ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #181
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
I'll post it. Now I just have to stop working forced OT and work on the bike along with 30 other projects at home that need my attention.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #182
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
[QUOTE=Bob Tosi;15040061]once I get the old girl back running I'll be on the road for sure. We got to get back in the dirt! I have a ride in mind, from chico through cohasset on Ponderosa rd to Lassen and chester.[/QUOTE

That is a good ride but it will be very muddy just past Cohasset down to the creek. Also probably snow at the top end by 32. Let me know as well and I will go.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #183
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Is anyone interested in riding this saturday or sunday? Maybe check out the high lakes area or see how far we can get up Cohasset Rd. Let me know.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 02-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #184
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

come on someone has to be watching?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #185
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Bob may be heading out of town this weekend. I should know by tonight. If not I will ride with ya.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #186
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,735
I'm in Bob,

What day and where do you want to meet. I'm in Magalia, been thinking about going for a ride and your timing is impecable. I've been wanting to meet you
Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #187
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
I might be able to do a Sunday ride.
Saturday night is date night for the wife and I...we are going to the Chico Cabaret to see One Flew Over The Cookoos Nest".
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #188
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Cohasset

I tried riding out past Cohasset a few weeks ago. It got really muddy towards the top and I had to turn around. If I didn't have the girlfriend and had a new tire I probably could have made it up. It should be dry enough by now though. I'd like to try it again and see where it ends up. I've never been past the top of the road where the big cement slab is. It looks like it's going to be raining next week, so it might be good to get there before it all turns into slop again.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #189
redog1
KLR650-2009

hey lucasleader,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLeader View Post
I tried riding out past Cohasset a few weeks ago. It got really muddy towards the top and I had to turn around. If I didn't have the girlfriend and had a new tire I probably could have made it up. It should be dry enough by now though. I'd like to try it again and see where it ends up. I've never been past the top of the road where the big cement slab is. It looks like it's going to be raining next week, so it might be good to get there before it all turns into slop again.
My parents used to have a cabin up in that area in the 60's 70's and 80's. grew up in the area and have a lot of good memories. Past the hili-pad about 8-10 mils is deer creek. I've never been farter than that. probably been 20 years since I've been up there.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #190
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

somebody bring a GPS and lets do it!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #191
redog1
KLR650-2009

Never leave home without it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
somebody bring a GPS and lets do it!
Day? time? Where to meet? Looking forward to it. I need a day off from moving.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #192
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
I wish I could make it, but I don't have plans to go up to my house in Browsville in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like a good ride. Never been there. Places you have never been always sound intriguing. Have a fun ride and let us know how it went??

LaPorte
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #193
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

My vote is for Saturday morning Cohasste run as far as we can safely get. Meet at the Starbucks at the intersection of East Ave and Cohasset. 7:00am

What do you guys say? Sunday os good for me too.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #194
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
My vote is for Saturday morning Cohasste run as far as we can safely get. Meet at the Starbucks at the intersection of East Ave and Cohasset. 7:00am

What do you guys say? Sunday os good for me too.
I can't Saturday. I have to be in Hamilton City at 10am, Orland, at 11am then date night in Chico in the evening. But I can do a Sunday ride.
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #195
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

hey guys how about a road trip later in the year?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624128

We got to represent!

Well is this weekend going to be Sat or Sun???