ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #1966
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I want to go. What kind of fuel range would I need.

And Redog1 I can not believe you have never been to Butt lake.
isn't it only about 45 miles from your house, the way the crow fly's.

I am just back from our last Trials event, Loads of fun with good people. Very tight competition in my class. 3 of the 4 riders that I was riding with tied. after 30 sections. I was fortunate to win the tie breaker. A whole story in itself.

Slight break now to gain some strength for the next round of adventure.
Smiles while sleeping.
A friend,Chad, just bought a 2001 Gas Gas 280 and says he wants to do all the PIT's events.

He is beyond an animal on dirtbikes on technical singletrack,rides his 450EXC like its a 125, usually with a chainsaw on the bike.
Somebody loaned him a Trials bike at a recent event and he loved it!
===========================================

Your BMW should have plenty of fuel range to do Butt Lake that way,not all that far and the Dome store has gas on hiway 70.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #1967
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
I'll put a call out this fall when I go (hopefully)

Quote:
I want to go. What kind of fuel range would I need.

And Redog1 I can not believe you have never been to Butt lake.
isn't it only about 45 miles from your house, the way the crow fly's.

I am just back from our last Trials event, Loads of fun with good people. Very tight competition in my class. 3 of the 4 riders that I was riding with tied. after 30 sections. I was fortunate to win the tie breaker. A whole story in itself.

Slight break now to gain some strength for the next round of adventure.
Smiles while sleeping.
...Hop-Sing, I can't believe I haven't been to Butt lake also. Lived in Quincy for seven years and even since I've been back in Magalia I haven't made it there, I've been close by it several times, just never took the time to make the little extra effort to get there. I kick myself for not doing more fishing, Butt Lake and Philbrook both. Both are supposed to be good fishing even for a lame ass such as myself. I need to make more of an effort, not to mention the creeks and the Feather River that surround me.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #1968
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
When

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
A friend,Chad, just bought a 2001 Gas Gas 280 and says he wants to do all the PIT's events.

He is beyond an animal on dirtbikes on technical singletrack,rides his 450EXC like its a 125, usually with a chainsaw on the bike.

Your BMW should have plenty of fuel range to do Butt Lake that way,not all that far and the Dome store has gas on hiway 70.
When did this Chad buy a bike. last weekend I let a guy ride my bike. He did real well and is hooked. It would be funny if it was him. big beard.
Anyway get him in touch with me if he wants to know anything. where is he from. Our next event is up at the Pits property at the corner of Hwy20 and I-80 it is the 12th and 13th. it is the Geritol and if anybody has an old ,real old bike I would like to borrow it. Saturday it is a handicap, old man on a old bike is the only way to win.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #1969
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Straight line

Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
...Hop-Sing, I can't believe I haven't been to Butt lake also. Lived in Quincy for seven years and even since I've been back in Magalia I haven't made it there, I've been close by it several times, just never took the time to make the little extra effort to get there. I kick myself for not doing more fishing, Butt Lake and Philbrook both. Both are supposed to be good fishing even for a lame ass such as myself. I need to make more of an effort, not to mention the creeks and the Feather River that surround me.
If you lived in Quincy and now Magalia and draw a 'Straight line" between them Butt lake would need to be swam across.

So with that fact in mind, I guess it makes perfect sense YOU would have never been there.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #1970
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Chad

Quote:

Hey, I am pretty sure that Chad was the guy that rode my bike.
My wife was checking at that section and I ran in front of him as he drove through the section. he did the 4 line and then followed me through the 2 line and got a 1. He and the tall guy he was with came back Sunday but I was competing and didn't get a chance to talk to him.
He looked at me funny when I told him to jump on my bike. Had to tell him I was serious. seemed like a good guy, I hope he gets his friend hooked also.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #1971
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Hey, I am pretty sure that Chad was the guy that rode my bike.
My wife was checking at that section and I ran in front of him as he drove through the section. he did the 4 line and then followed me through the 2 line and got a 1. He and the tall guy he was with came back Sunday but I was competing and didn't get a chance to talk to him.
He looked at me funny when I told him to jump on my bike. Had to tell him I was serious. seemed like a good guy, I hope he gets his friend hooked also.
He borrowed a cherry 4 stroke Trials bike but it was a little while ago,he rode the event and enjoyed himself and the friendly people,hes from Orland. Last I saw him he had the long full goatee going on with real short hair. Hes an A rated singletrack guy,fanatic about trail building and keeping trails open. I bet hes at an event soon.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #1972
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
I'm dragging ass today, AssDragger, HAH! anyways, go to page 72 here http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...938131&page=72
for pics of the rally. My RR won't be that exciting so don't get your hopes up.
I will get it done. Spent some of my day today trying to figure out how to get all of the crap that I load on the KLR loaded on the KTM for an upcoming trip.
I don't know how you guys do it and still try to maintain a certian level of comfort. I can't afford high quality back-packing gear.
I hunt ADV classifieds for quality camping gear,the "other" section of flea market sometimes has great stuff.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #1973
redog1
KLR650-2009

one of my problems is...

Quote:
I hunt ADV classifieds for quality camping gear,the "other" section of flea market sometimes has great stuff.
no matter how many people I ride with I always prescribe to the philosophy to be able to take care of myself and the fact that I'd "rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it" no matter what that particular item/situation might me. Self preservation comes from doing things alone a lot. Sleeping comfort is a priority and "experimenting" with high dollar back-packing equipment is expensive so I stay with what I know works for me.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #1974
Faceman214
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hey everyone sorry to jump in mid topic but wanted to introduce myself. Just moved from fresno to redding CA and looking for some dual sport riders to ride with! I am still a noob at off roading in general but really want to get out and learn as much as I can. If anyone in the area is up for a ride PM me or respond here, it would be greatly appreciated!
Faceman214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #1975
redog1
KLR650-2009

Welcome aboard Faceman,

You should be able to find somebody up that way to ride with if it cools off a little. A lot of good riding up that way from what I understand.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #1976
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman214 View Post
Hey everyone sorry to jump in mid topic but wanted to introduce myself. Just moved from fresno to redding CA and looking for some dual sport riders to ride with! I am still a noob at off roading in general but really want to get out and learn as much as I can. If anyone in the area is up for a ride PM me or respond here, it would be greatly appreciated!
Hey I'm in Redding,generally off on Monday and Tuesday,I'm either on my heavy slow V Strom or my XT350,I like to go slow and enjoy the moments, we can grab a Java and do a meet and greet in town.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #1977
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 348
My son just got a DRZ400 that will be ready to ride as soon as we get a few new parts. He would probably be interested in riding. I have a GS1200 and am always ready for a road ride and can do improved dirt. Willing to do some rougher stuff as long as I have someone else along to help pick up the pieces.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #1978
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
My son just got a DRZ400 that will be ready to ride as soon as we get a few new parts. He would probably be interested in riding. I have a GS1200 and am always ready for a road ride and can do improved dirt. Willing to do some rougher stuff as long as I have someone else along to help pick up the pieces.

Chuck
DRZ 400, nice choice!
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #1979
ChicoProf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post

Chuck
I still need to work into some dirt on my F700GS... I wouldn't mind a road ride with a bit of "improved dirt."
ChicoProf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #1980
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
My bike was hungry so it decided to eat my sleeping bag on Usal Road Saturday
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote