ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #2026
MdoubleP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3184 View Post
Who wants to go on a ride out of to chico up 32 and find some trails or something? I have a drz 400s. Lemme know if anyone wants to go riding sometime.
Nice, I just bought a 2007. The PO left it in pretty rough shape. We went through it with a fine-toothed comb and just got it put back together this evening.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #2027
Austin3184
SUMO 4 LYFE

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdoubleP View Post
Nice, I just bought a 2007. The PO left it in pretty rough shape. We went through it with a fine-toothed comb and just got it put back together this evening.

Nice bike man.
Austin3184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #2028
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3184 View Post
Nice bike man.
Nice bike, But the shop looks like a doctors office. Very nice.

Now as a disclaimer. Hop-Sing is a fake. he has never rode a motorcycle.
He has spent his entire life reading about them, but is to afraid to get near one while it is running. the sound alone scares him enough to wet his pants. He has a great fear of wheels and try's to avoid them at all cost.
He is basically a shut in and only watches sports and cartoons or reads the computer. He is really afraid of getting hurt, He sits at the computer with a $600 helmet on just because its safer, and he thinks it looks cool.

And, I know for a fact that he can be misleading. He will tell you "the fishing is good on the North end of the lake". And when you find him on the South side with More and bigger fish.

In his Truthful manner he would then say, Yea its even better over here.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #2029
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Hogs Back help...

Some friends of mine are planning an early fall adventure. The hope is to ride up Hogs Back, right on Plum Creek road, on to Ponderosa Way to Black Rock. I have done this a couple of times. Hogs Back is a miserable piece of real estate. Now the more daring of the group wants to take a left off of Ponderosa Way a couple of miles from Black Rock when returning. The plan is to follow this 'jeep trail' back to Hogs Back coming out around Finley lake. Now I recall the sign post marking that trail on the Hogs Back end, but have no first hand knowledge of that road/trail, or the area in general. The group will be a mix of guys in their 40's to late 50's and all will be riding TW-200. Any insight on this jeep trac would be much appreciated. Take care. Gerry
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #2030
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
For the more dirt oriented Dual Sport riders here's a few pics from pre-riding my upcoming Red Mountain 350 Dual Sport ride.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #2031
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Nice bike, But the shop looks like a doctors office. Very nice.

Now as a disclaimer. Hop-Sing is a fake. he has never rode a motorcycle.
He has spent his entire life reading about them, but is to afraid to get near one while it is running. the sound alone scares him enough to wet his pants. He has a great fear of wheels and try's to avoid them at all cost.
He is basically a shut in and only watches sports and cartoons or reads the computer. He is really afraid of getting hurt, He sits at the computer with a $600 helmet on just because its safer, and he thinks it looks cool.

And, I know for a fact that he can be misleading. He will tell you "the fishing is good on the North end of the lake". And when you find him on the South side with More and bigger fish.

In his Truthful manner he would then say, Yea its even better over here.
In reference to the shop,I much like the Hammer collection hanging suggestively against the wall.

A person could do some work with those.
==========================================

As far as Hop-Singe,most of us had figured out the ruse.
Some are meant to ride,some to kibbitz.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #2032
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,790
^^^^^ Yeah and if the work doesn't go as planned,

...good therapy.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #2033
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdoubleP View Post

Damn fine example of a Dizzer
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #2034
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 325
Hammered

Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
...good therapy.
No hammers were harmed during the maintenance of Mike's DRZ. However, the maintainers did get hammered. Despite this the bike runs great! Suspension upgrades, pumper carb, lowered gearing and the thing is almost a dirtbike.
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #2035
Casey1425
woodsman

Oddometer: 3
Peligreen Jeep Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
Some friends of mine are planning an early fall adventure. The hope is to ride up Hogs Back, right on Plum Creek road, on to Ponderosa Way to Black Rock. I have done this a couple of times. Hogs Back is a miserable piece of real estate. Now the more daring of the group wants to take a left off of Ponderosa Way a couple of miles from Black Rock when returning. The plan is to follow this 'jeep trail' back to Hogs Back coming out around Finley lake. Now I recall the sign post marking that trail on the Hogs Back end, but have no first hand knowledge of that road/trail, or the area in general. The group will be a mix of guys in their 40's to late 50's and all will be riding TW-200. Any insight on this jeep trac would be much appreciated. Take care. Gerry
hey Gerry, I have been out that way a bit. I believe it is the Peligreen jeep trail initailly, and then breaks up into a whole network of other trails. I went up Hogsback, crossed Antelope Creek and into said network of jeep and powerline roads that leads to Ponderosa along the north rim of mill creek. Alot of fun riding out there with some technical climbs and drops, twisty packed dirt, loose cobble, and exposed lava rock. Its way better than the pointless punishment of the Hogsback. You will want a GPS unit loaded with those trails, navigation is tricky.
BTW, has anyone heard if Four Trees road is opened up? I heard the Forest Circus was working on it.
Casey1425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #2036
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey1425 View Post
hey Gerry, I have been out that way a bit. I believe it is the Peligreen jeep trail initailly, and then breaks up into a whole network of other trails. I went up Hogsback, crossed Antelope Creek and into said network of jeep and powerline roads that leads to Ponderosa along the north rim of mill creek. Alot of fun riding out there with some technical climbs and drops, twisty packed dirt, loose cobble, and exposed lava rock. Its way better than the pointless punishment of the Hogsback. You will want a GPS unit loaded with those trails, navigation is tricky.
BTW, has anyone heard if Four Trees road is opened up? I heard the Forest Circus was working on it.
Four Trees road has been decreed open by the butte county supervisors,if the guy at the bottom of the road who started the whole "this road is mine and its closed" thing, locks the gate he has there the gate will be yanked out.

Nonetheless he sometimes sits out there with his barking dog and tells people either the road is closed,or they need a plate to ride on it,or whatever else he is in the mood to tell folks. Mainly he has declared it his and does what he wants. Until someone forces the issue harder.

But if your reasonable he will probably be reasonable,the road is getting overgrown and narrowing down due to him and his illegal closure,and then the USFS had a Road Closed sign at the bottom,which it turns out that was illegal as well,they have no idea what they're doing,as usual.

PG&E and the fire dept have both said they need that road open at all times,its about the only access up to 162 for a long ways in the 70 canyon.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #2037
outBackscout
EPIC ADVENTURER

Oddometer: 28
I just rode down the Four Trees Road last weekend and it was open. About four or five miles up from the bottom the Forest service has a sign posted that the road is closed and not open to through traffic... FWIW I went anyway and had no problem on the F800GS.
outBackscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #2038
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Hogs Back help...

Thanks Casey 1425. Yes Hogs Back is a piece of work. Can you imagine doing it in a horse drawn wagon. The ride that is planned so far has the group going up and back on that Lava Cap.... You got the area correct. With luck, one of our group will pre ride that section late next weekend. I suggested lots of water, a gps and their Spot. I as well suggested he have a companion just in case, but I doubt that will happen. Take care. Gerry
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 AM   #2039
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
Thanks Casey 1425. Yes Hogs Back is a piece of work. Can you imagine doing it in a horse drawn wagon. The ride that is planned so far has the group going up and back on that Lava Cap.... You got the area correct. With luck, one of our group will pre ride that section late next weekend. I suggested lots of water, a gps and their Spot. I as well suggested he have a companion just in case, but I doubt that will happen. Take care. Gerry
Hogsback is truly a joy,I only wish it could be part of a daily commute for me.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #2040
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Hogsback is truly a joy,I only wish it could be part of a daily commute for me.
Hahaha!
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote