ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #196
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
I'll go either day. I'm going to try and figure out how to make a track and download it onto my GPS. The only software I have for it doesn't show the roads beyond Cohasset, but Google Maps does. I should be able to get it sorted out tomorrow afternoon though.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #197
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,798
Let's do sunday...

Sunday is good. This way we can get 3-4 guys together. 7:00am at starbucks. I'm there and looking forward to it.

A ride Later in the year sounds good also. Weekend road trip over towards the coast would be great. Been wanting to get over that way and Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff is a good ride but I'd do some new roads also. From what I've read Bob knows the area well.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #198
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
OK, sounds like sunday is the day. How about 7:00am at the Starbucks at the corner of East and Cohasset. Its in a small strip mall next to the theatre. Next to Quizno's.
As far as a ride later in the year, check this out:

http://www.ironmandualsport.com/Upcoming_Rides.html

Robert Van Court is a local guy here in Chico, I believe and a top notch dude. I havent got to do any of these rides yet but this is going to be the year!

The WetFest ride is to Bend, Oregon with some of the asylum from up north.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #199
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Sounds good

I'm in for Sunday. I figured out how to make a route on my GPS and have one made going from Cohasset road to Ponderosa to Lassen and ends up in Chester. Should be interesting. I've looked at those Ironman dual sport rides before. I'd be interested in the Red Mountain 350. Something to give my DR a good workout. It'd be nice to have the route saved too.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #200
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,798
Ironman rides...

look interesting, I'm usually not one for "large group events". I'd have to think on this. Fun factor might overcome all else and it would be a chance to get to see a lot of new trails/roads.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #201
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Meet time on Sunday?
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #202
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

7:00 is fine with me. That would give us plenty of time to get up to Chester if the road isn't too bad. I think I read an article about someone taking their rental Honda SUV all the way down from Chester to Chico the same way, so unless it's super muddy I don't think it will be a problem.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #203
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Sunday is good. This way we can get 3-4 guys together. 7:00am at starbucks. I'm there and looking forward to it.

A ride Later in the year sounds good also. Weekend road trip over towards the coast would be great. Been wanting to get over that way and Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff is a good ride but I'd do some new roads also. From what I've read Bob knows the area well.
I may have missed it..which Starbucks?

edit: found it:

Quote:
Meet at the Starbucks at the intersection of East Ave and Cohasset. 7:00am
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #204
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

So I am riding my Tiger you see in my avatar, Lucas is riding the DR650, who else is riding what?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #205
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

I'm bringing my R1200GS.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #206
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm bringing my R1200GS
Ahhhhhhh.......big boy toys
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #207
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
Ahhhhhhh.......big boy toys
I just got it last month and have been dying to do something with it rather than back and forth from Orland to Chico and back commuting to work!

I used to have a metric cruiser..the dual-sport thing is all new to me.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #208
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I just got it last month and have been dying to do something with it rather than back and forth from Orland to Chico and back commuting to work!

I used to have a metric cruiser..the dual-sport thing is all new to me.
Be ready to have fun but realize yo will need to be careful. You got off road tires?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #209
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
hey guys how about a road trip later in the year?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624128

We got to represent!

Well is this weekend going to be Sat or Sun???
I'd be up fer this think ya can wait fer me to ride up from Sacto???

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #210
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

this will be later in the year and i dont know if I'm going but it is something to plan for