ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #226
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Fun ride!

I had a good time. I looked at our track when I got home and we were about three miles from the 32 when we had to turn around. I don't have a lot of pictures that show anything different from yours Bob, but here are a couple.
Love getting the bike dirty.
PIC_0228
A lot of confidence and not a lot of traction here.
PIC_0229
What are you looking at?
PIC_0251
Close one!
PIC_0262
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #227
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
we were about three miles from the 32 when we had to turn around.
Only if I had knobbies!!!!!
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #228
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
I took a ride up to Magalia this morning to look at the snow and visit a co-worker for lunch...the road just up out of Magalia was slick as snot with ice!

Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #229
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,553
Oh yeah the roads were icy!!!

You're nuts being on them this morning on a bike. What time were you up?
Had to take a ride to Red Bluff this morning (in a cage) and as I looked at all of the hills around the North Valley I was wondering how much snow was up in the area that Bob, Lucasleader and I rode just last Sunday. Must be at least 2-3 feet.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #230
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You're nuts being on them this morning on a bike. What time were you up?
Had to take a ride to Red Bluff this morning (in a cage) and as I looked at all of the hills around the North Valley I was wondering how much snow was up in the area that Bob, Lucasleader and I rode just last Sunday. Must be at least 2-3 feet.
I'll bet we couldnt even get close to the cell towers. A couple of my co-workers had to work on the cell tower circuit yesterday and they said there was at least 6 inches on the road and it snowed all day. So was sticking at Jack Rabbit Flat Rd.

Quote:
You're nuts being on them this morning on a bike.
I wonder why them call him SpecialEd
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #231
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

I didn't get very far out of Magalia at all.
I came around a curve , and while the road didn't have any snow on it, it was wet and icy, and I could feel the bike get squirrely...that was enough for me!!

Dogtown road:

Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #232
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
I am heading up to Brownsville this week for a few day's. I was trying to decide if I should bring a bike up. From your post's, it looks like I shouldn't bother. Need to put in some anti freeze into the toilets. Looks like the temps will drop into the teens next week.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 02-24-2011 at 02:38 PM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #233
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Took a ride with my truck on Wednesday. Went to Chico and up Cohasset Rd. Went to where the sign said "Road not maintained beyond this point, travel at you own risk".
Snow was plowed up to that point and then it was 4-wheel drive through 1 to 1 1/2 feet deep snow. I am sure as you got higher in elevation the snow got deeper so I turned around and went back to Brownsville.
Looking forward to doing that ride as soon as the snow melts. But with this new weather pattern, who knows when that may be?

LaPorte
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #234
redog1
KLR650-2009

there was no snow when we were there.

We got as high as 5100' on the Lassen Trail before we had to turn around. Only a few miles from Hwy 32. Had to back track something like 50+ miles to Chico. A reason to go back and do it again,
Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #235
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

I wasn't sure how you got to HiWay 32, so I took another look at Google Maps and can see you can take Lassen Trail and intersect HiWay 32.
From what I see you can go all over the place if the roads are open and ridable.
I have a track from Cohasset Rd. to Ponderosa Rd. to Plum Creek Rd. to Little Grant Rd. to HiWay 36. Not sure thats the best way. But I have not been their before so it's all new to me.
Would like to join you guys next time you go!

LaPorte
Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #236
redog1
KLR650-2009

i'M IN FOR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT...

As long as weather/conditions and schedule permits. LET'S RIDE
Old 02-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #237
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Whooooo!

I just got my new rear Michelin T63 tire from the big brown truck. I'll probably hold off from installing for a few weeks, because I don't think the hills are going to be ridable for a while. I do want to go back up and make it all the way to the highway. I check in here all the time looking for rides, so keep me updated.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #238
redog1
KLR650-2009

Hey Lucas,

You'll like those tires. I ran a set got almost 4k from them. They worked well in all cicumstances but not quite as good on the dirt as the trackmasters but the trackmasters aren't quite as good as the Michilens on the road. Just my experience with both. I've considered going back to the Michilens but I've got a different set to run first.
Have a great day. Just got my power back on up here.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #239
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Who's up for a ride this weekend? Exploration maybe? Magalia- Jordan Hill-Concow To Phillbrook or Pulga???????

Quote:
wasn't sure how you got to HiWay 32, so I took another look at Google Maps and can see you can take Lassen Trail and intersect HiWay 32.
From what I see you can go all over the place if the roads are open and ridable.
I have a track from Cohasset Rd. to Ponderosa Rd. to Plum Creek Rd. to Little Grant Rd. to HiWay 36. Not sure thats the best way. But I have not been their before so it's all new to me.
Would like to join you guys next time you go!

LaPorte
Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #240
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Looks like the weather is calling for rain pretty much every day for the next week.

I was planning to go on a guided ride down in Modesto on Sunday, but it is so far, I'm thinking I wont.

Bob, does your Tiger have a topcase with big round eye bolts for ties downs on the top? I almost gave your bike (if that was it) a fake parking ticket downtown today, but didn't in case it wasn't yours ;)

Ed

Special Ed screwed with this post 03-18-2011 at 05:44 AM