ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #241
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,778
As bad as I want to ride....

I'm kind of tired of the rain and cold. I've got a friend coming up from southern Cal in a couple of weeks so I need to get off my butt and get my place settled in. Spent most of last weekend cleaning up downed trees on my Ma's property after the snow we had. It's going to be a busy spring. Can't wait for some sunshine.

The next weekend with some sun shining, or at least just cloudy, I'm in for a ride. I'll let you know if I can ride when my friend gets here, he's bringing his bike, my old 1990 KLR. I miss that bike, should have kept it.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #242
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Bob, does your Tiger have a topcase with big round eye bolts for ties downs on the top? I almost gave your bike (if that was it) a fake parking ticket downtown today, but didn't in case it wasn't yours ;)
Yes I was downtown around 10am or so......accross from the Raw Bar at 4th and Broadway. There's only 1 Tiger in Chico so that had to be me......LOL, but I filled the meter up for an hour plus 10mins.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #243
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Looks like we are getting rained out again!
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #244
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Tires

Hey Bob, I don't know if you've been looking at tires at all, but it sounds like the new Kenda Big Blocks wouldn't be so great after all. I just read most of this thread and they seem to have a pretty short life. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643297
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #245
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Kenda Big Blocks

We'll have to see what happens. I have a set coming for the front and rear. Want to help me put them on Lucas? Free beer!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #246
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Beer!

Yeah I could give you a hand. I have three tire spoons that work pretty well, but it's kind of tough to avoid some small scratches in the wheels. I still haven't mounted my new tire yet. I've been waiting for some decent riding weather so I can go to the hills before I start wearing it down on the daily commute. Let me know when you get them. This week is booked for me, but the weekend will be open.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #247
redog1
KLR650-2009

Sounds like...

some fun spring riding coming up. New shoes for the ponies, how about for you Lucas?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #248
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

I don't have anything specific planned, but I am getting pretty antsy to a more interesting ride than school and back.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #249
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I don't have anything specific planned, but I am getting pretty antsy to a more interesting ride than school and back.
I am off for 2 more weeks and am antsy to do some recon myself. Dont really know where just want to RIDE!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #250
redog1
KLR650-2009

I'm with you guys,

Sure would be nice to get a few consecutive days without some rain. Soon, Spring is just around the corner.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #251
Special Ed
2007 R1200GS

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Sure would be nice to get a few consecutive days without some rain. Soon, Spring is just around the corner.
The rain is killing me!

Chico, CA (95928)

Mar 23 Today
Windy with rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers for the afternoon. Thunder possible. High around 50F. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Mar 23 Tonight
Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 43F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Mar 24 Tomorrow
Rain and wind. Thunder possible. High 46F. Winds SSE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 90%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.

Mar 24 Tomorrow night
A steady rain early. Showers with perhaps a rumble of thunder developing late. Low 42F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Mar 25 Friday
Rain with a few rumbles of thunder. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 26 Saturday
Cloudy with rain. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 27 Sunday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 28 Monday
Few showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 29 Tuesday
Showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 40s.

Mar 30 Wednesday
Plenty of sun. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Mar 31 Thursday
Few showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 40s.

Apr 1 Friday
Showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s.
Special Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #252
redog1
KLR650-2009

Thanks for that...

, Screw it, I'm heading to Death Valley in three weeks. I'm really hoping sometime between now and then I can get out on the bike. yeah right.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #253
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
I heard that Honda is coming out with a XR-A 600 ARK, it will carry two up and have room for 25 animal pairs. Also heard you still need to learn the starting drill to start the thing. IMS is supposed to have a 25 gallon tank for it soon.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 03-23-2011 at 08:49 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #254
redog1
KLR650-2009

Laugh Halarious!!!

I had to read it twice but I get it...
Sometimes I'm a little slow, That's why I ride a KLR
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #255
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Sometimes I'm a little slow, That's why I ride a KLR
Dont believe that! He is the sleeper on the crew!