ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #496
IAmTheBatman
IAmTheBatman

Oddometer: 17
I'd be keen to go check it out on Sunday. Can't do Saturday.
IAmTheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #497
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Hey, if you haven't been to one of these before I'd suggest going to watch. Being an off-road rider I can really appreciate the skill these guys/girls have. Beautiful day and wonderful location!
Yea, this is a woman, she was kick-ass!

oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #498
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 318
Thanks for the tip about the Trials. It was a great day for a ride so I went down and watched for a little while. I couldn't crawl over most of section 2 let alone walk or ride a bike thru it. Yet some of the experts went thru clean. Before watching them do so I would have said it was impossible to do on a motorbike.

Chuck

Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #499
IAmTheBatman
IAmTheBatman

Oddometer: 17
I also appreciate the info. I rode over and watched for awhile today. Very cool. Never seen trials riding before. What a great day for a ride.
IAmTheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #500
fc13rtrd
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Cool2 Chico area

Looking forward to the off-road instruction from Ironman Dual Sport this coming weekend! Gotta break in the new Super Tenere and make some contacts. Good to see plenty of Adventure riders in my area, now just have to get out there and do it...
fc13rtrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #501
tweeder
Farkle Queen

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc13rtrd View Post
Looking forward to the off-road instruction from Ironman Dual Sport this coming weekend! Gotta break in the new Super Tenere and make some contacts. Good to see plenty of Adventure riders in my area, now just have to get out there and do it...
You won't be disappointed with Bob and Ironman. I've been on a few of his rides, know him well, and know the folks he rides with. Good people, as are the others on this forum.

Knowing another big bike will be there, I might bring my Wee on street tires...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #502
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Thanks Guys, Sunday should be both fun and informative. The first part of the Class at the Clay Pits we'll go over the basics, the second half after lunch will be a good ride in the hills East of Oroville to practice our skills and some good one on one instruction from myself and the other instructors. The weather should be great Sunday and I can't wait for the snow to melt so we get to some serious riding. Also check out the thread " Sheetiron Alternative " in this West Regional Forum. It's the Crown Point Rally that I'm doing May 20th, should be a great Sunday ride with both Dual Sport and Adventure Bike routes. Thanks for posting it up Rockmonster.
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #503
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,439
I will be there to. Coming in from Nevada City on my 950. Can't wait!

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #504
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Trials event

I have not been to this site for a bit. but am surprised to see the picture of the Trials event.
I am the organizer for this event. I have put it on for the past three years. I took about 132 photos at this section. those photos can be viewed several ways. 1 go to the Sacramento Pits web site and look for Photos, they are the Rocky Ridge Trial pictures. www.sactopits.org
They can also be seen on the West coast AHRMA Trials web page. I have them on Photo Bucket so they can be found easy.
Saturday the day the pictures were taken is a Vintage /Begginer day and then on Sunday we hit the more intense stuff. I am glad some of you made it out. and I may have even talked to a couple of you as I tend to check out the GS bikes. So let me know who was there in a PM as I would like to connect. Also as the Organizer I would like to know how you heard about it.
It is a rather tight nit group, but I did put an ad in Craiglist. It was a real nice day and the price was right.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #505
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 638
Cool! thanks for put up the pictures.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #506
AlanDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgarden Bob View Post
Thanks Guys, Sunday should be both fun and informative.
I made it out there, had a great time, and learned a lot. Honestly, I had no clue what would be taught, but after doing the initial drills I felt a million times more confident taking my 'inappropriate' bike off-road. I was quite the outcast with my cx500, with what looked like 80% street legal off-road bikes. Luckily they broke us out as a separate group of first-timers and Joel was great as the lead instructor. I even met the infamous Mr. Gizmo! I don't want to suggest this, but I definitely thought, "man, they should be charging money for this!" I felt I got a significant amount of instruction and feedback.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #507
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Thanks Alan, I enjoyed the morning and picked up lots of good tips as well. The folks supporting from Ironman Duel Sports seem to be seasoned veterans when it comes to duel sport adventures. Being an adventure rider myself, I am a bit embarrassed to say; in my quest for the Clay Pits, I ended up ten miles away. As a result of the delay, I lost some valuable training time. On a side note, I ordered the DVD "Duel Sport Riding Techniques". As I ride alone, I try to avoid the big unknowns that single tracks can offer up from time to time. Given that my routes have been 90% logging or Forest Service roads our 'little' hill climb exercise really had my heart ah pounding. Take care, and my thanks to all......... Gerry
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #508
tweeder
Farkle Queen

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanDog View Post
I made it out there, had a great time, and learned a lot. Honestly, I had no clue what would be taught, but after doing the initial drills I felt a million times more confident taking my 'inappropriate' bike off-road. I was quite the outcast with my cx500, with what looked like 80% street legal off-road bikes. Luckily they broke us out as a separate group of first-timers and Joel was great as the lead instructor. I even met the infamous Mr. Gizmo! I don't want to suggest this, but I definitely thought, "man, they should be charging money for this!" I felt I got a significant amount of instruction and feedback.
Alan,

Joel here-glad to hear you had a good time! As far as your tires go-I've done Bob's Wildwood 400 on balder tires than yours-your machine is just fine! You picked up on the skills very quickly and looked awesome. You'd have a lot of fun on most of Bob's rides for sure.

Let me know if you want to ride sometime-I'm up for easy dirt or street rides or just bullshitting. I'm in Chico-PM me for details...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #509
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Brownsville to Arnold Ride

I have been checking with the Forest Service and was told today, that the high country where this Adventure Bike Ride is scheduled to go is now open. (snow has melted). So I am posting to see who would be insterested in joining me. The ride would start in Brownsville and end in Arnold mostly 2 lane back roads with some dirt. Approx 270 miles total. Spend the night in Arnold and return to Brownsville in the morning. I have a information sheet with more information that I can PM you if you are interested.

I would like to do this ride next week. I perfer weekdays. I am retired so its easy for me.

LaPorte
Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #510
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,439
I have Thurs/Fri off.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote