ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #46
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
July 18, 2010

About 1 mile into the dirt

When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #47
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

1st rest stop at Phillbrook Lake

When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 07-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #48
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #49
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

The crew lined up at the lunch stop in Chester, Ca

Hungry kitty waiting for food

Old 07-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #50
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,793
Anybody up for a ride,

Saturday the 24th?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #51
CatSailor
CatSailor

Oddometer: 29
Looks Fun!

I think I saw you guys in Chester Sunday afternoon. We were sailing catamarans on Eagle Lake and on the way back to Chico. With a little shuffling of commitments I might be able to get out this weekend too.
CatSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #52
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
I'm up for another ride this weekend. I'll start looking around at different routes.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #53
redog1
KLR650-2009

I'm game...

one way or another I'll be riding on the 24th. I need to get out and start exploring some of the area around paradise/magalia. Cleared that day and have arranged for Friday off so I can get my projects done.

Let's ride
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #54
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 349
I don't enjoy riding in the heat we are having. If you decide to have a ride this weekend and are pretty much staying out of the valley and/or are starting pretty early I am interested too. I am still recovering from the heat soak I got riding this past weekend- it was 107 by the time I got home.
Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #55
lowx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I'm up for a ride anytime. Let me know a time and place.
lowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #56
redog1
KLR650-2009

I'm not leaving the Pine Trees,

I have to ride home to Stockton the next morning so I don't want to be zapped by heat either. My goal is to explore the forest service roads up above Magalia. Never been off of the pavement up that way and haven't been to Philbrook lake since I was about 5. I have no route planned as I'm not familiar with the area, just go and explore. I do have a GPS and thought I'd see where it took me if I wasn't riding with anybody with local knowledge.
I am going to be taking some water with me and snacks in case I don't end up anywhere for lunch (I'm diabetic). If anybody would like to join me, let's meet at tthe intersection of Skyway and Coutelenc Rd. at 7AM and plan on departing no later than 7:30am. I welcome riders with local knowledge and anyone else for that matter. Suggestions for destinations? High Lakes area?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #57
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

I would like to try to get up to the High Lakes again. I think if we brought a folding shovel we could dig a line through the snow. I don't know how much more snow there is beyond where I had to stop, but I think it drops back down so it should be dry. I say let's try it. This is where I had to stop, right at the sign with the map of the High Lakes. That road is actually going uphill.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #58
redog1
KLR650-2009

How many weeks ago was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLeader
I would like to try to get up to the High Lakes again. I think if we brought a folding shovel we could dig a line through the snow. I don't know how much more snow there is beyond where I had to stop, but I think it drops back down so it should be dry. I say let's try it. This is where I had to stop, right at the sign with the map of the High Lakes. That road is actually going uphill.
I've got a folding shovel but my knobbies are pretty worn. Saving my new tires for the TAT ride I'll be taking off for in 6 weeks (western states)
Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #59
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Not that many.

That was almost exactly two weeks ago.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #60
sevkev
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I just did an unexpected traverse of the High Lakes area on 7/19. There was only one small patch of snow (read as a non issue) just around the corner and to the left from where the above picture was taken.

There is some roadwork going on the upper skyway/ Forest Road 171 just below the Humbug/Butte Creek Flat Road intersection. The flagmen only allow traffic to traverse the work site on the hour, so expect delays of up to an hour, or show up on time and drive on through.
sevkev is offline   Reply With Quote