ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #736
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Need some advice

I am in the process of fixing up an old Honda CT-90 trail bike. I am going to need to get the cylinder re-bored. Anyone have personal experience with a machine shop that did a decent job on their re-bore as to feel comfortable making a recommendation. Thanks, Gerry
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #737
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Bike shop

For all you Chico riders that need a bike shop.
I don't really know the name, but if you like an old time shop here is a good one.
It is two old motorcycle guys that have a shop out by the airport. One guy is named Craig Hanson 342-8049. Can't remember the other guys name. Anyway these guys are a "Must know about". Their place is just a hole in the wall in the industrial area of the airport. they along with there prices are out of the seventy's. If you need more info getting in touch with them let me know. they can be a valuable source especially with the older stuff.
If and when you go into their shop trust me to know your bike wont get lost, they have a ton of bikes in there, but you will get your stuff done and they know what they are doing. they have been at it longer than you have been alive. Good guys, Craig always comes out and helps me with my Trials event out by Black Butte in April.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #738
Casey353
Crash Tested

Oddometer: 4
Sunday ride

I'm free to ride Sunday, meet at Cohassett store late morning?
Casey353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #739
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
I'm doing sod in Sunday. Saturday morning is open for me.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #740
ksobon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I can ride Sat AM.
ksobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #741
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Got blown out with chores. Maybe later today.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #742
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sunday anyone? Thinking of meeting at my house then head up into Cohasset and see how far we can get......
Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #743
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Just dropped the bike off to get the "new to me" rear rack "fitted" at the welders, otherwise I'd be in. Looks like the weather is going to be very nice!
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #744
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Cohasset 3-7

This is where I turned around yesterday..
[IMG][/IMG]

This is from Monday...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I rode up to the snow in cohasset yesterday then dropped into the canyon at the cohasset/ponderosa junctions and rode above forest ranch. Then went down Crown point road to Doe mill then Powelton to Lovelock. The snow got real thick on Powelton above lovelock but the junction of both roads was next to none. Muddy none the less. Here's a link to the photos from yesterdays ride http://s1240.beta.photobucket.com/us...0to%20Lovelock
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #745
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Excellant photoshoot.

Another option to ride is maybe start at center gap and see what happens from there. Maybe meet in the raley's parking lot at mitre dame and skyway.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #746
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Well I just got my 525 back together after it's most recent rebuild still working on some electrical issues and trying to figure out what gearing to run. I'd like to tag along if the ride develops for Sunday.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #747
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
I can ride in the AM Sunday if you guys want to get together. Need to be back at my house by 1ish to make it to work on time.

Rode with Redog1 and my Dad today up Skyway across Doe Mill to 32, up to H Line then Ponderosa to Deer Creek. Turn around and came back Cohasset...Such a Great Day. Cohasset was a little muddy but no snow Headed to work, I'll check back here late tonight if anyone is getting together early tomorrow.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #748
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Looks like I'll be riding trails instead, maybe next time.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #749
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone want to meet at my house at 9 - 9:30, we can leave from there and run up to Cohasset and see what's up there.

Ill check back later.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #750
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Loosely goosey here. Will ride out around 9:30am.

3325 Keefer rd off Cohasset about a half mile west.