ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #751
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Hey Bob, looks like I'm up for a little Dual Sport afterall. See you at your place 9:30
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #752
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Rock and roll!
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #753
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Today's ride up through Cohassetband down to the Deer Creek bridge was AWESOME! Ride with Rockgarden Rob and his mighty KTM

When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #754
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Winter rides

[SIZE="3"]BanXeo, it was great to see pictures of your ride. You have a true sense of adventure (in my opinion). My willingness to deal with those extremes has been tempered (with age). Your bike looks capable, but don't see much (any) 'just in case' provisions stored aboard. Most of use ride 'forever' and have no issues. An overnight on your last ride would be real uncomfortable without some protection. I have gleaned some solace in having my Spot, heavy duty garbage bag or mylar sleeping sac, tools and such in place just in case. I am not riding for a ribbon, just fun. I have found that a few extra pounds provides me an edge against the unexpected and has helped me help others as well. Keep those wheels turning (I really enjoy your posts). Stay safe. Gerry
http://s267.beta.photobucket.com/use...ff%20I%20carry
SIZE]
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #755
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Was on a shake down run on the new bike. Didn't have much in the way of prep time as I didn't set my clocks so I was just getting out of bed as Bob rolled up.....lol

Got lots to get used to on the ATK but it will be a beast on the trail. Can't believe I actually took the Tiger down this road. That was pure insanity. Bob was great today waiting for this slow poke...lol
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #756
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 681
That looks like it was a cool ride and thanks for posting up pictures ,
I was up at my friends cabin this weekend helping him do more construction.
he said in the 30+ years he has been going up there he has never seen so many downed trees on the road, it's clear to get through but the trees are still there, It looks pretty cool, I didn't get any pictures because we drove up there after dark and came home after dark.
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #757
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

We had a section where people have cut the trees but it was still like trying to get through a maze. Lots of trash on the trail.

The coolest part about the ride was hanging with Rockgarden Rob. He was really cool about me being a slow poke. Plus he had lots of good stories and helpful tips for this old guy to help me ride better.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #758
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi View Post
We had a section where people have cut the trees but it was still like trying to get through a maze. Lots of trash on the trail.

The coolest part about the ride was hanging with Rockgarden Rob. He was really cool about me being a slow poke. Plus he had lots of good stories and helpful tips for this old guy to help me ride better.
Glad you guys had a great ride..Sorry I missed ya'. A coworker got a 500 a few days ago and it hadn't seen any dirt so we took off yesterday morning up 32 and ended up riding H line to ponderosa way again. We had every intention of making it to Black rock but turned around 2 miles or so from it. Stock tank, time, work etc. but will make for another fun adventure next time. Here's a Vid coming back from just above Deer Creek where that water runs under the road. The tree's Bob is talking about start around the 7 min mark.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #759
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Sounds like the H line gate is open and the rest of the road to.....snow????
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #760
DowDuer
!rn00b-aK

Oddometer: 214
My landlord, who is a veterinarian has a visiting vet from Colombia, Javier. Javier asked about renting a bike and going for a ride. I only have one bike and it has some "quirks"(miles/mods) so I was wondering if anyone would have an extra bike and be able to take him on a tour. Speaking spanish would be helpful but he has some English.

Edit: I have been informed that Colombia is spelled with a O, not a U.
DowDuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #761
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Tour of what?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #762
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Thumb Nice job Jeramie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
Glad you guys had a great ride..Sorry I missed ya'. A coworker got a 500 a few days ago and it hadn't seen any dirt so we took off yesterday morning up 32 and ended up riding H line to ponderosa way again. We had every intention of making it to Black rock but turned around 2 miles or so from it. Stock tank, time, work etc. but will make for another fun adventure next time. Here's a Vid coming back from just above Deer Creek where that water runs under the road. The tree's Bob is talking about start around the 7 min mark.
Started my work day off right. Battery go dead? I was hoping to see the last little bit before the Heli-pad
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #763
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,795
That IS a good video,Ive still got this 530 sitting here under it's cover doing nothing.

Always up for a ride,the snow is melting off as we speak.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #764
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Started my work day off right. Battery go dead? I was hoping to see the last little bit before the Heli-pad
I actually stopped it before the Heli pad and started a new video clip hoping to catch my buddy and his brand new bike hitting all that mud but all the mud was gone. All of Cohasset looked totally different in 2 days time it was nice.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #765
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
That IS a good video,Ive still got this 530 sitting here under it's cover doing nothing.

Always up for a ride,the snow is melting off as we speak.
Monday looks like my next real riding day. Supposed to check out Jordan hill, concow, and dixie roads with a friend. Ill touch base with you about a time maybe we can all meet up together.