ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #886
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Chrome

Chrome Ca. if you can find that you can not miss this event. we are at Burrows gap about 2 miles north of Chrome. Right on the side of the road easy access. you will see motor home and toy haulers many people camp for the weekend. If you are coming in from Willows head west on
Ca-162w for 21.5 miles.
Turn Right at Rd 306/Ca162w
Now if you are coming in from the East like Chico you would be on 32.
Come right over the freeway and head out toward Black Butte Lake. After you go over the freeway I think the road becomes Newville road at some point. it will take you direct to road 306 and then you would turn left and event is about 1 mile.
If you are coming from the North this would be a good option if you had a big rig.
I turn at Corning and take the bumpy road out to Black Butte Lake and then turn West once I get to the lake. saves only about 10 minutes. that's if I am in a vehicle. otherwise, I could recommend some other multi hour dirt roads.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #887
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
I show the flyer listing the event at 4683 Co rd. 306 Chrome, Ca. Chrome is probably 8 miles north of Elk Creek and 3 miles south of Newville Rd/county rd 306. Chrome has a population of 13. So don't blink. Hop Sing Ill try to make it out there Sunday morning, sounds fun!
Sounds good. But I think if the population is 13 they are counting their dogs.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #888
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Cry

Hop Sing, should I bring my bike? You know what it is... Should I just come for the show? I would like to truck my bike down ( W.H.O.R.E., we haul our ride everywhere) and meet up at the comp. site from camping.. Enlighten me..Don't Wanna be there with a cage!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #889
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

riding at the event

Brian, WE are on a private ranch that is 150 acres. I can't have a bunch of people riding around random on the land. If you rode the loop very slow you could probably have no complaints. There are some excellent dirt roads in the immediate area. and you could have a couple of good side rides. dry camping meaning no water I will have a porta potty. Probably a small group camping Friday night and more on Saturday. I am always worrying about having enough checkers. You would be great at it.
Guaranteed fun time.
I do know your bike, and as I proof read my words I think I should have said "slide" roads. as in Newville to Paskenta, Lowery, and the list goes on.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #890
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

I like to think I always mind my manners...lol. I might just drive down and be disappointed that I did not bring the bike. Anyone else going that might want a little extra excursion?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #891
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
I show the flyer listing the event at 4683 Co rd. 306 Chrome, Ca. Chrome is probably 8 miles north of Elk Creek and 3 miles south of Newville Rd/county rd 306. Chrome has a population of 13. So don't blink. Hop Sing Ill try to make it out there Sunday morning, sounds fun!
I went out there and watched/hiked around a couple years ago,Trials is pretty neat,friendly folks and you can watch right up close to see what they're doing. Every time I watch a trials event I wanna get another trials bike.

We used to ride the PITS event up at Cascade many years ago,great fun!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #892
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
I like to think I always mind my manners...lol. I might just drive down and be disappointed that I did not bring the bike. Anyone else going that might want a little extra excursion?

I'll probably go again and ride out past Black Butte Lake. Don't know if I can spend hours and hours running around because I'll be gone the next weekend to the Mendo Rally. If you want to trailer your bike down and leave your tow rig at my place for the day I've got plenty of room, and my place is easy to find.

Matt
oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #893
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Thanks Matt, Pencil me in for now. I really wanna go to the trials event and poke around a bit down there, especially with someone who knows their way around.... I was signed up for the Mendo rally too but had to cancel. Had a good time last year! If I truck down I will just throw my bike in the back of my pickup. I will PM you as time gets closer and I know more of my work schedule. Thanks again for the offer and hope to see you next weekend!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #894
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

GPS of Trials Location

If you find your way better with GPS.
39.76384, -122.52412

this sounds more like my off shore bank account. But my buddy tells me some may find it helpful.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #895
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
I tried to make it out there today, however my dad woke up in a rather confused state of mind. I decided that as confused as he was still in his own home, it would be too much to take him out to beautiful downtown Chrome. I hope somebody took a bunch of photos and they get posted. Thanks, JB
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #896
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcaddy View Post
I tried to make it out there today, however my dad woke up in a rather confused state of mind. I decided that as confused as he was still in his own home, it would be too much to take him out to beautiful downtown Chrome. I hope somebody took a bunch of photos and they get posted. Thanks, JB
It would have been even quieter in Chrome had you made it out there,the Trials is on the 27th and 28th.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #897
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
It would have been even quieter in Chrome had you made it out there,the Trials is on the 27th and 28th.
I guesss my dad was not the only one that was confused
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #898
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Thanks Matt, Pencil me in for now. I really wanna go to the trials event and poke around a bit down there, especially with someone who knows their way around.... I was signed up for the Mendo rally too but had to cancel. Had a good time last year! If I truck down I will just throw my bike in the back of my pickup. I will PM you as time gets closer and I know more of my work schedule. Thanks again for the offer and hope to see you next weekend!
I am up for meeting up and doing a little riding in the hills above Chrome on Sunday. I have to be back in Chico by 3 to get to work. Just let me know if anyone is interested.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #899
tweeder
Farkle Queen

Oddometer: 436
Wildwood store gone?

I rode by the Wildwood store in where else, Wildwood, and to my dismay I saw it was gone-nothing but the foundation was left.

Anyone have any idea what happened? Any plans to rebuild?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #900
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
I rode by the Wildwood store in where else, Wildwood, and to my dismay I saw it was gone-nothing but the foundation was left.

Anyone have any idea what happened? Any plans to rebuild?
Fire last fall. 4 or 5,000 acres burned towards Hayfork.
No info on rebuilding.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote