ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #1006
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,041
Prolly gonna get rained on, thick Memorial Day traffic. I was gonna go over the weekend but decided to wait for tomorrow or Wed. If you can wait.....
Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #1007
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Prolly gonna get rained on, thick Memorial Day traffic. I was gonna go over the weekend but decided to wait for tomorrow or Wed. If you can wait.....
1. I was going to check this thread before I left and forgot.
2. Yep, I got rained on but I really don't mind nowadays, I don't like riding when it's hot and we got gypped on winter this year in my opinion. I'm at the point now that I will leave to go for a ride even if it's raining.
3. no traffic at all...it was raining
4. it's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow...that's too hot for my liking.
5. If you had gone with me I probably wouldn't have missed the turn off for Mule town rd...
6. the view at the top is about 10yrds when engulfed in clouds.
7. that road has unexpectedly steep spots.
8. conditions where moist and I was churning quite a bit of the way up.
9. I will go again when it's 70 degrees or less and clear so I can actually see the view.
10. hopefully I will have some pic's to put up if the lens wasn't too crapped up from water vapor(clouds)/rain...
Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #1008
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Was wondering if you went or not. I guess you hadn't been up there before? Yeah, that road takes some by surprise but momentum is the key. Now that you have been there you know what to expect!! Sorry you missed the view, it's killer! I don't usually miss Muletown but the turn off for Peltier Valley Rd. has me doubling back now and then. I have not taken it yet (or seen it for that matter) but about half way to the top is a turn off to East County Line rd. which can either dump you off on Crystal Creek Rd. or on Buckhorn Summit on 299. Next time up I am gonna try to find that one. it is just hard to "look around" climbing that hill.......
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #1009
oobus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobus View Post
$5 for motorcycles.Well worth the price. Perfect day yesterday, almost a little cold near the summit. If you go today or tomorrow bring something warm.

The road wasn't very crowded, we made pretty good time.
Ride through the park, love this contour camera!

And riding thru the Burn above Manton. Very hot fire:

oobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #1010
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

State of Jefferson Rally 2013

A couple of you guys already are subscribed to the thread from last year but I will put it out for the rest.
Starting the planning for the 2013 SoJ Rally. If I did it right here is the link to the thread...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890832
Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #1011
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

Quote:
Was wondering if you went or not. I guess you hadn't been up there before? Yeah, that road takes some by surprise but momentum is the key. Now that you have been there you know what to expect!! Sorry you missed the view, it's killer! I don't usually miss Muletown but the turn off for Peltier Valley Rd. has me doubling back now and then. I have not taken it yet (or seen it for that matter) but about half way to the top is a turn off to East County Line rd. which can either dump you off on Crystal Creek Rd. or on Buckhorn Summit on 299. Next time up I am gonna try to find that one. it is just hard to "look around" climbing that hill.......
That was the first time I had ever been up there and on any of the roads I took to get there.
I was looking at Peltier Valley Rd as part of the trip but I had a late start and decided not to try it but I do want to check it out, the gate was closed on the Brandy Creek side:

this was the "view" from the top...:

missing the turn off to Mule Town Rd let me have the opportunity to see that "Predator" statue, the next time I'm up that way I'm going stop to get a better picture, it looked pretty cool as I rode by.:
(right above the gate)

Kayaks down there:

KyoXR screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 11:58 PM
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #1012
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,410
[QUOTE=KyoXR;21514784]That was the first time I had ever been up there and on any of the back roads I took to get there.
I was looking at Peltier Valley Rd as part of the trip but I had a late start and decided not to try it but I do want to check it out, the gate was closed on the Brandy Creek side.............................................. .
Thanks for posting this,Brian offered to let me follow him The other day but Im not up to it yet,it's a really bitchen ride and the view is great when it's clear,and that stuff gets slick when wet aye,it's a good idea to have a day or season pass when in the park,it's also good for Lassen Park.

could be easily bypassed but don't know about the other end.:
Nothing against the park cops up there but don't go around locked gates up there,trust me on this.
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
8lives smugmug
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #1013
KyoXR
Clouds, Snow, Rain

[QUOTE=8lives;21515569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybutternubs View Post

Nothing against the park cops up there but don't go around locked gates up there,trust me on this.
I wasn't planning on it, that was just for emergency informational purposes only,

Oobus, thanks for posting up those videos , that looks like it was a nice day for a ride up at Lassen,

KyoXR screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 12:01 AM
KyoXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #1014
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

I just called the Whiskeytown visitors center to find out when they are going to open Peltier Valley and Shasta Bally to Crystal Creek and they had no definite answer. Due to cut backs it is taking them longer to clear the trails. Our tax dollars hard at work!
I am putting off my ride up there until those roads are open, I will call again next week.
Prolly gonna head up to Junction City this weekend to scope out the CGs and prerun some of the route I am working on for the SoJ Rally, anybody that wants to go is welcome! (Actually, I hate doing that ***t alone...)
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #1015
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Quote:
I just called the Whiskeytown visitors center to find out when they are going to open Peltier Valley and Shasta Bally to Crystal Creek and they had no definite answer. Due to cut backs it is taking them longer to clear the trails. Our tax dollars hard at work!
I am putting off my ride up there until those roads are open, I will call again next week.
Prolly gonna head up to Junction City this weekend to scope out the CGs and prerun some of the route I am working on for the SoJ Rally, anybody that wants to go is welcome! (Actually, I hate doing that ***t alone...)
I think it's back to work for me this weekend,if the Doctor messes up the paperwork and Im off until Monday I'll chase ya!
8lives smugmug
Old 05-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #1016
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Mark, considering you run a 16 to my 14 and it is going to be mostly slab work it will probably be the other way around!!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #1017
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Quote:
Mark, considering you run a 16 to my 14 and it is going to be mostly slab work it will probably be the other way around!!
Sent ya a text,but just for public record,I would probably slap my 14 tooth back on cause it does better in the 55mph zone and if the going gets steep like it does in Trinity County it's more fun to have the power that the 14 gives me.
8lives smugmug
Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #1018
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

I know a lot of the Chico thread readers are privy to this years State of Jefferson Rally but for those that aren't....
The rally is going to be the weekend after Labor Day, the 6th,7th, and 8th of September and camp will be in Junction City, right on the Trinity river (might have to catch some fresh dinner!).
There will be a plethoraof riding for everyone from nothing but asphalt routes with top notch twisties to A trails for the light bikes, water crossings, hillclimbs, etc.
Those who have a GPS that runs Basecamp software there will be multiple routes to download to your device. Those who don't I will have a few select rollcharts available or just follow someone who has one or the other.
It really depends on the projected turn out but will be taking donations in the 50.00 range starting in Late July or Early August.
That will include the camping for 3 nights, dinner Friday and Saturday nights (And I usually cook breakfast for those interested.) Adult beverages will be included also, what it will be will be of a consensus of the participants. This is not a primitive campground, there is a general store, flush toilets, showers, etc.
Here are some samples (be it a very small one) of some of the routes that I have been investigating.
Last year we had a fairly small but awesome group and suspect this years event will overshadow 2012 in awesomeness!!
Some are already on the "In" list that I will be updating on the "State of Jefferson Rally 2013" home page regularly in the CA regional forum.
Interested? Give a shout out on the thread and stay tuned for more info....

Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #1019
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Wildwood 400

Anyone going to do this ride? The Wildwood 400 in June.
Klrcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #1020
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
I'll be there.