ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #91
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi
I am totally bumbed to hear you guys had such a good time and I wasnt there. Those pics are GREAT! Just where I want to take the Tiger. Get'er good and dirty!

I don't think your tiger would have been very happy on the last couple of miles we rode. Pretty rocky. redog1

Sounds like a heck of a good time to me! When do we roll?
I don't think your tiger would have been very happy on the last couple of miles we rode. Pretty rocky. redog1
Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #92
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:

Yeah maybe but I have to try to see what the old girl can do. And this old guy driving her too!
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #93
obadiah
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Nice!

Bob, I agree with you! I looked at those and was wishing my GS was giving me a workout! Looks like a great ride, glad you all enjoyed yourselves...

Obadiah
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #94
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 310
Less Rocky Rides?

I had just the opposite reaction about the rocks. I have spent plenty of time bashing thru that type of terrain and finding it to be great fun. That was some time ago and on better off-road bikes. Although I am pretty sure I can get my GS thru that kind of stuff if necessary, its not the kind of off-road ride I enjoy anymore. I will try and watch for any proposed rides that might be more my style. Hope to meet some of you at some point.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #95
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

So who's up for riding this weekend? High Lakes, Cohasset, Concow, quincy......
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 AM   #96
redog1
KLR650-2009

Damn, wish I could Bob,

I'm just not up there that often and rarely have the full day that I can take to ride. I'll be glad when I get move up there hopefully by next spring, then I'll be all in.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #97
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

redog1

Hey man lets hook up and ride. What about the dual sport ride in Yosemite at the end of Sept?
http://www.familyoffroadadventures.c...tAdventure.asp
Old 08-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #98
redog1
KLR650-2009

Not to worry,

we're going to connect and ride one day. I'd like to meet you. The familyoffroadadveture rides are a little pricy for me. I'd like to do them but have a hard time justifing the expense when I can go on my own, not to mention I don't care for large groups. Small groups 3-5 people ok or on my own, ok, but large groups get too clickish for me. I'm not that kind of person. I'll be in the area the weekend of the 21st but unfortunately I won't have my bike.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #99
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
My recreation finances are at a minimum right now. Even a $13 tank of gas would be splurging right now. I should be all set in a couple of weeks though. Maybe sooner if one of the jobs I've been waiting to hear from goes through.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #100
Oro D
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi
So who's up for riding this weekend? High Lakes, Cohasset, Concow, quincy......
I'm up for a ride on Saturday. I have been thinking about this ride that turns to dirt not too far out of Oroville and goes past Feather Falls. You then take the road to Mooretown ridge and end up in La Porte. From there we can go to Johnsville and end up at Mowhawk (Near Graeagle). From there we can decide how to get back (Bucks Lake, canyon, Almanor).

We can do that or something else. Doesn't matter much to me as long as I go riding.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #101
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Wish I had stumbled on this thread last week. I went on a solo ride on Friday July 30. Went from my house in Brownsville to North San Jaun to the little town of Washington to Bowman Lake to Jackson Meadow Reservior to Gold lake to Quincy-LaPorte Rd. back to Brownville about 40 miles dirt 190 miles slab. Would of really enjoyed comapny.
I am famillar with the Plums NF, been riding up there for years.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 08-08-2010 at 10:11 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #102
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oro D

I think we have ridden together. You had a 07 TE610 with a big tank. We met for breakfast at Bonnie Lou's. This was a couple years ago.
Well if it's you I would like to say Hi

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro D
I'm up for a ride on Saturday. I have been thinking about this ride that turns to dirt not too far out of Oroville and goes past Feather Falls. You then take the road to Mooretown ridge and end up in La Porte. From there we can go to Johnsville and end up at Mowhawk (Near Graeagle). From there we can decide how to get back (Bucks Lake, canyon, Almanor).

We can do that or something else. Doesn't matter much to me as long as I go riding.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #103
Oro D
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Laugh

Yes, that's me LaPorte. I am up for a ride sometime, but only if you are bringing the 800. LaPorte on a smaller bike is a big mismatch for me and my 950. Ok, the truth is LaPorte on his 800 is a mismatch for me too, but at least you wait for me.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #104
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro D
Yes, that's me LaPorte. I am up for a ride sometime, but only if you are bringing the 800. LaPorte on a smaller bike is a big mismatch for me and my 950. Ok, the truth is LaPorte on his 800 is a mismatch for me too, but at least you wait for me.
ORO D

I have a GPS track for a ride I laid out in my computer room that goes from Brownsville to Placerville and back. Was planning to do this one some time this summer. I have not ridden the whole track only a small section of the main FS road. I was taken to the area by another rider for a dirt bike ride and rode dirt for a day. I asked the other rider where this particular main road went. He said it a main foresty road goes for miles. Found it on my Toto Map and laid out this track. Was planning to spend the night in Placerville and ride back the next day. I don't know what we will find on the ride, but if get's to rough, I turn around and find another way that's easy.
Just so you don't feel uncomfortable. When it comes to the F800GS you might be waiting for me. The F800 is for easy dirt and pavement riding. I am not at all excited about picking up this thing when it decided to lay down.
Maybe we can plan on doing this ride and maybe get one or two others to tag along. Don't want to many riders because of the potential dust. I hate going solo because of the obvious.
Let me know what you think and some of you other guys on the forum in the area, chime in.

Tony

LaPorte screwed with this post 08-06-2010 at 08:50 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #105
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,357
Been watching this forum hoping it would come my way. I am in Nevada City. I may be interested if the timing is right. My schedule has been weird lately. I am new to adv riding, but want to learn better skills and push myself and my 950.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote