ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #1261
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
Obbsesion

Laia Sanz temporada 2013
www.youtube.comVideoclip sobre la temporada 2013 de Laia Sanz 13 veces Campeona del Mundo de Trial Femenino 2 veces Campeona del Mundo Enduro 15 títulos Mundiales

• Options
    Canada Pacific Trials Association via Laia Sanz

it's official... she's amazing. 13 time world trials champion (winning 3 must win events in a row to do so), 2 time world enduro champion (racing at least 2 of these after flying through the night from a Friday x-games race and a Friday world trials championship to race Saturday and win), and endurocross x-games world champion

Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #1262
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
See.. I put a little pressure on him on Hwy 36. he was coming back from the coast on a 3 day outing. {loaded} on a KLR with knobbies.
I was on a BMW with dual sport street tires, and had no gear. lionsroar and redog1 were taking corners faster than anyone I have seen on Knobbies.
And again on Military Pass, a group of us where up there the day before this picture and everyone took alternate routes around the fesh fesh. Redog1 had to go back the next day and do it by himself, Because he wanted too.
Delusional, is a bit scary. I have vision, and an imagination that I let soar sometimes, well a lot. When it comes to Dual sport riding, ReDog1 can do it. With class.

And Oobus if you kept up with Chuck on 32 you must have been pulling on the throttle pretty hard. he rolls that big gs out on roads like that.

Any guesses on what the computer thinks the best bike would be for the 36 race? Or just what YOU think the fastest bike for this trip would be. I need to get it right away as I need to practice.
To help you decide I will give a little of my research. without going into much detail. I will want a bike that can come off a # 2 corner {60mph corner} and obtain a 140 mph speed in under 3 seconds. But it has to be light enough to work the # 1's into a #2 time. I have established that if the road sign says 30 mph it is fairly easy to take at 60. any turn on Hwy 36 that reads 25 is a #1 and 60 is a little fast for my BMW. After I get a couple of race bikes I can start working on temps and tires and start dialing them in.
Well,for an overall average with a minumum of actual flying off the road and into the trees............I would have to go with my 530KTM with borrowed supermoto wheels and tires.

A plated TZ250 might be faster down the chutes,but tricky to keep on the pipe on the really tight stuff.

(Most corners marked at 30 can be done at 90,its all in the entry speed and squaring it off properly with a decent wheelie on the way out)

Ive seen Kevin Schwantz do it,how hard can it be?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #1263
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Well got my plate but got a flat too! Shit! Shit! Don't know when I'll be able to get a new tube.

F! Word!

When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #1264
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Covelo ride

Thinking its time for a ride. Go up to Covelo out of Paskanta then back to Corning via Alder springs road to Newville rd to Corning.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #1265
Foot dragger
singletracker

The ADV outing in Rio Nido is coming up,its the 28th and 29th although some show up the 27th for the pre Rally party.

It must be about the 7th annual sep get together. Lots of good roads paved and unpaved between here and there,Rio Nido is in the Redwoods,we camp by the pool on their lawn,behind the bar/resteraunt.

They feed us like Kings,theres a fire every night to hang at,its a low stress way to camp and socialize and do day rides out to the coast and around and about.

The Redwood rondavoo thread tells all about it.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #1266
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Camping behind a bar sounds like fun
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #1267
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
The ADV outing in Rio Nido is coming up,its the 28th and 29th although some show up the 27th for the pre Rally party.

It must be about the 7th annual sep get together. Lots of good roads paved and unpaved between here and there,Rio Nido is in the Redwoods,we camp by the pool on their lawn,behind the bar/resteraunt.

They feed us like Kings,theres a fire every night to hang at,its a low stress way to camp and socialize and do day rides out to the coast and around and about.

I haven't been to the Redwood event but did go to one Mayday Meelay. I suspect it will be much the same and the same group. I hope so because I felt more comfortable with the group and the Mayday event then anything I have been to in a long time. I hope to make it to this one but have to remain uncommitted a little longer.

The time I went before I was able to catch the AMA Road Races at Sonoma Raceway which I used to attend every year.. Really sorry they no longer have that event there. The flat track races are part of the drawing point for me if I decide I can go. Any idea what time they end on Sunday?

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #1268
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
I haven't been to the Redwood event but did go to one Mayday Meelay. I suspect it will be much the same and the same group. I hope so because I felt more comfortable with the group and the Mayday event then anything I have been to in a long time. I hope to make it to this one but have to remain uncommitted a little longer.

The time I went before I was able to catch the AMA Road Races at Sonoma Raceway which I used to attend every year.. Really sorry they no longer have that event there. The flat track races are part of the drawing point for me if I decide I can go. Any idea what time they end on Sunday?

Chuck
I went to the Mile last year,everything went smooth and they got done by 4:30 in the afternoon or a little before. Sometimes things dont go as quickly at races but hopefully they get it done early again.

It IS a good crowd at the Rio Nido events,friendly with great food and beer.
Im trying to get things sorted out and leave thu morning and make more of a ride out of it,camp up north aways for a night.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #1269
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:

I'm off next weekend!Might have to go!!!
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #1270
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
I'm off next weekend!Might have to go!!!
Its a fun one! Laid back but entertaining none the less.

The guys who own the establishment dont mind people checking in/signing up the day of the event,they might not have any T-shirts but make allowances on price for that. The back roads out of Rio Nido are like Super-moto roads through the Redwoods,Cazadero,Stewarts Point,Tin Barn,Seaview and then Hiway 1 itself are all fun rides.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #1271
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Its a fun one! Laid back but entertaining none the less.

The guys who own the establishment dont mind people checking in/signing up the day of the event,they might not have any T-shirts but make allowances on price for that. The back roads out of Rio Nido are like Super-moto roads through the Redwoods,Cazadero,Stewarts Point,Tin Barn,Seaview and then Hiway 1 itself are all fun rides.
Thanks,I'll see how things go,I dont need a shirt just good memories are enough for me!!!
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #1272
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

36 May-Lay

O.K. Foot Dragger your Fired!
I guess I should have known by your name.
"FootDragger-- one who drags his feet.

So I have taken over. With a little help from my friend.

We have came up with a name. It will be called, The "36 May-Lay".

It will be held the 2nd weekend in May. It will be held on Hwy 36.
And my "friend" Laia is on board. She is excited about my proposal on this event. This is where the name came from. It will also bring huge sponsors that will help us, {more like take over} which will be great. It will make this event a little less ruckus and more a legitimate race.

More to come as the sponsors work on details for me.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #1273
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Hwy 36 practice tire

practice tire. seems I have settle on an Avon Gripster.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1274
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
O.K. Foot Dragger your Fired!
I guess I should have known by your name.
"FootDragger-- one who drags his feet.

So I have taken over. With a little help from my friend.

We have came up with a name. It will be called, The "36 May-Lay".

It will be held the 2nd weekend in May. It will be held on Hwy 36.
And my "friend" Laia is on board. She is excited about my proposal on this event. This is where the name came from. It will also bring huge sponsors that will help us, {more like take over} which will be great. It will make this event a little less ruckus and more a legitimate race.

More to come as the sponsors work on details for me.
I had meant to really make a move on the race orginization,things happened,at one point I tipped over and snagged a toenail pretty bad,the race fell to the back of my head.

(Is Laia the gal who can change two dirtbike tires lickety split while wearing nice fitting riding pants?) I would need her phone # at the minimum to get things rolling on the North Valley end of things.

Im pretty sure Guy Martin would pay his own airfare to come and do this,as would John Mcguiness,those guys are always up for a nice 190mph run down a public road.

Lord knows Red Bluff could use a shot in the arm financially and this could be it!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #1275
Foot dragger
singletracker

4 of us made a trip to the West Side yesterday,unloaded up road 313 by Elk creek at the 3500' mark.

Of course it was the side of the valley where it didnt rain at all,nonetheless we carried on nicely. the other 3 rode nice heavy 4 strokes,at the last minute I decided to take my 200 KTM. Even on the big climbs the 2 stroke ran off and hid,then the tight manzanita lined singletrack came along and the 200 left the hogs for dead. The super steep slippery rocky downhills were much,much easier on the flyweight 200.

We had a blast! Why guys think 4 strokes are the be all and end all I have no idea. Diesels!