ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #1291
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Great ride over the hill on Humboldt Rd to 89 then on to Chester, up Warner Valley Rd, explored the Rice Creek area, camped in Lassen Friday night and headed for home Saturday. Great day and great weather for a ride. Next week maybe Hennes Pass to Reno...maybe.
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #1292
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Hennes Rd

I just looked at that road on my map last week looks like a good road, it's an old wagon road from way back I have seen pictures and lots of mines and history there. But I think Iam running out of time snow is on the way. That would be an overnight trip.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #1293
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah, it depends on how early the snow falls. I went in November 2 years ago and the conditions were perfect. I rode up, had lunch at Cabelas and rode home in the same day. It's a long day but...enjoyable none the less.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #1294
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

So you been across all the way to Nv. How was it? Did you see any campgrounds? I hope to do this ride in a few weeks.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #1295
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrcharlie View Post
So you been across all the way to Nv. How was it? Did you see any campgrounds? I hope to do this ride in a few weeks.
I've been from Camptonville to Verdi all off road, with the exception of a couple small slab connections. You pop out behind Cabelas (basically). As for "campgounds" I don't recall any official camp grounds but there are plenty of places to camp.

The Heathen screwed with this post 09-29-2013 at 09:52 AM
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #1296
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Ok thanks for the info. Perfect landing into Cabelas love that place can pick up some ammo. And look at camping stuff.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1297
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
I think it's Stampede Res.

Up close to Verdi that has campgrounds and only about 3 miles off of Heness Pass rd. Rode that route from Verdi to Camptonville last year. Fun route.

Yep, Stampede. Just checked.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #1298
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Henness Pass takes you right past Jackson Meadows Res. also. Pretty sure you can camp there.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #1299
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrcharlie View Post
I rode Henness the last two weekends and camped out, once from Camptonville east, then west and over Yuba Pass. Last weekend it was thick with hunters, camping (and "hunting") all over, so I continued on and camped near Sierra City before riding up Sierra Buttes on Sunday. Didn't feel good about dispersed camping off Henness with so many rifles pointed every which way. Seems like they were all walking or driving along the road or "hunting" from their quads on the road. That's not how I was taught to do it.
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #1300
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Thanks sounds fun.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #1301
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Hey rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
I rode Henness the last two weekends and camped out, once from Camptonville east, then west and over Yuba Pass. Last weekend it was thick with hunters, camping (and "hunting") all over, so I continued on and camped near Sierra City before riding up Sierra Buttes on Sunday. Didn't feel good about dispersed camping off Henness with so many rifles pointed every which way. Seems like they were all walking or driving along the road or "hunting" from their quads on the road. That's not how I was taught to do it.
Hey rider, am I going to see you on the 12th. I will probably go up on the 11th.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #1302
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
Hey rider, am I going to see you on the 12th. I will probably go up on the 11th.
Hey! Better half's birthday on the 11th, so yeah, see you on the 12th.

Riding TB up Rubicon and back on Saturday the 5th from Tahoe side if anyone wants to join.
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #1303
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,811
It looks like Im doing a 2 day singletrack ride 12/13 of this month,starts at Ragdump and goes to Prattville/
Almanor where we stay in the organizer's cabin/house.
A sagwagon will meet us for lunch/gas halfway but it will be mostly singletrack with probably some logs to move or jump over and who knows what else. Somebody will have a chainsaw I bet.

Rio Nido was fun as usual,the Mile in Santa Rosa was great till it rained,the ride home in fog/rain/traffic was interesting for a while.
I came in off 5 on Bayliss road and then to Ord Bend,counted no less then 3 carefully hidden CHP's out in the orchards shooting radar no doubt.
Watch it out there!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1304
Klrcharlie
Adventurer

Henness Pass Rd.

Iam planning a ride Oct 18th Henness Pass Rd. This will be Friday and Sat. Will roll out Friday around 1:00pm. From Corning plan is to ride until I find a camp spot. Sat. I will ride the rest of the way to Verdi Nv gas up maybe lunch then will head back. Still looking for a different route back, but may just go back the same way not to sure on that yet. Hope the weather will hold. This is going to be my last big trip probably for the season. So if anyone wants to go let me know. Or if you have any ideas for a route back let me know.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #1305
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer

Charlie, I went last Friday. Left around 7:30 and got to Cabela's at 1:30, ate lunch, walked around the store then headed home. Pulled into the garage at 7:00. I came back on 89 to 70. Then when I hit Quincy I took Bucks Lake Rd and followed it all the way into Oroville, took Oro Dam Blvd out to Richvale Hwy, through Durham and home to Chico. It was great weather but a little on the cold side once you get up in the hills. I bought a balaclava at Cabela's for the ride home. It was a nice ride, but a long day indeed...340 miles.

The Heathen screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 07:48 AM