ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #121
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Was that Yankee Jim Rd? fun bouncy suspension bridge.

Yes it was!

LaPorte
Old 08-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #122
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Ride

Sunday is no good for me. Kid duty. I am going to leave sat at 8:00am from chico. I think I am going to go to Chester via paradise, Philbrook lake, Humbug summit. Returning after food, gas, etc through lassen trail, Ishi forest, Ponderosa way to Cohasset/chico. Let me know if you want to come and we can pick a meeting spot.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #123
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
I have been informed that I'll be doing a home project for the chief home project manager this sunday. Pouring more concrete......anyone want to help? I didnt think so.......Have fun out there.......
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #124
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Tosi
I have been informed that I'll be doing a home project for the chief home project manager this sunday.
you are not alone! shower valve just went from very slow drip to steady stream leak. playing plumber in the morning. JB
jbcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #125
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

concrete poured and finishing it up. I'm glad I dont do this for a profession.
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 08-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #126
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Great ride

You guys missed a great Day of riding. 180 mi when all said and done. Went to Philbrook lake via sterling city. We use to own a cabin there when I was growing up. Haven't seen it for 20 years so it was cool. Then on to lake Almanor for a mid day swim and some lunch. Then it was back to chico through the lassen trail/Ishi wilderness area. Beautiful but VERY rocky into and out of the canyon. Sorry everyone was busy with chores. Today was my day to work at home.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #127
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Did yo really have to post that? After concrete, we had to do the next weeks shopping.......blah, blah, blah.......

About all I got to do with my bike is adjust the chain in between finishing the concrete........
Old 08-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #128
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

I was cursed also. $45 in parts just to find I will have to replace the shower valve by cutting a hole in the wall behind it. no joy here. I did look at my bike when getting tools out of the garage! JB
Old 08-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #129
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
I was on deck repair duty...

so no bike this past weekend. I would love to do the ride cycleman4 did someday. I always want to ride when I'm up that way. I remember camping when I was little (4-5 years old) up around Philbrook. That was the mid 60's, there was nothing there at that time. No camprounds, no boat launch, no cabins, nothing. All primitive camping.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #130
Hookalatch
Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer: 347
Paskenta to Covelo

I keep watching this thread hoping the timing and destinations will match up with my availability. Like so many others I had other responsibilities lately that keep me busy. FYI- the road between Paskenta and Covelo has 32 miles of easy to ride Forest Service roads. From Covelo to Laytonville you can go paved or take a shorter dirt road. Any bike should be able to make that ride as long as the road is open. There are always signs up saying road closed but I have always got through without incident. Haven't been that way in a couple of years and there are now larger signs saying road closed. When I have gone this way in the past there were never any signs or blockades along the road, just at the beginning.

Chuck
Hookalatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #131
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Road Trip

Made it home from my weekend visit down to Ventura. Total of 1,020, most of them on the I5. It took me about 9 1/2 hours on the way down, and about 8 hours on the way back. I was averaging 75-80mph today, and stopped about every 100 miles. No problems with the DR except for a tail light bulb going out.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #132
jbcaddy
Beastly Adventurer

ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLeader
Made it home from my weekend visit down to Ventura. Total of 1,020, most of them on the I5. It took me about 9 1/2 hours on the way down, and about 8 hours on the way back. I was averaging 75-80mph today, and stopped about every 100 miles. No problems with the DR except for a tail light bulb going out.
man, it makes my rear hurt just to think of doing that many hours on the hwy with your DR. always good to visit the family. JB
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #133
Bob Tosi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ahhhhhh......riding the slab.......
Old 09-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #134
Mo-Tarded
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Howdy y'all NorCal brothers... The (WRR mounted) gal and I (KTM LC4-E) were up that way and wanted to venture out from Eagle Lake (my friend's house). Our last ride (early September about the time it rained) was all slab down the 36 to the woods and then south.

I'd really like to find the nooks and crannies in and about the Lassen area and out into the NE desert area as well.

If anyone with any GPS maps in the area could provide that'd be great.

Also... We'll probably do this again next year if there is a couple that'd like to join us. She's a beginner, but she gets through most stuff until it gets REAL rocky. We don't get too far off the beaten path due to the risks of not having back-up.

Any recommendations would be great !

Thanks !
"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these are secondary to the need to feel alive." - AntiHero ADV Rider
Mo-Tarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #135
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Brownsville to Placerville ride

I am doing the Brownsville to Placerville ride Oct 23rd and 24th. (big bike friendly) Ride to Placerville on Saturday (175 miles) and ride back to Brownsville on Sunday (125 miles).The Mosquito Rd. Bridge that crosses the south forkis of the American river just north of Placerville is under repair and won't be open until Oct 22nd. I wanted to wait until the bridge is open. Neat bridge and the approach to the bridge is cool. Should be good for Fall Colors by then.

If anyone is interested in the ride, PM me for more information.

Laporte

LaPorte screwed with this post 09-27-2010 at 03:35 PM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote