Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #3106
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Dammit.....I'm guessing you took NO pics due to the rain. Reminds me a bit of Tony Ps crossing of the Vitim with Walter and co......

Aftermath......

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
That was an adventure
Old 04-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #3107
tofire409
Geared up and ready.

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
It is an old train track you are following and there are a few bridges along the way also. That is the worst of them though, but is is prob 12' wide and could drive a car across it no prob. So it was designed to take the weight of a freight train so I am sure it will handle even a BMW 1200 GS , might be close though. Sled use it in the winter and that's why you can see the groves in it from the skies.
I'll be on the 12's little brother

Found some better pics of the bridge!

http://www.panoramio.com/user/7682651

I hope that I haven't killed anyone's sense of adventure. I just had an image of a full wood trestle structure...not that!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.61582...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

I'm really looking forward to the summer to do this part of the route!
tofire409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #3108
GiorgioXT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofire409 View Post
I hope that I haven't killed anyone's sense of adventure. I just had an image of a full wood trestle structure...not that!
Its a big fortune , if it was a wooden trestle, at this time it would be rotten or closed/demolished because too costly to maintain !
DRZ400 S '03 XT600 '90 XT550 '82 XT500 '81 - giorgioxt@email.it - www.polverosi.org - EchM#645
"se sei incerto tieni APERTO !
GiorgioXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #3109
haileypooch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
early season loop of central BC sections?

Got cabin fever and want to get out and ride in the rain. Thinking of hitting TCAT section starting Lillooet ending in Penticton - thinkin that most of this should be lower elevations and passable. Any comments on possible problem areas? Thinking of heading out within the next week ish. Probably go solo unless anyone is interested, havent asked my wife yet if I can either...
Old 05-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #3110
motomart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
TCAT article

Re living our 3 days on the TCAT in a short article. You can read it here http://northernontario.travel/motorc...ys-on-the-tcat
motomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #3111
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,539
Great article, thanks for sharing

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:16 AM   #3112
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 714
I wonder if there is any chance that you could add some small details to TCAT website such as exhaust requirement?

Which part of the trail require a motorcycle with spark arrestor in the exhaust system? Some section in USA require that but some doesn't and if you are caught by US Forest Range, there is a citation and fine for that. What of in Canada? Just thought it might be something worth keeping riders informed especially if we are not from Canada and doesn't want to get our pocket lighter.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #3113
maat
meh.

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Found this on youtube...TCAT season is almost here

Hey, that's me!

The trail to and from is just railroad ballast; be prepared to let the bike dance around under you but I was doing 50-60mph no problem.

Here is another angle:
maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #3114
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
I wonder if there is any chance that you could add some small details to TCAT website such as exhaust requirement?

Which part of the trail require a motorcycle with spark arrestor in the exhaust system? Some section in USA require that but some doesn't and if you are caught by US Forest Range, there is a citation and fine for that. What of in Canada? Just thought it might be something worth keeping riders informed especially if we are not from Canada and doesn't want to get our pocket lighter.
Why not just run a spark arrestor? Or heaven forbid a stock exhaust and then just ride, worry free?
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #3115
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

No clue, I know Quebec is super fussy about noise levels. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

As mentioned, just use a spark arrestor or stock setup and it's not an issue. But I like many don't use stock exhausts often so it's worth looking into. I will say I have never heard of it being a law for street legal bikes (some offroad designated areas have bylaws).

There are several parts of the tcat that utilize trails built and or maintained by local clubs and organizations. I'm sure they appreciate "quiet" exhausts and spark arrestors as would the farmer who owns the adjacent fields your riding by

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post

Old 05-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #3116
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Doesn't look as spooky without the perspective of height in the first video.

Nice vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat View Post
Hey, that's me!

The trail to and from is just railroad ballast; be prepared to let the bike dance around under you but I was doing 50-60mph no problem.

Here is another angle:

Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 AM   #3117
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,001
WE have one abandoned trestle here that would scare the crap out of you.

I think it's about 1300 feet long, and 200 feet high!

I get a picture next time I'm out at Pass Lake.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #3118
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Tires in Eastern BC

I'm planning to ride the BC portion of the TCAT arriving at the Chief Mountain border crossing around Sept. 2nd. Riding my Vstrom 650.

Since they are expensive to get shipped to the states, I'd like to purchase and mount a Mitas E-07 as soon as possible when I arrive in Canada.

Any ideas about a moto shop somewhere near Pincher Creek that would have what I want or might receive a shipment of this tire from MX-1Canada and mount it for me for a reasonable fee?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #3119
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChap View Post
I'm planning to ride the BC portion of the TCAT arriving at the Chief Mountain border crossing around Sept. 2nd. Riding my Vstrom 650.

Since they are expensive to get shipped to the states, I'd like to purchase and mount a Mitas E-07 as soon as possible when I arrive in Canada.

Any ideas about a moto shop somewhere near Pincher Creek that would have what I want or might receive a shipment of this tire from MX-1Canada and mount it for me for a reasonable fee?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
pincher creek has a yamaha dealer 403 627 2127 you might try. Lethbridge is not too far and is a full size city. Lethbridge Honda Suzuki 403 327 2777. Newway Motorsports Yamaha Kawasaki 403 394 9939 There are other shops in Lethbridge as well. Search Motorcycle shops there for alternatives. I doubt any of them will have Mitas tires in stock. I don't have experience with these shops so cant advise you on pricing and such.
Best Regards....justjeff
Old 05-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #3120
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Thanks Just Jeff. Just what I was looking for! I appreciate the help.
Tim
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote