User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #1036
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 4,047
Better give this a bump...

It must be spring now as the bears have come out of their dens, we saw our first one yesterday...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #1037
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 4,047
This thread is too quiet, here's some video:

http://youtu.be/TFTg88oIBbg

http://youtu.be/rcQsf3RPpYw
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #1038
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Ahhhh...beautiful. Thanks for keeping me entertained for a while. Still too snowy and cold to get out. soon though
Old 04-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #1039
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 9,028
Winter is over!!!

Got a new Go Pro and learning the ins and outs, should make for some fun posts. Leaving in three weeks with Pelvis and riding a proposed route for the TNE across New Brunswick and the Gaspe for a week, then a week of the TCAT across Quebec. Meeting Fab along the way and going to get to check out his contribution to the TCAT When we get back we're having a little soirre called the Roaming Rally. A 2 day rally to pre ride a section of the TCAT. Looks like a good crowd of about 60 showing up, should be good fun.

Glad to be back on the bike, that was a bloddy long winter. Snow is now gone from these parts and the season to push the TCAT further is here

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel

Deadly99 screwed with this post 04-18-2011 at 06:41 AM
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #1040
ChrisP
Knobbed

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Winter is over!!!

Got a new Go Pro and learning the ins and outs, should make for some fun posts.
Santa finally came through eh? Fantastic, can't wait to see some 'here, watch this' clips.

But if you're going to wear mittens like a 5 year old you should at least have the little strings attached so you don't lose them..

I went out to play on the 530 last weekend @ Bozeville Rd (WTF? a million new No Tr*spassing signs since last year). And the GS has been to work a few times now.

It's above freezing, time for 2 wheels!
Morocco 2010
Deadly99's Trans-Canada off-road route extravaganza
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #1041
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Gunnerbuck said:
Quote:
It must be spring now as the bears have come out of their dens, we saw our first one yesterday...
Watch out, they might be Hungry!!

(nice videos! - need to ride!)

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV

Tall Mike screwed with this post 04-17-2011 at 05:27 PM
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #1042
Fab418
Pig ridin'

Oddometer: 174
Getting the bike ready here but it's still cold and nothing is ridable off-road yet(still a lot of snow on the ground). It should be by the time you are around but it'll be muddy a bit. Fresh treads are gonna be a must.

Nice that you have a gopro should make for some interesting footage. Theses things are way cool.

I'm in the process of finishing the maps so I can send them before you're actually around. Can't wait to ride
My HPF: 21 inch-mx forks R11GS conversion
Fab418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #1043
peterthefarmer
Venison sausage4sale

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Winter is over!!!

Got a new Go Pro and learning the ins and outs, should make for some fun posts. Leaving in three weeks with Pelvis and riding a proposed route for the TNE across New Brunswick and the Gaspe for a week, then a week of the TCAT across Quebec. Meeting Fab along the way and going to get to check out his contribution to the TCAT When we get back we're having a little soirre called the Raoming Rally. A 2day rally to pre ride a section of the TCAT. Looks like a good crowd of about 60 showing up, should be good fun.

Glad to be back on the bike, that was a bloddy long winter. Snow is now gone from these parts and the season to push the TCAT further is here

I see you guy's don't pay your taxes ether, You have as many potholes as we do.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #1044
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Whoa

nice video.....looking forward to offroad footage
Old 04-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #1045
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterthefarmer View Post
I see you guy's don't pay your taxes ether, You have as many potholes as we do.

Id be quite happy with the potholes if i didn't have to pay taxes.
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #1046
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
But if you're going to wear mittens like a 5 year old you should at least have the little strings attached so you don't lose them..
Ya well...sick of freezing cold hands and they work

Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #1047
snobear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
The never ending winter

It is great reading about and seeing photo's on this site and I am sure glad to see some new posts again. We have been patiently waiting in Saskatchewan for spring to arrive and squeezing in a few rides here and there between storms.
Unfortunately the attached photo is from today in my backyard, not looking much like riding weather (April 18th).
Attached Images

snobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #1048
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Planning has begun in earnest now for our May ride. Leaving in mid May for a couple of weeks, slabbing to the Main/New Brunswick border where the TNE will start. The TNE for this section was created by JP and friends and looks to be some fun gravel roads crossing the province in a northerly direction. Looking forward to meeting JP on this trip and hopefully spend some time riding together . I haven't spent much time in this province and I'm quite looking forward to checking it out. East coast hospitality is world renowned and true to form we have a backyard lined up for a nights stay near the beginning of the route, thanks R-Charger, look forward to tipping a brown bottle and weather permitting warming up by a fire

Based on some rides I had previously done on the Gaspe Bay penninsula I have put together a loop around the Gaspe staying true to gravel as much as possible while still including a tourist stop at Perce Rock as well as a chunk of the paved coastal road. The Gaspe Bay is home to the Chic Choc mountains, some of the only mountains to break tree line in this part of Canada. The area is full of fun logging roads and promises a nice addition to the TNE route. Most folks just ride the pavement around the outside of the penninsula and don't get to appreciate the fun that is waiting in the interior

Perce Rock

After the Gaspe we'll take a ferry across the St Lawrence River and meet up with Fab in Baie-Comeau. The next couple of days will be riding Fab's section of the TCAT/TNE. This section serves both the TCAT and the TNE. From the photo's and correspondence I've had with Fab this section looks great. Some real remote country in this part of eastern Quebec with some great looking scenery. Fab was put together a few optional technical section in his part of the route that look.....fun

This picture shows Fab's section of the TCAT/TNE. The purple line being the main route, the other colors representing a couple of "fun" sections. This section leaves off in the town of Poisson Blanc. The TNE heads north from here and heads up through the town of Chibougamau, then takes the Rue Du Nord, James Bay Highway and the Trans Taiga Highway where it terminates.

This shows the southern half of the proposed route for the TNE.

The TCAT heads east from Poisson Blanc and passes through the town of Parent before making its way to the town of Mt Laurier (nice 400 km sandy gravel stretch). This promises to be a very fun section of the TCAT and is quite popular with folks from these parts as the roads are very twisty, hilly and sandy. I also have a couple of fun optional tecnical sections in mind for this section Here is a picture showing the proposed main route through this area.

Juames takes over the TCAT from mt Laurier and will bring the route into the city of Ottawa. Luckily for him there is a park in his way that is full of twisty little gravel roads (Papinaeau Labelle Park).

Other than NFLD this will make the Eastern part of the TCAT almost complete and will totally complete the TNE. Our new web site should be up and running this fall and will have the TNE route available. The TCAT should be available the following fall (2012).

Things are really starting to come together

Deadly99 screwed with this post 04-19-2011 at 10:54 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #1049
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,998
Quote:
Winter is over!!!