Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 AM   #1051
RockyNH
Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer: 1,078
Deadly, looks like a great ride plan... will be following along. Anyone by chance carrying a SPOT tracker?

Pat in NH

Trip Report 2009 Trans Lab Highway

Trip Report 2010 James Bay & North Road Quebec
RockyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #1052
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
Nice wheels!
Thanks, I've spent a fair amount of time and money this spring getting the bike back to reliable so that I don't have another fiasco like last year on the trans lab where I ended up working on the bike every day, in the rain and mud on the side of some remote road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyNH View Post
Deadly, looks like a great ride plan... will be following along. Anyone by chance carrying a SPOT tracker?

Pat in NH
No spot Pat, not in the budget sadly. We used one a few years back and they are very cool, family and friends sure enjoyed it and it did give a little piece of mind knowing we had it.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #1053
zaner32
In over my head

Oddometer: 646
Looking forward to it! Still lots of snow in the woods, but don't worry, slabbing it is easy too. Let me know when the dates are set!

JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Planning has begun in earnest now for our May ride. Leaving in mid May for a couple of weeks, slabbing to the Main/New Brunswick border where the TNE will start. The TNE for this section was created by JP and friends and looks to be some fun gravel roads crossing the province in a northerly direction. Looking forward to meeting JP on this trip and hopefully spend some time riding together . I haven't spent much time in this province and I'm quite looking forward to checking it out. East coast hospitality is world renowned and true to form we have a backyard lined up for a nights stay near the beginning of the route, thanks R-Charger, look forward to tipping a brown bottle and weather permitting warming up by a fire
zaner32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #1054
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner32 View Post
Looking forward to it! Still lots of snow in the woods, but don't worry, slabbing it is easy too. Let me know when the dates are set!

JP
Fab indicates they just recieved a foot of snow in his neck of the woods.....starting to sound like a good old Canadian winter camping trip, I have faith though as there are three weeks for spring to kick in and melt that ugly white stuff away

Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #1055
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
...starting to sound like a good old Canadian winter camping trip, I have faith though as there are three weeks for spring to kick in and melt that ugly white stuff away
Tell me about it... I was on my way into town for a motorcycle instructor certification course and had to get the school owner to come pick me up. This was the scene Saturday morning looking out of my driveway:

I want all this white crap GONE already!

GISdood screwed with this post 04-22-2011 at 10:39 AM
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #1056
toddiscdn
Take off, EH!

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Winter is over!!!

When we get back we're having a little soirre called the Roaming Rally. A 2 day rally to pre ride a section of the TCAT. Looks like a good crowd of about 60 showing up, should be good fun.
Never heard anything about this Roaming Rally??, its in Ont., no?, when, etc etc.

Thanks, Todd
toddiscdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #1057
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 942
Laugh The greatest thing in.......the whole world!

Wow this a great thread but starting to read like a book. My brain hurts from reading it all (pg 38). Great thing when you have time on your hands and there is snow on the ground. But for the love of god stop posting till i catch up lol. Another rider waiting for the snow to go away. Wish i would have found this thread sooner i live in Parry Sound and would have loved to ride with you guys last year. I am now in Huntsville and if you need a guinea pig for some trails to test here more them welcome to give it a shot, if no one else has done it yet . As for the Norther Ontario part would like to see if I could come one weekend etc..., If thats cool.
Well this is a great Canadian trail and should be considered as a historical voyager route, or at least in my mind .
Cant wait to catch up almost half way there

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #1058
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,264
This morning
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #1059
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
This morning
You win... you poor bugger, you!
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 AM   #1060
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddiscdn View Post
Never heard anything about this Roaming Rally??, its in Ont., no?, when, etc etc.

Thanks, Todd

Link

In August I'll be heading north from North Bay for a couple of weeks to ride the proposed route to the Manitoba border......if your interested shoot me an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
Wow this a great thread but starting to read like a book. My brain hurts from reading it all (pg 38). Great thing when you have time on your hands and there is snow on the ground. But for the love of god stop posting till i catch up lol. Another rider waiting for the snow to go away. Wish i would have found this thread sooner i live in Parry Sound and would have loved to ride with you guys last year. I am now in Huntsville and if you need a guinea pig for some trails to test here more them welcome to give it a shot, if no one else has done it yet . As for the Norther Ontario part would like to see if I could come one weekend etc..., If thats cool.
Well this is a great Canadian trail and should be considered as a historical voyager route, or at least in my mind .
Cant wait to catch up almost half way there

Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #1061
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

About to head out to meet some fellows to ride a section of the TCAT for the day, it's below freezing temps and our spring melt has made things wetter than I've seen in a long time.......this should be.......interesting

Motoscuba pics to come

Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1062
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

As promised things were as wet as they come today. Spring melt is happening and we figured its a good time to go and see a section of the TCAT at its wettest, well it was freaking wet I hestitate to put these up as no one will be riding this route in these conditions (unless they are cruising Canada on a bike during what is still winter for many parts of the country. This report I suppose is just for your amusement

On the ride to meet the lads for breakfast. Just below freezing (snowed yesterday) and water everwhere you look.

Juames picking an odd parking spot

We decided part way through the day to try one of the technical sections....wet and muddy and hell of alot of fun

I have a bunch of photos and some promising video from the day.

Water was deeper then the top of my exhaust, mud was plentiful, people got lost and muscles got worked that havent been used in while.....great first day of the TCAT for 2011

Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #1063
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

One more quick one before I head to fridge for a well deserved brown bottle

Old 04-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #1064
ChrisP
Knobbed

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
As promised things were as wet as they come today. Spring melt is happening and we figured its a good time to go and see a section of the TCAT at its wettest, well it was freaking wet I hestitate to put these up as no one will be riding this route in these conditions (unless they are cruising Canada on a bike during what is still winter for many parts of the country. This report I suppose is just for your amusement
Water was deeper then the top of my exhaust, mud was plentiful, people got lost and muscles got worked that havent been used in while.....great first day of the TCAT for 2011
Is that Burnt Lands in the first post? And then taking the Hydro Line cut off California/Darling roads for the last one?

I did a quick loop to California Rd. yesterday afternoon on the GS and saw some fresh tracks.. you guys?

Can't wait to see the vids!
Morocco 2010
Deadly99's Trans-Canada off-road route extravaganza
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #1065
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Gidday Chris, you'd have fun with us yesterday on your 450

Yes for some reason we decided it was worth seeing how wet Burntlands is...the answer was very.

Entering this optional tech section you travel down hill for a mile or two....an ominous sign when there is 3-5 inches of water running down the trail. In the back of your mind you keep screamin "what the feck is it goning to be like when we hit the bottom"

Deadly99 screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 04:32 AM