ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #1711
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Saturday street ride anybody?? Taking the Duc...may head for Tracy Road.

How were the conditions down there?

Going through the Lincoln Pond/Tracy/Ensign Pond loop on my way south on Memorial Day.
__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #1712
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus
 
Chuckracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lowville, NY
Oddometer: 7,319
I didn't go after all. Wound helping Dad...which is kinda cooler in the long run.
__________________
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
2001 Scorpa SY250

Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #1713
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
If anyone is bored on Memorial Day, I'm riding from Malone to Lake George on a mixed surface route. Been trying to get a mostly dirt route from the border through the ADKs for years now.

Leaving Maplefields in Malone at 0630ish, depending on when I get out of work. End point is Route 9N on Lake George near the parking area with the NYS historical marker for Lake George.
__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1714
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,058
I am going up to open the trailer and do some futzing around the camp. Driving up and not taking my van so no bike. But I would love to know your route that has more dirt and mixed-surface roads.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #1715
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I am going up to open the trailer and do some futzing around the camp. Driving up and not taking my van so no bike. But I would love to know your route that has more dirt and mixed-surface roads.
I am trying to make arrangements to borrow a GPS that will track the route. I'm too inept with the various free mapping programs out there to get the route that way.
__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #1716
operose
Mama tried
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: "upper upstate" NY
Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIF View Post
If anyone is bored on Memorial Day, I'm riding from Malone to Lake George on a mixed surface route. Been trying to get a mostly dirt route from the border through the ADKs for years now.

Leaving Maplefields in Malone at 0630ish, depending on when I get out of work. End point is Route 9N on Lake George near the parking area with the NYS historical marker for Lake George.


I won't be able to be in Malone that early but will be out on the DRZ in the 'daks. Maybe we will bump into each other :)

operose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #1717
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by operose View Post
I won't be able to be in Malone that early but will be out on the DRZ in the 'daks. Maybe we will bump into each other :)
Planning on a pit-stop at Stewarts in E-town & maybe early lunch at the Cobble Hill Inn @ E-town... Just sayin'

Route may have to be toned down a bit, reports of decent snowfall and some flooding, I'm riding a KLR, not a Fat Cat.


__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #1718
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,058
Hey EIF. I see you have an FZR400 listed in progress. Do you need any engine parts? I have a leftover bottom end from a project I did years ago. I would let it for dirt cheap, pretty much for the price of bringing it up to Chestertown from NYC in my van if you could use it.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #1719
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Hey EIF. I see you have an FZR400 listed in progress. Do you need any engine parts? I have a leftover bottom end from a project I did years ago. I would let it for dirt cheap, pretty much for the price of bringing it up to Chestertown from NYC in my van if you could use it.
Appreciate the offer. What it really needs is some plastics and carbs.
__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #1720
operose
Mama tried
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: "upper upstate" NY
Oddometer: 441
Saw a lot of bikes out yesterday, mostly goldwings cruisers and beemers. One drz aside from mine and one newish klr but I don't think it was you :)

Stuck to the pavement for the day, we rode dirt(water actually) most of the day Sunday.

56 to 3 to Tupper, then Long Lake and cut over to North Hudson by Tahawus because that is a fanfuckintastic road. Bike tried to catch on fire between Schroon Lake and Ticonderoga due to a butchered wiring harness courtesy of previous owner. Spent a couple hours tearing down to the frame and rewiring in somebody's driveway which killed my plan to jump over to VT at Crown Point. Went back up through Etown to Placid and grabbed a beer and sammich at the tail o the pup. Not a bad day overall but the late start and bike problems kept me from breaking 275milesfor the day.
operose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #1721
EIF
Adventurer
 
EIF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Champlain Valley
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by operose View Post
Saw a lot of bikes out yesterday, mostly goldwings cruisers and beemers. One drz aside from mine and one newish klr but I don't think it was you :)
Sounds like you had a full day.

My KLR is probably the only one out there with M1 ammo cans bolted to the side covers. I also have a beat yellow riding coat.

Memorial Day I did 340 miles, starting in Chateaugay, to Malone, then south through Loon Lake. From there through Onciota, Wilmington, Jay, and Keene Valley. Ended running on Rt. 9N to Lake George, then Rt. 8 to I-87.

Found a couple of short dirt loops, one between Wilmington and Keene Valley, the other between Lake George and Graphite. Good side trip fodder, but not as a destination.
__________________
2010 KLR650
1990 FZR400 *Under Construction*
EIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #1722
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus
 
Chuckracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lowville, NY
Oddometer: 7,319
Meeting DavidR in Speculator for lunch tomorrow. I'll be the guy on the KLR.
__________________
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
2001 Scorpa SY250

Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #1723
conibear
Gnarly Adventurer
 
conibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Adirondacks
Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Meeting DavidR in Speculator for lunch tomorrow. I'll be the guy on the KLR.
Which direction are you taking?
conibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #1724
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus
 
Chuckracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lowville, NY
Oddometer: 7,319
Right past you - 365 to 8 to Speculator.
Then thinking about getting the Adirondack tag.
__________________
2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure
2001 Scorpa SY250

Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #1725
conibear
Gnarly Adventurer
 
conibear's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Adirondacks
Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Right past you - 365 to 8 to Speculator.
Then thinking about getting the Adirondack tag.
Stop by, we can take the back roads to 365 and then on, if you don't mind me tagging along.
conibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014