ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #16
onetworide
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Rt46/ Gorge Rd.

That's a great road. Have a great ride, wish I could join you.
onetworide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #17
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Oddometer: 348
Hess, Is that the one around Herb Philipson's?

I think I know where it is, I'll find it. I'll be there 8am Sunday.
I want an early 70's toaster tank, you got one for sale?
bpken11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
I'll figure on being in Boonville at around 8:45-9:00ish. Whereabouts is Slims? I was hoping my new Sargent seat was going to be in before the ride but it don't look like thats going to happen. Looks like its going to be a great day.
koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredman22
I would kill to ride this...but I couldn't do it till wed or later. If its too good and somebody wants to do it again let me know! I will also probably be hitting up Allegheny National Forest in PA if anybody is interested next week too.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/alle...on/atv_trails/
Let me know about the Allegheny ride! I've always wanted to check the area out.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #20
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyote
I'll figure on being in Boonville at around 8:45-9:00ish. Whereabouts is Slims? I was hoping my new Sargent seat was going to be in before the ride but it don't look like thats going to happen. Looks like its going to be a great day.
Slims is on mane street. Actually I donít know if itís really ďMane StreetĒ but it seems to be Boonvilleís mane street. I think there is an ACE Hardwar on the same side and a bar across the street next to a grocery store.

See ya there.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #21
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyote
I just got my new airhawk 2 pad last night. This will be it's test ride. I might end up ordering a Sargent also, the BMW seat pitches forward so much that you just keep sliding forward and crushing your personal items! You can stand all day on this thing, but sitting is another matter!

I'm going to meet up with Hockey in Rome and ride up with him, so I can find Slims too!

See you tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #22
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Great ride

Great ride today guys! would have never found those roads on my own. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,412
Where did you guys go?

http://3dtrials.org/
Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #24
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Chuck we drove down your road but I didn't have the numerics with me so we just looked for the KTM. Sorry we missed ya.

We rode from Boonville to Old Forge then took a maze of dirt road/snowmobile trails finally coming out at Rondack Lake. Then Uncas Rd to Raquett Lake back to Eagle Bay and down through Big Moose and Stillwater. From there we rode to Flat Rock Inn, then got lost for awhile on the south end of Tug Hill Finally coming out in West Lyden. 260 miles total for me with probably 100 of it being dirt roads. All and all a really great day.

Great meeting you guys, see ya next ride.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #25
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

It was a plot

I think it was a plot Chuck.

I think they saw my beast at Slims with street tires on it and said, hey let's find some roads with fresh gravel all over it! Our first run in dirt was not dirt. I don't know how, but some government agancy found the money to lay about 3" of fresh small sharp pointy rocks all over the road! Go figure! I spent the first half of the day praying that I could work my way through this stuff without dropping the F800 (with no crash bars) on these nasty little rocks that would surly destroy my plastic bits! Oh and did I mention where there was no gravel it went right into sand! Oh yes, the front end just loved hitting that stuff

I think Kyoto and Hockey made a pact in Slims when I went to the rest room to turn me into a KLR guy! And let me tell you by lunch time I was looking at those two KLR's with real tires on them thinkin 1. I need nobbies 2. I might need to get one of those smaller bikes!

But at the end of the day when we hit those roads after the flat rock in, that's when the 800 showed her stuff. And of course the twisty pavement between dirt roads is shear joy!

Oh, and my GPS decided to take us to some guys front lawn. Damn purple line, usually get's me home with no problem, not yesterday! Yesterday it wanted us to ride through some guys cabin! I need a little chat with Garmin!

It really was a great day with lots of variaty , fantastic landscapes and great guys to ride with.

As Kyoto said, we tried to find you but no luck. Hopefully next time I will get to meet you.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,412
Yep, it was a conspiracy all right. Those KLR guys...Next time I'll come along and show you how to crash in the loose rocks, and the sand, and whatever else isn't bolted to the floor. Sounds like you may need a role model.

http://3dtrials.org/
Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #27
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Thumb

Great meeting you guys, great ride! Yea, the coble stone in OF was a challenge almost as much as when the road disappeared with that washout we crossed. A little harry, yet again, if ya can hang, on the bike seems to be able to do!

I had dust in every crack and crevice. Yup the bike was a mess also. We both washed up nicely!

Canít wait for the next ride. I have miles of riding planed before snow. Iíll post and if you guys and or anyone else wants to join, thatís great.

If I can figure out how to post the pics Iíll get them on here. I see others doing it directly to their message. I thought I could just hit the paperclip and upload from my file but I guess not that easy.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Gosh I don't know if my old KLR could handle being in the presence of both a BMW and a KTM. It would probably cower and run away with its tail between its legs. I'm experiencing some serious rider envy going on here. Now Hockey and I are going to have to plan a trip to both Fulton KTM and MaxBMW.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Unfortunately, no matter how wonderful the bike is, it is stuck with the ability of the rider! the good news is, I certainly have plenty of bike to grow into! I'm going to be at Max BMW on the 10th if you want to ride out with me. I need to be there at 10am so I figure I will leave Camden around 7 am and take the side roads to Troy.

Any takers? They are really good about letting you test ride bikes for hours on end!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #30
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpken11
I'm going to be at Max BMW on the 10th if you want to ride out with me. I need to be there at 10am so I figure I will leave Camden around 7 am and take the side roads to Troy.

Any takers? They are really good about letting you test ride bikes for hours on end!

Iím in. Youíll be riding through Rome? Iíll meet you where ever. Dippon Donuts is on Erie Blvd or the Iron Kettle is on the way out of Rome if you want a quick Breakfast.