ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #31
XT_Driftwood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyote
Gosh I don't know if my old KLR could handle being in the presence of both a BMW and a KTM. It would probably cower and run away with its tail between its legs. I'm experiencing some serious rider envy going on here. Now Hockey and I are going to have to plan a trip to both Fulton KTM and MaxBMW.
I stopped in at the Fulton KTM dealer last Tuesday. It looks like they're dropping the street side of the KTM line, or they're just scaling way back due to the economy. They still have that leftover Super Enduro that they've been trying to unload for a couple years now, but no adventure bikes. Other than a Duke naked streetbike and a supermoto like Chuckracer's old bike, it's all dirt bikes and Victory cruisers.

I envy the hell outta you guys, BTW. It sounds like you had a great ride.
XT_Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #32
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,625
The 10th, eh? I might just be down with that. It will be pavement, so I can hang, too. I've never ridden a Beemer...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #33
93-610
I'm a tard

Oddometer: 1,184
it was a beautiful weekend to ride in the 'dacks, regardless of what you were sitting on

oldest crap
crap I almost forgot about

93-610 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #34
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_Driftwood
I stopped in at the Fulton KTM dealer last Tuesday. It looks like they're dropping the street side of the KTM line, or they're just scaling way back due to the economy. They still have that leftover Super Enduro that they've been trying to unload for a couple years now, but no adventure bikes. Other than a Duke naked streetbike and a supermoto like Chuckracer's old bike, it's all dirt bikes and Victory cruisers.

I envy the hell outta you guys, BTW. It sounds like you had a great ride.
Tom great to here from ya. I've kind of turned to the darkside (Advrider) from the ol days on Thumpertalk. I'm kind of mellowing out and have a taste for heavy adventure dual sporting now. My ol KLR fits right in and is actually considered a small bike ( go figure). We need to get together for a ride soon! Haven't even had the XR out yet this year.

BTW, did you say they still had the Super Enduro? Hmmmm, thats the reason I have been avoiding that place. Kind of hoped it would be gone so as not to tempt me further.
koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #35
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Oddometer: 348
Hockey wants a Beemer

Excellent! How about we meet at 7:00 at the Dunkin Donuts, then you can show me where the Iron Kettle is (or explain it here, and I will meet you there). Do you have any favorite routes to the Albany area?

Chuck, hope you can make it should be a fun day!

How bout you Kyoto? You know you want to!
I want an early 70's toaster tank, you got one for sale?
bpken11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #36
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Not sure yet, but I'll work on it! Your becoming a bad influence on me. I really do love my KLR but subjecting me to multiple test rides and eye candy can have devastating results.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #37
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer: 183
Laugh

[quote=bpken11]Excellent! How about we meet at 7:00 at the Dunkin Donuts, then you can show me where the Iron Kettle is (or explain it here, and I will meet you there). Do you have any favorite routes to the Albany area?

OK, Dunkin Donuts in Rome on Erie Blvd 7am it is. Iron Kettle is on the way out.

As far as a route, could take 5 to 7. I think that’ll get you to Troy. You do have that mighty “purple line” we can follow!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #38
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

OK, Dunkin Donuts in Rome on Erie Blvd 7am it is. Iron Kettle is on the way out.

As far as a route, could take 5 to 7. I think that’ll get you to Troy. You do have that mighty “purple line” we can follow! [/quote]

Since we will be on pavement, I will bring the purple line. But if we end up in some guys living room, the purple line will be banished forever!

I'm going to tell Steve at Max BMW we are coming and to have some bikes ready for us!!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #39
XT_Driftwood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Tom great to here from ya. I've kind of turned to the darkside (Advrider) from the ol days on Thumpertalk. I'm kind of mellowing out and have a taste for heavy adventure dual sporting now. My ol KLR fits right in and is actually considered a small bike ( go figure). We need to get together for a ride soon! Haven't even had the XR out yet this year.

BTW, did you say they still had the Super Enduro? Hmmmm, thats the reason I have been avoiding that place. Kind of hoped it would be gone so as not to tempt me further.
I wondered why I hadn't seen you in any of the pics at Doc Mike's rides. I thought for sure you'd try to make one, if not all, since you got the XR back.

They do still have the SE, but i don't know what they want for it. The tag hanging off it said it was a 2007 SuperDuke, so that was no help.

Honestly, it's a cool looking bike and I'm sure I'd love it if someone gave me one, but I don't think I'd shell out any serious coin of my own for one. It's too big and heavy for the really tight woodsy stuff, but that's only like 2% of the riding most of us on the hill do anyway. I drooled over it and sat on it and got to thinking about what farkles I'd need if it were mine... like bags, a better seat, some sort of wind protection, maybe lose the knobs and get some 60/40 street/dirt tires.. and realized I was mentally turing it into a 950 Adventure.

Are you thinking of getting rid of your KLR and your Vic and going with just one bike? Well, one plus your XR. You need to keep something for that 2%!
XT_Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #40
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpken11
Excellent! How about we meet at 7:00 at the Dunkin Donuts...

Chuck, hope you can make it should be a fun day!
I'm gonna try!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #41
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

I called Max

I called Steve at Max BMW today to let him know I would be in and I was bringing an unkown number of others. He said he would have the bikes ready for whoever came along. The big welcome mat is out (well, it's always out). Make sure you bring you Valid NYS Motorcycle license, and I think I had to have my insurance card with me too, you should always have that with you anyway!

Should be a fun day he will have everyting from 450's up to the 1200GSA for us to Demo.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 AM   #42
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpken11
I called Steve at Max BMW today to let him know I would be in and I was bringing an unkown number of others. He said he would have the bikes ready for whoever came along. The big welcome mat is out (well, it's always out). Make sure you bring you Valid NYS Motorcycle license, and I think I had to have my insurance card with me too, you should always have that with you anyway!

Should be a fun day he will have everyting from 450's up to the 1200GSA for us to Demo.
Great! I am interested in eventually upgrading.

Forecast looks like we may hit rain anytime through out the day Saturday. I have rain gear so I’m good to go. We riding rain or shine?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Upgrading?.........from a KLR?.......it can't be done!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #44
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Rain or Shine

Yes, we are on rain or shine. Besides it is going to be so hot that the rain should feel good!!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #45
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Quote:
Upgrading?.........from a KLR?.......it can't be done!

Gee I seem to remember someone looking at me after lunch when I started the beast up and saying "God that sounds good" with a big grin on his face.
I wonder who that was

I'm not KLR bashing mind you, I think I might have to add a smaller bike to my stable for those rides, something that I won't mind bashing around a little harder, since it won't be so painful on the pocket to fix, Oh, wait, KLR, that might just be the ticket You know anyone who has a cheap one laying around I can get my hands on?

Now, are you coming to Max with us or what? You afraid you might just have to "Up Grade" after you ride one??