ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #46
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
I will not drink the kool aid...I will not drink the kool aid...I will not drink the kool aid. There I talked myself out of it.

Actually I would love to go to Max's however I forgot about a charity ride in PA that I am supposed to go on this weekend. Its a cruiser thing and I'm really not that into it, but I told a friend I would go with him. If something changes by tommorrow I will let you guys know.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #47
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpken11
Excellent! How about we meet at 7:00 at the Dunkin Donuts, then you can show me where the Iron Kettle is (or explain it here, and I will meet you there).
Hey Guys,

First question: Where's the Iron Kettle? I'd rather just meet you guys there.

Second question: Do we have to ride at first light? Can we move the departure time back an hour or two? Not a deal breaker, but...this means an awfully early start for me. I'm an hour North of ya'll. Jes wonderin!

Chuckracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #48
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer: 183
[quote=Chuckracer]Hey Guys,

The Iron Kettle is on the North side of East Dominick street here in Rome. Across the street from the church.

Iíll keep checking this post for any time change. Otherwise see ya at 7Amish.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #49
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyote
I will not drink the kool aid...I will not drink the kool aid...I will not drink the kool aid. There I talked myself out of it.

Actually I would love to go to Max's however I forgot about a charity ride in PA that I am supposed to go on this weekend. Its a cruiser thing and I'm really not that into it, but I told a friend I would go with him. If something changes by tommorrow I will let you guys know.
That broke me up laughing! good one. Well if you can't make it this time, I am sure there will be others.
I want an early 70's toaster tank, you got one for sale?
bpken11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #50
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Early Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer
Hey Guys,

Second question: Do we have to ride at first light? Can we move the departure time back an hour or two? Not a deal breaker, but...this means an awfully early start for me. I'm an hour North of ya'll. Jes wonderin!
Chuck,

We are going to have a cup of Joe and some slop before we hit the road. I am figuring that we will actually leave Rome around 7:30. Then we will take Route 5 to Route 7 and end up in Troy around 10:00.

If you hit the Thruway, you could make some time on us and catch up with us around Canajoharie at about 9:00 as we make our way through there.

I have a 10:00 appointment for my bike at Max and if I get there much later than that I will be there till 4:00. I was told tomorrow is booked solid and I could have quite a wait even if I do make it on time, if I'm not there I lose my spot, and don't get in till they get a break in the action.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #51
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Ah so...I see! No worries then.

If I don't show at the restaurant, don't wait for me. I'll likely intersect with Rt. 5 at Little Falls. I may just blast straight to Max's and see you there.

I have no idea what you look like but I've met that Hockey character and will likely spot him.

This should be fun!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #52
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Talking

Great!

If it's taking to long, I might jump on the Thruway too. I'll have to see how the ride goes. I'm hoping these storms clear out by the morning. But I imagine the first couple hours might be a little wet.

If we don't catch you at Little Falls, we will see you at Max. Ask for Steve, he is the guy I purchased my bike from, and tell him you are with Ken. Then just tell him which bike you want to ride! If I'm not riding it already!!

See you Tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #53
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

I'll be honest - when my alarm goes off at zero dark thirty, if I'm hearing rain, I'm probably gonna roll over and quit right then and there.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #54
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Quote:
I'll be honest - when my alarm goes off at zero dark thirty, if I'm hearing rain, I'm probably gonna roll over and quit right then and there.
Got ya. Well, hopefully these storms will pass through by by zero dark 30. Fortunately I don't have to get up till zero break of dawn 40!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #55
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpken11
Fortunately I don't have to get up till zero break of dawn 40!
Wow. You Beemer guys sure do know how to lounge!

I'd imagine it will be dry enough. I hope so!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #56
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Eh, check that. I just read the forecast discussion for Troy, NY at the National Weather Service website. You're gonna get wet over there.

Should be nice here though, so look at the bright side...you can dry out on the way home!

I'm out.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #57
bpken11
Back to the Dirt

Quote:
Eh, check that. I just read the forecast discussion for Troy, NY at the National Weather Service website. You're gonna get wet over there.

Should be nice here though, so look at the bright side...you can dry out on the way home!

I'm out.
Guess I will get a little wet. I need a shower anyway.

Maybe next time!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #58
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

So I went anyhoo. Got there about 2-ish...musta missed you guys.
I did ride a GS1200 though. Nice. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, which is good. Real good, actually! But it was awfully cool.

Wish I hadn't gotten lost South of Albany though. That was about a one hour detour. I have no idea how I did that...gonna have to back-track on a map and see where I went, and where I went wrong. I always get lost out there!

Anyway, I wandered around Vermont for a little while, wandered back home...awesome 450 mile day! Just following my nose - I have no idea where I'm going or where I am when I wander like that...and that's the way I like it! I'll trace my route on Google maps and learn where I went.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #59
koyote OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Those are the best rides Chuck. Been wanting a test ride on a 1200gs myself. Hope you guys had a good ride, looks like it was a little wet in the AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #60
hockey
LOVE 2 RIDE

Oddometer: 183
Talking

[quote=Chuckracer]So I went anyhoo. Got there about 2-ish...musta missed you guys.
I did ride a GS1200 though. Nice. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, which is good. Real good, actually! But it was awfully cool.

Ahhh,, Sorry we missed you. We where chased by the rain all day. Didnít get any until the ride back on 29 near Dolgeville. The sky opened up for about 15 mins then clear skies.

I road the GS800. I really like the upgrade from my KLR (twin fuel injection, bigger tires, the way the bags can be attached, ABS, accessory capacity ).Iím sure there is more but for the mechanically challenged that is what I noticed. Itís all around more bike than the KLR but itís about 7Gs more. Then you still need to add the crash bars, bags, SEAT. There is NO way you can ride long distances on that SEAT!

If I buy another, that will be the one but there will need to be some negotiations reached on that SEAT. Getting old and need the comfort.