User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #151
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,207
How do you enter the "Guess where I am" competition?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #152
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by obe01
How good is this....Thanks for the post mate...
Johnnie
Can have a chat about it on the Maidenwell Ride if you are interested as I am already signed up.

Andy

http://www.jet-metal.com
Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 AM   #153
damo2010
damo

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
How do you enter the "Guess where I am" competition?
You don't need to worry about that, I'm working on that one
Old 11-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #154
-KATO-
'690R'

Oddometer: 853
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin
Can have a chat about it on the Maidenwell Ride if you are interested as I am already signed up.

Andy
interested?? hell yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by james928
Great looking machine, enjoy your new shiny KTM. I tried catching the old dingo on one during the sunny coast ride. It was a great bike, the only thing faster was KATO on his well worn and amazingly sideways in 4th 690.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #155
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo2010
You don't need to worry about that, I'm working on that one
Bastard!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #156
damo2010
damo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
Bastard!
Don't worry, am still working on it, john said only one entry, thus I am waiting on my brains trust to give me the right answer before I email john. Hurry up dam it
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #157
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KATO-
interested?? hell yeah..
I am by no means a good rider, but am a reasonable fixer, would never be good enough to do the Safari or Dakar let alone having the cash so this is the closest I will get to it. I guess my position in the pack will be akin to the hare and the tortoise, I am a persistant bastard and will ride solidly from 7 until 5 everyday even after a few rumbos in as many country pubs as I can find along the way, living the dream !!!

http://www.jet-metal.com
Old 11-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #158
-KATO-
'690R'

Oddometer: 853
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin
I am by no means a good rider, but am a reasonable fixer, would never be good enough to do the Safari or Dakar let alone having the cash so this is the closest I will get to it. I guess my position in the pack will be akin to the hare and the tortoise, I am a persistant bastard and will ride solidly from 7 until 5 everyday even after a few rumbos in as many country pubs as I can find along the way, living the dream !!!
That will be the key to finishing this one i reckon.. consistency. After all it's not a race ... just need to keep riding all day only stopping for fuel and it will be all good mate. A few rumbos and a good laugh at night should see us through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james928
Great looking machine, enjoy your new shiny KTM. I tried catching the old dingo on one during the sunny coast ride. It was a great bike, the only thing faster was KATO on his well worn and amazingly sideways in 4th 690.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:59 AM   #159
damo2010
damo

I don't know about the rest of you, but this has really caught my imagination, this occupies my thoughts a lot and we are still a long way out, I recokon this will be unbelievable awesome adventure. who's bringing the port
Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #160
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,462
Yeah I'm getting a physical conditioning program underway now instead of a month before. Strength (for repeatedly picking up the bike) stamina (for going all day for a fortnight after a fortnight of nights on the turps) and flexibility (to be able to kiss my arse goodbye as i'm flying over the bars) is the go.

Might even see if i can get some riding in there too.

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
Old 11-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #161
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,507
hey rossco
whats with the go with all the mincing equipment your after in the flea market
you got some bodies to get rid of, fargo style?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #162
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,462
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth
hey rossco
whats with the go with all the mincing equipment your after in the flea market
you got some bodies to get rid of, fargo style?
the other other white meat. I'm really making porkography but stray humans are cheaper than pigs. I find that a 1:4 ratio is best.

You've inspired me with your shots of the farm on MB4 (two thumbs up BTW, you guys are getting good at this) so I'm getting out of the bureaucracy to buy a block of dirt, raise some animals then make them into food to sell on the interwebby

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
Old 11-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #163
APC Rally
Banned

Oddometer: 784
Australian Rally News

News

On December 13th I am doing ten days track building work. Where I will be riding between Dorrigo and Melbourne. I will be testing a very well kitted ktm 690 for the first time. Last week Ben Grabbam came up and had a trail ride with a couple of my mates. I spoke to him about the rally and he is keen, he just needs to wait till the Enduro calendar is released to check his dates.
There is some momentum building for Ben to do Dakar in 2012 which a lot of people would be very excited about. The APC rally could hopefully give Ben some hands on experience on using a Gps . So if you are out in the desert and you see a missile coming past you don’t worry you are not under attack you are watching the best in the business. It was funny talking to Ben about carrying the camping gear and he said he reckons that would be a real challenge, I smiled and thought wow!! We really do have a unique event in the APC rally even pros wonder what set up they need and how they would go about it. I must stress that Ben is not committed at this point but it would be very cool for blokes who are in the rally to have a rider of his caliber pull up and stay at their camp and then watch him go to Dakar and give it a shake.
I have put adds in the next ADB magazine and TBAM this will hopefully build awareness for the event.
I am looking for 4 wd vehicles to do the event in a semi supporting role this is required to make the safety better for the event. I am wanting a 4 wd Ute to leave each start point and complete the rally course. I will be giving these volunteers an adventure of a life time. The deal is that they must have the ability to load a rider and a bike on the vehicle so they can get them to the next town.
These guys would have to pay their own way but they get to drive the rally course. They need to have a late model 4 wd utility ,some recovery gear, GPS unit, Spot tracker and first aid kit as well as their swags and most likely a fridge. They need to be reliable and I am hoping some older ex bike riders would grab this opportunity. They do not need to follow the group as a sweep they would simply drive the course at their own pace and pick up anyone who needs help and then get them to the next town.
Over xmas we will be able to watch Jacob Smith having a go at Dakar. This is a huge opportunity for him because a good result could see him attract a factory ride in the future. His age and ability in desert racing is a great formula and Glenn Hoffman runs a great team and this has always been his dream so we should all wish them luck and safe passage.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #164
Trang
... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer: 1,059
Old 11-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #165
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by APC Rally
I am just an average bloke who is trying to put together something that is very difficult . Promoting an event using names of riders is common practice. If it offends you that I am asking for help than next time you compete in an event such as a safari please ask the time keepers how much they get paid or ask a flag marshall how much they receive at a motocross event. It would be a lot easier for me to just continue as a competitor at events in this country or just go and do adventure riding as i have done in the past.
Your entitled to your opinion but could i just ask that you to let me put an event together which is basically me showing people the best track i have found over the last 20 years and provide the safest environment I can for them to do it. This rally has eight sections so far that are 300 km in length with no civilisation and take precise navigation . I have riden down a lot of wrong tracks that others will not have to do. Yes I am trying to make money from it. I simply need that to go and find the course for the next adventure. Every day will be 550 km of the best riding I can find,remote fuel stops are required because we are going to where few go. In short I am no one but this event will be something that people will remember I can gaurantee you that. I have destroyed two 990's so far and have enjoyed every second of it.
Don,t stress John those of us that want to do it still will and I think you will find a few 4 wd ers that will to. It is probably a once in a lifetime event but you will always get knockers whatever you do, usually the ones that cannot do whatever the event is.
Closed Thread