kerrystewart
stewy

Oddometer: 25
Unifilter for S10 now available

A$82.50 Found these while rummageing through the internet

(Incl GST)

NU 6235 KIT

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

All new pod air filter kit to suit 2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere. This kit replaces the original paper element. This kit will allow your Tenere to breathe better while keeping your engine clean!
Twin 2 stage pod kit.

What do you think about these good for engine or bad

kerrystewart screwed with this post 04-13-2011 at 11:47 PM
kerrystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #1547
kerrystewart
stewy

Yamaha Super Ténéré Adventure Motorcycle Benefits From K&N Air Filter

Replacement Air Filter for 2010, 2011, and 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere motorcycles
The Yamaha Tènèrè and Super Tènèrè have been part of Yamaha's international adventure touring line-up for years. Having received much praise abroad, North American motorcyclists have long coveted these rugged machines.

Restriction Chart for YA-1210 Air Filter

Yamaha placed a target on the back of BMW's GS motorcycles and hopes to hit the mark with the new Super Tènèrè. Yamaha Motors has finally decided to offer the Super Tènèrè in the United States.

Tènèrè is an Italian word meaning "to hold." Not coincidentally, K&N also delivers performance and excellent dirt-holding filtration for 2010, 2011, and 2012 Yamaha Super Tènèrè motorcycles with 1199cc engines. K&N has released a new High-Flow Air Filter, YA-1210, to fill the need for a reusable performance air filter.

This high-flow replacement air filter is washable/reusable, pre-oiled and ready to ride. K&N's YA-1210 is specifically designed to fit into the stock air filter assembly of 2010, 2011, and 2012 Yamaha Super Tènèrè motorcycles with 1199cc engines.

K&N high-flow replacement air filters are designed to provide increased airflow, resulting in increased performance and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. Within each air filter, thousands of microscopic cotton threads absorb K&N's specially formulated air filter oil and create powerful filtering media.

K&N puts its products through extensive testing to ensure they are worthy of the K&N name. Fuel management modifications to your motorcycle are not necessary to obtain increased performance.

Covered by the famous K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty®, and made in the USA, K&N's YA-1210 will provide years of performance and excellent filtration.

Find K&N products for your vehicle using the K&N application search then use the K&N dealer search to find a K&N dealer in your part of the world.
You might have already seen these

Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #1548
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrystewart View Post

(Incl GST)

NU 6235 KIT

All new pod air filter kit to suit 2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere. This kit replaces the original paper element. This kit will allow your Tenere to breathe better while keeping your engine clean!
Twin 2 stage pod kit.

Yo Kerry, you bike should already have the Uniflow filter fitted by the dealer from new, the paper type were deemed unsuitable for Australian conditions, they also supply a filter for the crankcase breather tube at the same time.

That K&N looks like the biz.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #1549
kerrystewart
stewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator View Post
Yo Kerry, you bike should already have the Uniflow filter fitted by the dealer from new, the paper type were deemed unsuitable for Australian conditions, they also supply a filter for the crankcase breather tube at the same time.

That K&N looks like the biz.
Just shows you how much I know does'nt it, should pull the bike to bits
and have a closer look or maybe just ask someone
Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #1550
Bargenator
Bargenator

Quote:
Just shows you how much I know does'nt it, should pull the bike to bits
and have a closer look or maybe just ask someone
Don't stress mate, just contact your dealer and I'm sure they will correct the issue. I checked out K&N here in Oz and that's the way I'm going to go, I have had them before and they work a treat. The Uni filters seem to be quite messy, after they're re-oiled a fair bit of the oil comes out of them, you can check the sight glass in the left rear corner of the air box and it fills with filter goop
Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #1551
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,546
Hey Kerry - good find, lucky for you, you already have these. Interestingly they are a Yamaha part in Oz, and nearly half the price ($48) of the Uniflow ones here. Same filter... Makes no difference to you, but I'm in the States and if I decide to go this way I'll be contacting my friendly Oz Yam dealer.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...93&postcount=4

Quote:

(Incl GST)

NU 6235 KIT

Twin 2 stage pod kit.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #1552
kerrystewart
stewy

Power Commander V XT1200Z Super-Tenere

Art.No.: PCV-XT12Z

2-3 days

from 399,00 €incl. VAT, plus Shipping
recommendPlease login to access Wish List.

Power Commander V XT1200Z Super-TenereThe Power Commander V from Dynojet is now also avaiable for the XT1200Z Super-Tenere!

Included in the kit for the XT-1200 is the 2-channel O2 optimizer, one channel for each cylinder!
This optimizer makes shure that no error code will occur in the dash board of the Tenere!

The Power Commander V got the same spezification like the III USB, like e.g. the progamming of the mixture. But of course some points are are different, due to a technical development.

This are the most important changes compared to the PC III USB:

Power Commander V
  • Half of the size compared to Power Commander III USB.
  • USB-powered. You do not need the 9V connector anymore.
  • 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
  • Pick up possibility for gearing an speed.
  • Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as temperature)
  • Fuel mixture can be changed from -100%/+250% (PC III USB = -100%/+100%). This allows a wider range of settings.
  • 10 throttle positions are now avaiable (before 9).
  • Enhanced adjustment range of the accelerator pump..
  • For all bike before 2009 you have to use the III USB.
  • Connetion possibility to the new Dynojet AUTOTUNE - this allows adjument of the fuel mixture while driving.
  • Download Mountinginstructions
No damages can occur to your bike with the power commander. Unplug the PC and you bike is back in stock conditions!

due to the Power Commander. Neither on the ECU nor on other electrical parts! This is because all programming is only in the Power Commander. If you load a "Zero-map" to the Power Commander, the bike is like stock!
If you are interested on a custom made, perfekly fitting map for your bike, get in contact with us here in Cologne. You will not regret this!

Found this little item on a euro site, does anyone know anything about them

399,00 €*

kerrystewart screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 06:31 PM
Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #1553
Bargenator
Bargenator

The Power Commander V is available in Oz, More Power Racing have them on there web site for $289.00 USD.

http://www.morepowerracing-au.com/t336bm5676233/Sportbike/Power-Commander/Yamaha/XTZ1200/2011/c-1-29847-17218-26824-48885-48910/

Available at distributors around Oz.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #1554
kerrystewart
stewy

Quote:
The Power Commander V is available in Oz, More Power Racing have them on there web site for $289.00 USD.

http://www.morepowerracing-au.com/t336bm5676233/Sportbike/Power-Commander/Yamaha/XTZ1200/2011/c-1-29847-17218-26824-48885-48910/

Available at distributors around Oz.
I read where you installed arrow headers, what do you think of them and
have you fitted a power commander yet
Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #1555
kerrystewart
stewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstrom View Post
Unless you believe the FASTBIKES testers - they say the seat is terrible (and fuel economy is poor, and it burns oil).

I've not heard anything like that from any of the owners, so I can only postulate that the Fastbikes guys are wankers...
Yes fastbike testers take wankerism to a new level, I'm getting a bit tied of magazine bike testers getting wood over the GS1200, and the S10 beatup. How about they do a long term test on the BMW, and lets see them comment on the oil leaks from the rear main seal and soaking the clutch in oil and when the final
drive starts to leak and then shits it self. The NSW police services got rid of bmw's because of the final drive problems and went to FJR1300's
They are trying to compare a bike thats made its first debut against a bike that been around for 30 years and still has quality control issues.
Wait till you go to BMW with warranty claims and see how good they are

Taking my soapbox and going for now. This is not directed at BMW owners, everyone has a choice, this is directed at dickheads who claim to
be experts on everything

kerrystewart screwed with this post 04-16-2011 at 03:16 AM
Old 04-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #1556
DuMar
SuperTourer

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
The subject of high guards came up today (on the general S10 thread) so I week'nd and posted a picture up of what I have been working on.
I may as well post it here as it seems mods think that everything I develop is for general sale and would probably then can the pic.
Truth is, I develop shit FOR ME.... Stuff that I want.... I show other enthusiast and they want it so snowball gathers momentum.

As I said on the other thread:

I love the look of this and am keen to get rolling on it one day soon.
I spoke with some of the guys that did the Aussie Tenere tragics run and they are very eager to see it come to fruition because of mud build up under the low guard.
This was not something I was going to bring up until I had completed the working model.
I started this a while ago but there are many other things on the drawing board waiting in line.
This is the first prototype so form will change esthetically as I approach a completed product, and I have already worked out how I will be doing the brake/abs lines.
I will also form some fork slider protectors in plastic as well.

Greg.

Hey Greg,

Is it too soon to ask for an update on this awesome looking high guard?
Put me down for a black one, will you?

Mike
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #1557
Bargenator
Bargenator

Kerry, the idea of the arrow headers was to get rid of the cat converter, also they are a very well made set of header and no, the PC has not gone on yet but that is just around the corner.

The bike is quite loud when run with the baffle out, earplug territory that's for sure, and it bangs and pops out the back quite a bit on downshifting and going up as well, down the bottom it also hunts a bit below 2000rpm but that does improve a bit over distance, go figure.

With the baffle in I believe the mid range has improved quite a bit, I seem to have to hang on a bit more when giving it the message.

Would I go back to standard, no, would I ditch them for something else, no. They have gone a little off colour caused by weathering but a ceramic coating will sort that out.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #1558
kerrystewart
stewy

Quote:
Kerry, the idea of the arrow headers was to get rid of the cat converter, also they are a very well made set of header and no, the PC has not gone on yet but that is just around the corner.

The bike is quite loud when run with the baffle out, earplug territory that's for sure, and it bangs and pops out the back quite a bit on downshifting and going up as well, down the bottom it also hunts a bit below 2000rpm but that does improve a bit over distance, go figure.

With the baffle in I believe the mid range has improved quite a bit, I seem to have to hang on a bit more when giving it the message.

Would I go back to standard, no, would I ditch them for something else, no. They have gone a little off colour caused by weathering but a ceramic coating will sort that out.
Thanks for that info, its given me somthing to think about.
I have been running with the baffle in on account of my shift work.
I did about 40km the other day with the baffle out it did'nt seem to make much difference except for attracting some cops,luckily they where
booking someone else.

thanks Kerry
Old 04-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #1559
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Oddometer: 1,062
Well, after finding this thread on the fourth page (and deeming this unacceptable) I thought I better post some more pics of the latest mods.

I use the S10 WASPmobile around town for a lot of component pickups and parcel delivery's for shipping. This running around is generally done with the Trax top box installed, and side boxes if necessary, as well as the Bags Connection City tank bag to hold the wallet + phone + glasses + DSLR cam (dont go anywhere without it) as well as a few other sundry items.
I only use boxes if an item/s cant be safely strapped to the back but the tank bag is generally always in position.

This has always worked out great for general running around on the road but I find any tank bag a PITA when you want to go dirt. The City bag takes up about the least real-estate that I have seen in any bag for the S10 but I still find myself wanting to get further forward on the tank while in the dirt and inevitably squashing the nads against the bag.
The summer season has gone and the hot dusty weather is starting to disappear, so the riding in Perth forests will start to become perfect as soon as we get some rain. So,,,, I decided it's time to get an alternative bag for carrying the goodies.

I dont like backpacks, and as I said, I always carry the DSLR with me so I thought I would give the "Reverse" tail bag from Bags Connection a try.
I have a feeling that this will work out realy well for my needs but I may end up moving it slightly rearwards for when I encounter the downhills and want to shimmy the bum rearwards.

The Reverse bag is similar in size to the City tank bag and also expands in height by around two inch's.
There are two side pockets for wallet, phone or the likes and enough room inside to hold my water bladder and the (very big) Canon 1Dmk3.

The bag has a textured under surface and is very stable and non slippy when secured in position, although like I said, I will probably move it rearward and change the straps around for a neater appearance.

Looking forward to a test ride as soon as the rains start.

Greg.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #1560
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers

Oddometer: 2,022
Greg.. what lens do you run on the 1Dmk3 when it's packed in the bag ??

Can we see how you pack it ??

I'm always concerned about my 7D (with grip) in the tank bag and have now started carrying it in a smaller bag in the top box..