Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrown View Post
thanks mate
50rpm is about right
great tone and easy to fit product
love yer work
I love that you love my work

Actually your not the only one. I caught up with Clubby and Lance from TrailZone mag (Australia's best dual-sport/dirt bike mag) for a meal a few weeks ago.
After our feed Clubby threw a leg over the WASPmobile and flew off around the block, narrowly evading a speeding ticket from an un-marked cop car I might add, and come back raving about how hard my bike accelerates and how crisp it feels compared to his GYTR (Remus) equipped long term test bike...

Check this months Trailzone mag for a story on the MotorradWorks carbon muffler kit... Dunno what he is going to write, but he was so impressed that he contacted me a couple of days after our meeting saying that it will be going in the mag.

Greg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #1727
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 386
Greg,

The Motorradgarage.com.au website indicates a note that "ALL International Orders need to be placed via Email for us to ascertain correct freight charges."

I did not see that email address on the website.

Thanks for clarifying...
Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #1728
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Greg,

The Motorradgarage.com.au website indicates a note that "ALL International Orders need to be placed via Email for us to ascertain correct freight charges."

I did not see that email address on the website.

Thanks for clarifying...
It is hidden very discretely in the "contact us" area in the bottom left hand corner of the home page.
But valid point... It should be on the page with that statement. I will let Mike know about that one.

The e-mail address is info@motorradgarage.com.au

Greg.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #1729
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
It is hidden very discretely in the "contact us" area in the bottom left hand corner of the home page.

Greg.
Prefect. Thanks again Greg.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #1730
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Howdy men, gidday Wasp. Thought I'd let yuz know I just fitted a K&N filter to my land clearing S10, and shiver me timbers it makes one hellava difference. I have the Arrow catless header pipes fitted and Wasps can and I believe the K&N worked a treat. AMCN reported the same. The note change and the tak needle flicked to the rev limiter in a mere poofteenth. Can not wait for the Power Commander V, going on real soon.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #1731
DrParnassus
Ni Dios Ni Amo

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator View Post
Howdy men, gidday Wasp. Thought I'd let yuz know I just fitted a K&N filter to my land clearing S10, and shiver me timbers it makes one hellava difference. I have the Arrow catless header pipes fitted and Wasps can and I believe the K&N worked a treat. AMCN reported the same. The note change and the tak needle flicked to the rev limiter in a mere poofteenth. Can not wait for the Power Commander V, going on real soon.
Most interesting Mr Bargenator - any change to the 'lag' commonly experienced between 2 & 3,000 rpm?
Also - emmachisit?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #1732
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Hey Barg, do you have any plans to fit a mini bulldozer blade to the front of the bike to move those obstacles away easier?

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #1733
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,007
Hey Greg, Are you international now?

http://www.cosmoservice.org/XT1200%20Z.html

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #1734
kerrystewart
stewy

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Hey Bargenator
I thought they already had a unifilter fitted, what makes the K & N any better, and do you buy them.

Cheers Kerry
kerrystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #1735
Bargenator
Bargenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrParnassus View Post
Most interesting Mr Bargenator - any change to the 'lag' commonly experienced between 2 & 3,000 rpm?
Also - emmachisit?
I have only ridden it for a quick ride to refuel then back home, I did nail it leaving the servo in 3rd from about 2000rpm and it pulled hard to the limiter, but to be honest it just felt better everywhere. It's still banging and popping on throttle close, especially down low but I expected that because the filter is more efficient at feeding the air box which in turn is feeding the velocity stacks better, but the Power Commander will sort that out. There was no doubt it felt more responsive to throttle input, and a crisper exhaust note to boot. It cost me $100 including the the service kit, cleaner and filter oil.

Kerry, when you open up the air box with the uni filters fitted it looks like a quick fix for a poorly designed OEM air filter. The filters take up 60% or more of the volumn of the air box for starters, they are heavily ladened with sticky, gooie oil that ends up covering the bottom of the air box, check the sight glass in the bottom left hand corner, it's always full of filter oil. The engine must be working overtime pulling air through them, I believe the Uni system would be less than 50% efficient than the K&N.

I'm no engineer mate but I can look at something and know that it's not right. I have heard people bung on about air boxes since EFI came on the scene, or Cold Air Boxes more to the point, and how manufacturers and race engineers seem proud to make a statement when they have managed to increase there size. So when someone fills them up with foam I think it's fair enough that they are going back wards, and away from what a cold air box is all about. If someone has a different take on this I would love to hear it.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #1736
Bargenator
Bargenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower View Post
Hey Barg, do you have any plans to fit a mini bulldozer blade to the front of the bike to move those obstacles away easier?

JDP
I was looking around for something suitable but the last time I went for a bush ride with Wasp and the boyz the trees were taking off when they saw me coming
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #1737
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,968
Quote:
I was looking around for something suitable but the last time I went for a bush ride with Wasp and the boyz the trees were taking off when they saw me coming

should have been out with us today Barge, instead of hiding at home, had to quieten Greg down by getting him to smack himself in the mouth, funny as faaaaark
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #1738
Tee Dee Mmm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,626
Quote:
I have only ridden it for a quick ride to refuel then back home, I did nail it leaving the servo in 3rd from about 2000rpm and it pulled hard to the limiter, but to be honest it just felt better everywhere. It's still banging and popping on throttle close, especially down low but I expected that because the filter is more efficient at feeding the air box which in turn is feeding the velocity stacks better, but the Power Commander will sort that out. There was no doubt it felt more responsive to throttle input, and a crisper exhaust note to boot. It cost me $100 including the the service kit, cleaner and filter oil.

Kerry, when you open up the air box with the uni filters fitted it looks like a quick fix for a poorly designed OEM air filter. The filters take up 60% or more of the volumn of the air box for starters, they are heavily ladened with sticky, gooie oil that ends up covering the bottom of the air box, check the sight glass in the bottom left hand corner, it's always full of filter oil. The engine must be working overtime pulling air through them, I believe the Uni system would be less than 50% efficient than the K&N.

I'm no engineer mate but I can look at something and know that it's not right. I have heard people bung on about air boxes since EFI came on the scene, or Cold Air Boxes more to the point, and how manufacturers and race engineers seem proud to make a statement when they have managed to increase there size. So when someone fills them up with foam I think it's fair enough that they are going back wards, and away from what a cold air box is all about. If someone has a different take on this I would love to hear it.
Hey Barg,

I also went this way but fitted a DNA filter as it seemed to have a little bit more filter area and I would say the result is the same as the bike seems to respond even quicker and rev to redline very quickly. When I have cleaned the Uni filters I did not like the idea of the springs that support the Unifilters going down inside the inlet tubes disrupting and restricting flow and also the fliters had marks on the top of the elements where they contact the lid of the airbox again having part of the filter not getting fresh cool air.

Cheers Rick
Tee Dee Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #1739
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
should have been out with us today Barge, instead of hiding at home, had to quieten Greg down by getting him to smack himself in the mouth, funny as faaaaark
Nice one Bully, Ya big mouth prick..
What about the old saying: What happens on the trail - Stay's on the trail????????????????????
Did you hear me bagging out Barge on the interwebz when he tried to hump that tree on the go?... ohh, hang on I did do that .

Yes all right,, I donged myself with the pointy end of a tree branch today and I wasnt even riding the bike.

We had just peaked over the top of a really gnarly hill climb and stopped at a tree fallen across the trail at about lunch time so we thought now was as good a time as any for a lunch break...
After we scoffed down a couple of sandwiches and admired the view I decided to build up the front face of this (about 18" diameter) fallen tree with an 8>10" log that just happened to have a handy carry handle off-shoot branch sticking out of it.
The log was about 10 to 15kg and dry as, so when i had the weight off the ground the little foot long/pointy end decided to snap off recoiling the sharp point straight back through my lower lip and rattling my bottom teeth... Actually loosened the R/H lower front tooth.
Here's me standing there with blood gushing out of a 6mm diameter piercing through my lower lip and all bully could suggest is that I thread a "snakes alive" through it (he always carts a packet around) to 1: Stop the bleeding, and 2: Cancel out the taste of blood for the ride home.

A bloody good ride though, and we all lived to tell the tail.

Greg.

P.S - I have some great video footage of todays ride that I will put on this thread as soon as I can work out how to edit them.

Wasp screwed with this post 06-19-2011 at 06:18 AM
Old 06-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #1740
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post
Hi Trevor ... the HDB handguards are the strongest in the market ... better and sturdier to the other known brands (Acerbis . Barkbusters) but they are meant to be used in Enduro bikes so fitting them to our S10 required buying a fitting from Acerbis to grab the end of the handguard to the handlebar plus a piece of aluminum bar as extension on the left handguard. These handguards came with the wind deflectors in white and black. They are supposed to be attached to the center handlebar fitting also sold by HDB but are 4 inches short.
Cheers,
Roberto
Hi Roberto,
Are those the standard version of the HDB handguards? I ask because Paul makes a Ultimate version for big bikes that are much longer. I plan on putting them on my Super Tenere when it gets here and I decide what bar bend I'm going with. I run HDB on all my bikes and love it.

By the way, the ADVrider group buy and 15% off coupon is still available in the group buy thread here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679142

The top clamp size, for the Super Tenere is 100x38/40mm. Even if I don't replace the handguards right away, I'm going to use an HDB top clamp so I have a place to mount the powerlet outlets. But I'm assuming the the Ultimate version of the HDB handguards will be plenty long for out bikes.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote