ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 AM   #1906
tassiemays
Big Pete
 
tassiemays's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tasmania Australia
Oddometer: 17
Question Windscreen knobbies

Hi Greg would this be the same dimensions of the knurled knobs you use on your screen?



Knobs - Star - Male - Plastic
Diameter (D) (mm) = 25.0
Diameter (D)
(mm)
(inches)

Screw Size

Screw Length (L)
(mm)
(inches)

More InfoPictureOrdering Information
25.0
(0.9843 in.)
M5 10.0
(0.3937 in.)



Photo is indicative only.
tassiemays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #1907
tassiemays
Big Pete
 
tassiemays's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tasmania Australia
Oddometer: 17
Question Or are they M5 x 20mm


M5 x 20 Male 7-Lobe TechnoPolymer Knob

(GN63364ST25M520)

TechnoPolymer hand knobs are an excellent choice for applications requiring higher shock resistance. Maximum heat resistance of nylon plastic: 150°C (300°F).
tassiemays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #1908
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiemays View Post

M5 x 20 Male 7-Lobe TechnoPolymer Knob

(GN63364ST25M520)

TechnoPolymer hand knobs are an excellent choice for applications requiring higher shock resistance. Maximum heat resistance of nylon plastic: 150°C (300°F).
Yeh, M5x20.

I think they were an Elesa product however I bought them from RS Components.

Greg.
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #1909
jdpower
Studly Adventurer
 
jdpower's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Oddometer: 644
[QUOTE=Shaggie;16525459]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thagua View Post



tell us about your extra brakelight? is it a Whelan? Thoughts?
I've got one just about like that and got from StrobeNmore.com as their proprietary brand much like Whelen. It is about $39 and very bright. Here is a link: http://www.strobesnmore.com/strobes-...super-led.html I have one on an ST1300 and have liked it a lot. Mine is on a constant on pattern, but there are several options regarding flashing patterns.

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #1910
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 5,193
I've finally figured it out.

It's K9 from Dr Who!


(or his evil twin)



Been bugging me for months.
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #1911
Thagua
Let's go adventuring...
 
Thagua's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Oddometer: 352
Extra brake light

[QUOTE=jdpower;16526061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie View Post

I've got one just about like that and got from StrobeNmore.com as their proprietary brand much like Whelen. It is about $39 and very bright. Here is a link: http://www.strobesnmore.com/strobes-...super-led.html I have one on an ST1300 and have liked it a lot. Mine is on a constant on pattern, but there are several options regarding flashing patterns.

JDP
Hi everyone ... don´t know the brand name ... suppose are 'Made in China' and bought them from a store in Chile for about USD$60 and made a switch / pulse device under the passenger seat to change the various types of strobe patterns it has so as to have it fixed, flashing for night ride with bad visibility or together with the brake light as a very bright flasher ... in some countries is illegal to have this lights so better be sure ...
Cheers,
Roberto
Thagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #1912
dab68
Adventurer
 
dab68's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Pescara - ITALY
Oddometer: 78
Thank you so much for your fast reply, Greg.
Even if we have almost 8 hr of difference time.
In. My tomorrow morning I will send you an email of transaction.

Davide
Italy
__________________
KTM Adventure 1190 R Blue
If there is a solution, why you get angry?
If there is no solution, why you get angry?
dab68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #1913
SuperCruise
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SuperCruise's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I've finally figured it out.

It's K9 from Dr Who!
__________________
XT1200Z Super Ténéré 2010

Around Australia, Super Tenere Style
SuperCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #1914
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust
 
AlsoRan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: West Coast
Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post

We have nearly completed development of a complete exhaust (obviously "Cat-less") and I will run all components and combinations on the dyno and let all know how they stack up.

Greg.
Greg,

Regarding the carbon exhaust (muffler only), was there a re-map or anything needed from stock? Thanks for clarifying...
__________________
2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré
AlsoRan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #1915
warnabrother
.. if you see the Rozzers
 
warnabrother's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Morn. Pen. Melbourne
Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Greg,

Regarding the carbon exhaust (muffler only), was there a re-map or anything needed from stock? Thanks for clarifying...
I doubt it mate..

these bikes seem to run rich from the factory.. just check the PCV maps for confirmation
__________________
bikeless...
warnabrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #1916
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Greg,

Regarding the carbon exhaust (muffler only), was there a re-map or anything needed from stock? Thanks for clarifying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by warnabrother View Post
I doubt it mate..

these bikes seem to run rich from the factory.. just check the PCV maps for confirmation
As Warna said, the bikes do run fat from stock "except for at the bottom end"....

With no baffle in the carbon muffler, the bike may exhibit very slight popping on decel with the throttle fully closed - This is symptomatic of requiring a couple extra points of fuel (in PowerCommander speak) at the 5% to fully closed throttle on rundown.

With the baffle installed in the carbon muffler there are no signs of popping on decel at all.
FYI, I run a cored and shortened version of the baffle that is supplied in the carbon muffler kit to have the best of both world's... I have NO popping on decel.

The are no other areas where the fueling feels out, and in fact the bike feels much sharper in acceleration and throttle response at all points through the range.
The MotorradWorks Carbon muffler system certainly helps propel the bike through to the rev limit faster than stock.

Clubby (Owner and Editor of TrailZone magazine) rode my bike a couple of months ago and was shocked how much "quicker/sharper it felt" (his words) compared to his Yamaha supplied long term test bike that was fitted with the GYTR (Yamaha's re-badged Remus) muffler.

Greg.
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #1917
thebrown
likes beer
 
thebrown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: downunder
Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
As Warna said, the bikes do run fat from stock "except for at the bottom end"....

With no baffle in the carbon muffler, the bike may exhibit very slight popping on decel with the throttle fully closed - This is symptomatic of requiring a couple extra points of fuel (in PowerCommander speak) at the 5% to fully closed throttle on rundown.

...

Greg.
Ive been running the pipe with no baffle
always get a bit of popping on decel
should i worry about this you reckon?
thebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 AM   #1918
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrown View Post
Ive been running the pipe with no baffle
always get a bit of popping on decel
should i worry about this you reckon?
Not at all..

Greg.
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #1919
cul8rr
busa no more
 
cul8rr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Bunbury, West Oz
Oddometer: 97
G'day Greg

Not much chance in catching up with you before I take off.
Apparently the burgers aren't to bad in Birdsville.... So I am going to find out for myself
Follow me at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712478 should be a hoot....

CUL8RR
See you later......
__________________
It's better to burn out than fade awaaaaaaaayyyy....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712478
cul8rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #1920
Wasp OP
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8rr View Post
G'day Greg

Not much chance in catching up with you before I take off.
Apparently the burgers aren't to bad in Birdsville.... So I am going to find out for myself
Follow me at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712478 should be a hoot....

CUL8RR
See you later......
Enjoy, and stay safe.. Should be a hoot.

Greg.
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014