Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Oddometer: 107
Talking I was waiting.

I was in Callicoon on sunday evening, but never saw "Capt Crunch"

All is good. I waited till almost 8pm then headed home as I was starting to get a chill.

Sunday I rode around the area and up to the "Villa" just for a ride.

Just a Lazy day to ride around.

Well, maybe I will run into you in town.
I hope that you had a good visit with your friend.
johnnygequinunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
vinsonrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Hey Johnny did you wear out those Dunlap 606,s yet?
vinsonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 682
Sorry I missed you Johnny We hung around till about 6:30, then I went & took the latest pics that I posted. We'll run across eachother sometime soon
Braking Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #19
12pack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
I have had the pleasure of cocktails at Matthews one afternoon. Had a great time gettin' liquored with the locals one winter day.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #20
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking About the Dunlop 606

Is this you Chris?

Yes those 606's didn't last long with all my street riding plus I was having a hard time keeping air in the front one. It went compleatly flat on one ride to Callicoon.
Plus they made the bike "Oxyplane" at high speed hiway travel.
They really didn't give me any better real off ride riding ability.
I now have Kenda 670's on the bike and they so far seem the best 50/50 tire on the bike.

Of late I just been exploring between Binghamton NY to Monticello NY to Lackawaxen and all over the Catskills.

The 606's wore fairly quick and the front tire was dangerious before I put the Kendas on. I tried the 606's in all diffrent terrains and they really didn't give the bike any extra bite as I hoped they would as I rode thru woods and mud.

Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking No problem Scott ( AKA "Critter")

I get to Callicoon all the time. We will run into each other soon.
I hope that you had a good visit with Frankie.

This weekend my friend is doing a reinactment at fort Delaware. Not sure of the weather and if I'm going to ride down there or take the car.

I hope all is well with you a Capt Crunch.

See ya soon.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
vinsonrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes it is me. At least the price was right. I cought a glimps of you one day I think heading up into the cemetary in Equinunk, but alas I was following someone who had allready left in front of me. Are you still on the road? Im busy this weekend but shoot me a PM when your going out next. It figures doesnt it I have had a KLR for 6 months sitting in my garage doing nothing and the day I sell it my old childhood friend comes out of the woodwork. I still have Strom though. (for now) ((this bike A.D.D. is killing me))
Old 07-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking I thought that was you in Equinunk.

Yes, I went up to the cematery to visit my dad. I had to zoom up there as someone was riding my butt. ( Why can't people do the speed limit thru the small towns?)

I had just topped off the bike up in Hancock, ( High test only.)
But I wasnt geared up for any kind of ride. ( I prefer to wear a coat/jacket for after dark riding as one never knows the temp or what will fly into you.)

Where did you head that day?

So far the KLR seems to be holding up fairly well. She started burning a little oil after her first oil change, but Lucas seemed to fix that. She still gets a average of 50 mpg.

I hope your big "VStrom" is all you wanted it to be.
Hopefully we can ride together soon.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #24
Braking Bad OP
Banned

OK, I'm back. Went to see the doctor on Tuesday, and came back and stayed by my friend Frank that night. Our other friend Steve was there with his wife April & their son Anthony. We all had a blast playing with Anthony and cooking up some BBQ.

Steve is the owner of Steve's Machine Shop, and is the guru of all things mechanical. I've worked for him and seen things come out of his shop that would scare the shit out of you Little cars from the 50's Sears catalog with 1000 horsepower supercharged Chevy motors!!! It was INSANE!!!! Steve is a lunatic!!! And I love him to death

Me, Anthony & Steve

Frankie the grillmaster & Stevie the ghost (weird pic)

Father & son

Me with Anthony, explaining the facts of life to him

Anthony just being Anthony.....he's not one of those kids who screams in Walmart

Shannon, Anthony, Stevie-dad & Frankie

Here we all are with our pleasantly plump wives....except for me....I'm gonna get my ass kicked for this....

Unless I put this in here

Anthony & Frankie checking out the lake

DAMN!! Look at the ears on that kid!!! If they match his johnson he's gonna be a popular boy in high school!

Braking Bad screwed with this post 07-16-2010 at 11:36 AM
Old 07-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #25
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygequinunk
They really didn't give me any better real off ride riding ability.

I tried the 606's in all diffrent terrains and they really didn't give the bike any extra bite as I hoped they would as I rode thru woods and mud.

Thanks again.
I agree they wear quickly on the road, and I'm also not crazy about the handling on pavement.... But this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say they don't provive great traction in the woods, or especially the mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #26
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking cool pics scott and about the 606's

I think I seen your friend steve around town and maybe some other places too.

A few questions as I am not one to go out drinking or partying anymore.

I see that "Roberts" in Hortonville is no more, but what about the "Nutshell" ? I went past there last summer and did not know what to make of the place. Also, what about "Lenape/ BlackHorse" ??? they still open?

Yes I got around in my younger drinking/Partying days.

Kool pics scott. Keep them coming.

About the 606's.
For me they tended to dig too deeply too easily. I found this out on my first time on my way up to Jensens ledges with them. Dry loose stone and they dug a trench down to the swing arm. Then going thru the woods near Minkler Mountain after a heavy rain. They started doing more digging then giving me forward momentum. So far my Kendas haven't been so bad. They only dug in once to the swingarm and frame and that was because I rode into a bog. I drug her out sideways and got her free. But all in all the Kendas are showing good road wear and excelent off road capibilities. I just cant lean as far with them as I used to be able to with my old DT 250. The Kendas let you know how far you can lean them, but then again look at the weight of the bike too.
The major diffrence I see between the Dunlops and Kendas. Atleast off the pavement is the Kendas let me decide when I want the bike to dig a ditch and with the Dunlops they always wanted to dig a trench.
I do know that on NY 17 the Kendas are much more civilized then the Dunlops.
With the Dunlops right at about 80 mph the bike starts to float. With the Kendas I had the bike near 100 mph and she never got that floating feeling.
( She has since been geared a bit lower for off road riding. )

Maybe the 606's are fine on a bit lighter bike but on my KLR with my big butt and full of fuel they just didn't work for me, but one thing they were great at was making a wineing buzz as you went down the pavement and it seemed to keep the deer out of the way.

Back in the day I rode on "IRC" and "ChenSheng" ( I think thats how it's spelled.) Very simular pattern to these Kendas and I rode them on everything the east coast could throw at them from Maine to Florida. From sand to snow. Yes on a lot smaller and lighter bike, but so far so good. ( as I knock on wood.)

Well, Scott. I hope with the Doc nothing too serious. I'm glad you had a fun BBQ with friends. Your pics made it look like a good time had by all. Thanks for shareing.

Hopefully I will run into you soon.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #27
Braking Bad OP
Banned

If ya want some good DS tires, the "snow tires" I'm running on Cap'n Krunch are pretty good. They are Bridgestones, Trail Wing 39 on the front, Trail Wing 40 on the back. They are my snow tires....I rode the Cap'n all this last winter. These tires are the OEM's for some Honda 250 enduro. I figured if they are good enough for Honda, they're good enough for the Cap'n. And they're cheap. I think I paid $130 for both of them with shipping from Motorcycle Superstore.

These tires seem to be wearing fairly well so far. But then again, I've mostly only run them in the snow.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygequinunk

I see that "Roberts" in Hortonville is no more, but what about the "Nutshell" ? I went past there last summer and did not know what to make of the place. Also, what about "Lenape/ BlackHorse" ??? they still open?

Yes I got around in my younger drinking/Partying days.

Kool pics scott. Keep them coming.
Roberts 4 Seasons was a victim of the 21 drinking age. The Nutshell is still open, but not under original ownership of Dave Dancheck. It's now owned by a Puerto Rican guy named Juan, who is very cool. I've done several gigs there with several different bands. I am not familiar with the Blackhorse, unless you are talking about the place in Fair Oaks that burnt down in the late 80's.

Braking Bad screwed with this post 07-16-2010 at 10:05 AM
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #29
vinsonrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok so everyone knows someone, or someplace, when are we all gonna meet up and run some back roads. (i grew up on the mean streets of center city Equinunk I aint skeered)
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #30
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsonrider
Ok so everyone knows someone, or someplace, when are we all gonna meet up and run some back roads. (i grew up on the mean streets of center city Equinunk I aint skeered)
LOL I can't wait to meet you! I'm completely broke ATM, but I'm expecting some cash any minute. You wanna meet up @ Matthew's when I get money'd up?