Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #31
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 682
OK, I just got a call from the guy who owes me money. He says he's coming @ 6 PM. So if he shows up on time, I'll be down @ Mathew's soon after. I'll post here when I'm leaving.
Braking Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #32
vinsonrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Yea aint I cool..... LOL Maybe next sunday? If anyone is listening out there we could all pick a common spot and time and whoever shows up shows up.....? I have run the river road alot and also the road from Jensons ledges to French woods although a 600 lb bike when there is still ice and snow on the trail makes lets say more interesting but I have never explored the NY side.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #33
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsonrider
Yea aint I cool..... LOL Maybe next sunday? If anyone is listening out there we could all pick a common spot and time and whoever shows up shows up.....? I have run the river road alot and also the road from Jensons ledges to French woods although a 600 lb bike when there is still ice and snow on the trail makes lets say more interesting but I have never explored the NY side.
The NY side is a whole lot smoother
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #34
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Oddometer: 107
Talking Jensens ledges ???

Do you mean Bouchouxville Rd?
I been taking that road about once a month from the parking area to NY 97.
Last month it was a bit rough, but not unpassable with my KLR.

The last time I attempted to ride up to Jensens Ledges there was a large tree going across the road and I couldn't see a viable way to ride in the woods around it, But that was several months ago. I haven't tried the long Eddy way up to the ledges in a few years.

I took the river road from LordVille on the PA side to Kellums bridge during the spring and it was unchanged. Passible but not at speed.
From Kellums bridge to Callicoon the river road is very passable even at speed. I ride this road on average weekly.

Where ever you want to meet or ride to Chris, I'm there.

Well, just back from shopping at Pecks in Callicoon. Time to go down to the basement and wipe down the bike.

It is so nice to be able to bring the bike into the house. Now if I only had TV and good tunes down there, but oh well I cant have everything.

I hope that you all have a great weekend.
johnnygequinunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #35
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Well,......

Both Saturday and Sunday I looked for Capt Crunch around Callicoon.
Oh well, I guess we will run into eachother when we least expect it.

I hope all is well with you Critter/ aka Scott.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #36
vinsonrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Hey capt. if your looking for John just keep your eye out for the guy who makes a KLR look the size of an old xr75 lol. For me im on a custom black and white adveture strom.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #37
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking ya know Chris......

Your the second one to tell me I am one of the few people to make a KLR look small.
The other person was on a beemer 1200 adventure just outside of east branch last summer.

Thinking of a larger bike, but I think the KLR is about all I can drag sideways out of a bog. ( Yes, had to do it once. )

If ya think I make the KLR look small, you should see me on my little FZ. Lol

( People look and think, " Holy crap look at that big guy on that tiny bike. Cool bike.) Lol

Like a 400 lb gorrilla on a mini bike. Lol

But the little FZ feels so good to ride. Like a bike you slip onto like a well fitting glove. I miss her. She will be fixed like new or better once I get back on the road. Then the old DT gets a trip to Speed and Sport in Bloomsburg. ( I think thats what they are called. )
Plus the Old Dodge pickup needs some new shoes and a few things.
And the contour needs to go over to Joey's while I'm on the road.
So many projects.
So much got put on the back burner when I had to take time off to look after my mom.

Well. The Lucas oil treatment was the cure for the KLR starting to use oil.
Sunday the temp was pefect for her as I think she finaly sucked any extra oil off her air filter. ( She was running a bit off at slow speeds, but was fine at normal speed limits or faster.)
I checked the oil level on sunday and besides looking a bit dirty was at proper level with over 1000 miles since last oil/filter change.

Yes, I know I need a liter bike for my size, but I guess I will just have to see what is avalible on E-bay when I have some money avalible.

Well, Chris. You decide where to meet or ride to yet?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #38
Braking Bad OP
Banned

Sorry I keep missing you Johnny. Been keeping any eye out for a big guy on a KLR. Had a bout of depression this last week, for about 6 different reasons and I'll spare you the details. So I haven't been around Callicoon too much, and I was banned from here for a week so couldn't PM you guys when I was going to town. Got barred from Matthew's due to getting in a beef with one of the regulars over taking pics in the bar. Mf''r had the nerve to accuse me of being some kind of pervert.....and that don't fly with me. So it was either get into a barroom brawl, which never ends well.....or leave. So I left, and when I went back after a week or so I was met outside by a couple of the regulars and politely told I'm not allowed in there anymore. I know that half the reason for this was that a lot of guys feel threatened by my social skills with women. I'm very comfortable and friendly around them, and they like me for my blue eyes. So I chat them up and monopolize their attention, and the guys get jealous. They can't stand the competition. That has gotten me into numerous barfights over the years, but I'm to crippled up to win one anymore with bare hands, so I don't hang out too much in the bars.

Lately I been going over and hanging out with Joe, the owner of the Western Hotel. He generally hangs out on the patio in the afternoon and smokes his cigars & drinks his neer-beer. He's usually up for some good company and lively discussions about all kinds of subjects. He readily admits to being arrogant & opinionated, but he's got the right, cause he's very intelligent & experienced and well read. I like hanging out with him cause we are a lot alike, and we understand eachother.

So if you guys wanna arrange to meet up some time next week when I'm money'd up again, we can go hang with Joe. There's beverage at the liquor store if ya want alcohol, and non-alcohol drinks from the restaurant. The only thing you can't get there is beer. The patio is a cool spot to hang out and watch all the comings and goings in Callicoon.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #39
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Talking I hope all is well with you.

I am sorry that we haven't gotten together.
This last weekend I was busy up at the motorcycle races up in Hancock.

I hope that your money problems are all ok and you haven't let that depression get too much of a hold on you.

Well, hopefully I will see you soon.

John
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #40
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,978
thanks for posting this. just added callicoon to my ride to the trans lab highway in 2 weeks
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #41
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,555
thanks for the tip on callicoon. i'll be riding up 97 on my way for a short little jaunt through southern ny (about as far as corning) and then south into pa to see this "grand canyon" they have there. I was thinking about staying in hancock or deposit but maybe i'll cut it short and try callicoon.
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #42
john m flores
john m flores

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braking Bad View Post
This is "Hawk's Nest," a stretch of Rt. 97 south of Callicoon about 7 miles. You may recognize it, cause it has been on innumerable car commercials. It's VERY fun to ride

[/U]
That's a nice photo of Hawk's Nest. I should know, because it's mine:

I'm ok with individuals and charity organizations using this photo, all I ask is that I get a photo credit and a link back to my Flickr page. Please edit your post or remove the photo.

Thanks