Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #76
JayElDee
not saying what I mean

Oddometer: 596
Hi, Joe,
Stunning shots, big thanks.

HOw do you carry your camera equipment (and tripod?) on the bike and are those hand held or tripod? gorillapod?

Both of those lenses are pretty good sized.

Looking for more from you--you should post those in the Nikon sections of photo.net

John
JayElDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #77
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer: 693
Stress relief, perfect weather and the border patrol

After a week of self induced stress, when i woke up yesterday morning and looked out upon the day I knew it was going to be a perfect one for riding

I just wanted to ride, no stops besides fuel and no camera, I did however relent and took the canon p & s and headed North.

After a couple hours I came around a corner full tilt boogie and up ahead there were flashing lights, orange traffic cones and men in uniform, state troopers, sheriffs and border patrol WTF i,m at least 75 miles from the border. After checking the inspection and plate stickers it suddenly became Q & A.

Border Patrol - where are you coming from

Me - Debating if I should reply - Yo no Hablo Ingles - I quickly decided humor was not an option here, so I answered a few questions and was soon on my way

Yes i did ask if I could take a picture to which the reply was - We're done here, move on.

So I did, it was too perfect a day to wastye, temps ranged from 65 in the morning to 74 by the time i returned home

So one stop for the law, 1 for gas and 2 for pics......

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

The Adirondacks and Beyond

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:33 AM
prometheus rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #78
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

dave6253 & JayelDee thanks for stopping by

JayElDee - I carry the camera and lenses in a back pack, not ideal however I do have a wunderlich seat bag on order and we'll see how that works, never carry a tripod or any support on the bike, I'll bump the iso
brace the best I can if need be on the bike, my knees, the ground etc. Certain shots like the sunrise in the preceding post I do use a tripod, these I take from home just before leaving or on return to document
the beginning and end of the ride. Oh and I bracket, bracket, bracket, if I get one shot out of 50 with the Nikon that I like I.m satisfied

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:33 AM
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #79
MoisheLettvin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Great pictures! I grew up in Massachusetts and I miss summertime in the northeast. Something really special about the air and the sounds that time of year you just don't get out west. Your pics bring it back for me.
MoisheLettvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #80
Dragonflylily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
The photograph of the sun rising over the field of wildflowers is so pleasing to the eye. Breathtaking work, thanks for continuing to share.

I've hiked the past few mornings & if I were to stand still long enough with a camera I'm quite sure I'd be devoured by horsefly's.

08 DL1000
Dragonflylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #81
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus rising
So I did, it was too perfect a day to wastye, temps ranged from 65 in the morning to 74 by the time i returned home
Lucky You.

I did about 300 miles Saturday, (will post a report soon), started at 6:30am it was 79, got back at around 4:00 pm it was 106.
Elder_Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #82
rides2little
Posts2Little

Oddometer: 211
You are making me homesick. But in a good way. 20+ years away and you photos take me right back. Thanks again and keep it up.
rides2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #83
MonkeyboyVT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275

Amazing photography!
MonkeyboyVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #84
Luna Tique
dreamer of adventure

Oddometer: 142
Your photos are amazing, your captions were perfect and your writing style made for an very enjoyable read.
Thank you.

www.twowheelfemales.com
Luna Tique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #85
flyingz06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Love the Tea Party sign!!! AMEN to them. Nice ride report :)
2008 Yamaha WR250
flyingz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #86
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

MoisheLettvin, elder rogue, rides2little, Monkeyboyvt, Luna Tique, dragonflylily, flyingz06 - many thanks for dropping by and the comments

Elder Rogue, I don't envy the heat you have now, but I sure will when old man winter rolls around up here.

dragonflylily - it has been a killer year for horse flys

flyingz06 - love your politics

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:34 AM
Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #87
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

A day at the Races

August 11th was this years date for the annual bash a friend of mine throws every year at The Saratoga Race Track.

Now this is an epic event, not to be missed under any circumstances as it involves good friends, great food, large quantities of alcohol and lasts from 12:30 p.m. into the wee hours of the morning.

Due to these factors the bike stays home and we always elect designated drivers.

However, I did have a window until 11:00 where I could cosolodate my morning's errands with the bike. So I planned out a scenic route that would include all the stops I needed to make.

And when I rolled out of bed I realized it was indeed going to be ...

A Glorious Day

I dropped by the track for a few minutes to watch the morning work outs

I'll post a bit more later because now the morning is growing late and I am headed out for a ride

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:34 AM
Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #88
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

After leaving the track I stopped for breakfast and coffee. Next stop was a town to the North to drop off some paperwork, instead of the slab I used back roads one of which follows a bit of the Hudson River where you find the Spier Falls dam.

Completed in 1903 it was at the time the largest stone dam in the U.S. It is said each stone was so precisely placed that it has never needed repair,

A few more shots of the river...

As I was returning to the bike a movement in the right corner of my peripheral vision turned out to be ...

This

Then it was off to complete the days errands , in short order I was done and my return route included a stop along the canal system

Enter

Exit

It only takes about 5 minutes for the lock to fill up and the boat to be on its way and when it was on its way I was on mine.

Home in time to shower and shave and it was off to the racetrack. As this part of the day was not motorcycle related I do not include any pics, I did however manage to win a couple of hundred dollars

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:35 AM
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #89
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 26,804
The next time you're in Glens Falls I'd really appreciate it if you could post a few pics of a pair of Dirty John's hotdogs. Just a photo will bring back the yummy goodness and heartburn I so dearly miss. Thanks.
Hannda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #90
ChiaPat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Wow, great pics and reports!

I just took my family camping last week at the Whiteface KOA, and now I can't wait to return on the bike.

Thanks, and keep it coming!
ChiaPat is offline   Reply With Quote