Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #15136
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmills View Post
Hey fbj,
got a random question for you...
would those hand guards be these ones, by any chance?

Did they need any bodging to fit, and do they fit with the standard levers?

Thanks.
Yep those are them. I also have the extra spoiler added for a little more wind protection.
Link for spoiler- http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/AC...SPOILERS-BLACK

No the install is simple. All original equipment can stay. I used the stock threaded bar ends and reused the bolts that came with it.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #15137
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Thanks for the quick reply mate, thats that sorted then.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #15138
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Something to pay attention to on the tank bags is if they are positioned correctly for you to be able to stand. I come from a dirtbike background and when I stand I tend to lean forward. My tank bag has to set way way forward. All of them I've seen in the last several pages would not be positioned correctly in my opinion. I'm sure body geometry and other variables are involved but I would go for a good ride to make sure its all good...
I was thinking the same thing. My tank bag gets mounted as far forward as possible too without obscuring the ignition. Even so my thighs tend to press against it when standing -- but at least I can stand in a natural position. Any further back and standing becomes very awkward.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #15139
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
So when I look at all those bags in recent posts... They are at the rear of the tank. When I am riding the bucking Tiger (or trying to turn on a gravel road even lol) I grab that tank with my knees... right on those triangular extensions of the seat.

Unless I'm on a downhill, I'm intimate with my tank bag. Not a problem unless it's really steep -- I get skeered of ledges on hills or a steep bit, even with momentum, and end up throwing my nads into the bag to keep the front wheel down. But hey, the bag, she never complains. I think I saw her smiling a little.

I think the moral of the story for me is, if you want to use a decently sized tank bag, and hit a steep climb, you're gonna be fucking your tank bag. So get an attractive one like my Bags Connection City. A pleasing rosy colour on the inside (aren't they all).

lol.

Signed,
Chris the bag-fucker.
You should inject some of your humor to all threads, on this site.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #15140
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,444
Quote:
So Snapper what's the velcro on the inside of the lid for? I think it's just for grabbing my headlamp strap and annoying me when I want to crab my camera or phone out.
I don't have a clue there Mr Chris... looks like the other half is just above that rear pocket too?

Maybe their just sensation enhancers for when you're doing the deed on those hillclimbs?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #15141
briansoren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
What is this bracket? Did you fashion one or buy one? I'm not super creative 'making' things for my bike, and I'd really like to get my tool tube mounted.

I like all the things you've done, I have many of the same mods as you.

I'm heading up the slab to grab some Powerball tickets today, going to be a chilly one.
It's fashioned out of 1"x1/8" aluminum from Home Depot for $8. The stock plastic mounts seem that they would break very easily if you are riding any type of dirt. It's really stout now. I trust it with any upcoming abuse.
briansoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #15142
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
I don't have a clue there Mr Chris... looks like the other half is just above that rear pocket too?

Maybe their just sensation enhancers for when you're doing the deed on those hillclimbs?
lol... for extra grip on those long, lonely climbs...

I'm sure there's a point. If I pit the inside of the lid stuck to that spot above the rear pocket it makes me think.... "drying out the bag by keeping it open" maybe?
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #15143
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Something to pay attention to on the tank bags is if they are positioned correctly for you to be able to stand. I come from a dirtbike background and when I stand I tend to lean forward. My tank bag has to set way way forward. All of them I've seen in the last several pages would not be positioned correctly in my opinion. I'm sure body geometry and other variables are involved but I would go for a good ride to make sure its all good...

This is kind of a good pic to explain how I have mine. The front of the bag kisses the handlebars. When I'm in full turn the corners of the bag touch the bars. The little flap that hangs down by the ignition is tucked away right next to the key. I have to move it a little to start the bike.

Yeah that looks like mine except for the bag being slightly larger and the rear of the bag is vertical rather than sloped away like yours. and apparently I need some stickers too!
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #15144
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Quote:
Yeah that looks like mine except for the bag being slightly larger and the rear of the bag is vertical rather than sloped away like yours. and apparently I need some stickers too!
Are you speaking of the yellow on the tank or the stickers on the frame? Yellow on the tank is to protect the tank from getting all scratched to hell on my long journey. I used a vinyl dirt bike fender graffic and it worked perfect. Stickers on the frame are to protect it from my boots. I need frame guards bad!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #15145
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Giant Loop Fandango Tank Bag

Does anybody have the Giant Loop Fandango Tank bag? It looks like it might be a good fit for the Tiger's tank with the sloped design. Worth $160?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #15146
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
Does anybody have the Giant Loop Fandango Tank bag? It looks like it might be a good fit for the Tiger's tank with the sloped design. Worth $160?
I guess you missed my photos and comments a page back??? I have both the Fandango and the smaller Diablo...well made and fine as basic bags...meaning they don't have 37 compartments, power outlets, espresso machine and toilet paper dispenser...

Cheers
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #15147
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraUnFirma View Post
I guess you missed my photos and comments a page back??? I have both the Fandango and the smaller Diablo...well made and fine as basic bags...meaning they don't have 37 compartments, power outlets, espresso machine and toilet paper dispenser...

Cheers
Oops, I thought I was keeping up to date, but missed your previous post. Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at the smaller Diablo as I don't like big tank bags.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #15148
briansoren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Oops, I thought I was keeping up to date, but missed your previous post. Thanks for the input. I'll have a look at the smaller Diablo as I don't like big tank bags.
I have the Diablo. See post #15054 for a picture of it. Great bag! Doesn't get in the way when standing on the pegs and keeps the water out when you seam seal(included with the bag).
briansoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #15149
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
I do. Love it. Great fit and very functional. It has held up well too. Not waterproof.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #15150
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,895
Quote:
Stickers on the frame are to protect it from my boots. I need frame guards bad!
You can get rolls of this on Amazon in various sizes and it works pretty well.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote