Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #15286
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mint julep View Post
yes, use it with Oxford heat grips, easy plug & play.
eastern beaver makes a great plug that fits oem triumph harness.
Me too
Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #15287
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
All of the tiger info is so spread out now. I can't keep track of where to post... anyway,

A little sneak peak!!!

Whilst I acknowledge that you'd be covering up the bling and hiding the pose factor but I'd be wrapping that in a shock sock straight away to help preserve it.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #15288
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Whilst I acknowledge that you'd be covering up the bling and hiding the pose factor but I'd be wrapping that in a shock sock straight away to help preserve it.
not a bad idea.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #15289
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
not a bad idea.
Not a big fan of shock socks so....I'd sooner put one of those Acerbis flaps on before I put a shock sock on. YMMV....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #15290
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTiger800 View Post
You can order the switch and sum- harness from Bike Bandit
http://www.bikebandit.com/2012-trium...4257#sch739346
Don't think the oxford grips will work with the triumph switch - that's where the logic is

Sent from my Tiger 800
KildareMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #15291
IndyTiger800
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
You could splice the switch harness into the controller. Or run the control wires to the hot side of the harness before the relay, and not get the switch.
IndyTiger800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #15292
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
handguards

I want handguards for my roadie to block the wind and rain. I was prepared to pay for the barkbuster storms, but most places are out of stock from what I've seen.

Is there any reason why I couldn't just order some of the MUCH cheaper moose aluminum handguards with the fat bar mounts and mount them on my tiger? What am I missing here? Why are the barkbuster / touratechs so freaking expensive?

I have the moose setup on my motard CRF 450, so maybe I'll try swapping them over to see...
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #15293
andoulli
CAJUN

Oddometer: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmenF1 View Post
I have the heated grips otion and they warm up very good.

BUT : I have the feeling my throttle handle is harder to turn when the heat in on..... Somebody also experience this ;.?

br

Omen
My throttle stuck so bad when my heat was on it acted like a throttle lock. I placed a small stainless washer between grip and hand guard mount, problem solved.
andoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #15294
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Not a big fan of shock socks so....I'd sooner put one of those Acerbis flaps on before I put a shock sock on. YMMV....
I'm really not either. All Ohlins is lifetime warranty so that helps. I already have the Acerbis flap. I'm going to roll with that for a while unless I see a need for more protection.
fbj913 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #15295
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 619
Or buy one of these things

http://www.triumph-sbf.de/Dateien/pr...76ba9ee1ae732e

seems a neat solution and not as prone to breaking as the larger huggers.
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #15296
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I want handguards for my roadie to block the wind and rain. I was prepared to pay for the barkbuster storms, but most places are out of stock from what I've seen.

Is there any reason why I couldn't just order some of the MUCH cheaper moose aluminum handguards with the fat bar mounts and mount them on my tiger? What am I missing here? Why are the barkbuster / touratechs so freaking expensive?

I have the moose setup on my motard CRF 450, so maybe I'll try swapping them over to see...
I tried the Ascerbis, but the aluminum bar was hitting the brake reservoir, don't know about the Mooses (Meese?)
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #15297
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

I'll just add a quick comment. I actually researched the whole hand guard issue at length before I bought my Barkbusters. I couldn't figure out why BB through TwistedThrottle were so much more than buying from BB.

I emailed BB and they spelled it out for me. Basically the Tiger has a different bar contour along with the placement of its controls so all the normal configurations don't match up. BB designed a special set to simply bolt up to the Tiger bars. That's what you're paying for.

I bit the bullet and bought them and it was worth every penny. I also got the bar end weights which are awesome too but did require me to purchase some additional bolts. I'll try to elaborate more later.

p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #15298
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Or buy one of these things

http://www.triumph-sbf.de/Dateien/pr...76ba9ee1ae732e

seems a neat solution and not as prone to breaking as the larger huggers.
Holy crap 149 Euros!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #15299
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
I'll just add a quick comment. I actually researched the whole hand guard issue at length before I bought my Barkbusters. I couldn't figure out why BB through TwistedThrottle were so much more than buying from BB.

I emailed BB and they spelled it out for me. Basically the Tiger has a different bar contour along with the placement of its controls so all the normal configurations don't match up. BB designed a special set to simply bolt up to the Tiger bars. That's what you're paying for.

I bit the bullet and bought them and it was worth every penny. I also got the bar end weights which are awesome too but did require me to purchase some additional bolts. I'll try to elaborate more later.

p3
I have bark busters on my tiger and I completely, utterly HATE them. They don't fit unless you bend them a bit here and there, and then they are tight as buggery and require moving the banjo on the master brake cylinder -- no answer for the kink in the clutch cable. You can either run your levers too high or too low or else wedge the clutch cable over the mount.

Perhaps the fact that they suck on Tigers is why there is this "special set". DO NOT BUY THEM otherwise unless you're a short person perhaps things might line up for you then. I've been close to buying a second set of HDB guards and I'm still suffering because I don't want to throw away my investment. And I feel like I should use the Aussie product but it's hurting me let me tell you.
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #15300
mjr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
I have bark busters on my tiger and I completely, utterly HATE them. They don't fit unless you bend them a bit here and there, and then they are tight as buggery and require moving the banjo on the master brake cylinder -- no answer for the kink in the clutch cable. You can either run your levers too high or too low or else wedge the clutch cable over the mount.

Perhaps the fact that they suck on Tigers is why there is this "special set". DO NOT BUY THEM otherwise unless you're a short person perhaps things might line up for you then. I've been close to buying a second set of HDB guards and I'm still suffering because I don't want to throw away my investment. And I feel like I should use the Aussie product but it's hurting me let me tell you.
Send them my way if you don't want them.........
mjr is offline   Reply With Quote