Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #15796
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookmark View Post

I went with the Triumph front mudguard extension, and it seems good. I've never seen the Pyramid fenda extenda in person.
I bought the Triumph front fender extension but don't like the mounting system. How did you mount/attach yours?
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #15797
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
I bought the Triumph front fender extension but don't like the mounting system. How did you mount/attach yours?
Nothing wrong with the mounting system. Mine's still there two years on. That same mounting system has also held an extender to my 955 for over 10 years.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #15798
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
This may seem like a dumb question but what the hell, its the internet right?

I've narrowed my bike purchase to two different bikes with the Tiger 800 XC at the top of the list. This bike will be used for main transportation (still have a truck for the nasty/lazy days) and some mild off-roading, think day-tripping. Will this bike need any mods in the beginning or is it GTG? Other than bags obviously, are there some stock components that are considered weak and should be replaced before they break and cause more damage? I am an experienced rider but new to adventure bikes. I've been riding motocross and street bikes for 35yrs but never a big dirtbike! Pretty excited actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm stopping by my local Triumph dealer (again) and I'll check out a few options. Would you go with Triumph accessories or aftermarket? I would be nice to add these items at time of purchase but I'm pretty handy with a wrench and can install after if need be.
Also, what is a good site to check out 800 XC goodies?
The guy's replies above cover most of it. Hand guards, skid plate and engine bars to get you going.
I went with the SWmotech bash plate because it covers the oil filter but you can still get the filter off without removing the skid plate. A win-win IMO. http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...typid=89566482

blacktiger screwed with this post 02-14-2013 at 01:55 AM
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 AM   #15799
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
Where are you finding the Barkbusters, they have been out of stock since I bought my xc. TT says maybe at the end of the month, please check back......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I got the replacement plastics I needed after I hit a deer from England:

http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...rkbusters.html

Overall it was about 10 bucks more including expedited shipping (ordered on Sunday, they were at the house yesterday). Same speed shipping from Twisted Throttle would have been the same price if they had them in stock, which they don't.
If you avoid the English deer, another possible source for Barkbusters could be SWmotech. Their guards are rebranded Barkbusters.
http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+prod...index,s200.htm
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #15800
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
I have a question regarding the centerstand on a Roadie.

Before I had my accident, I had a centerstand with the two rubber bumpers at the lower end of both the centerstand legs. Now, as a replacement I got a centerstand with no bumpers at all on the stand.

When I go to http://www/bikebandit.com I can see both these listed, one is the "short" centerstand, one is just named centerstand.

What are you guys getting right from Triumph for a Roadie (not XC)? Care to share a photo?

Many thanks.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #15801
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
I have a question regarding the centerstand on a Roadie.

Before I had my accident, I had a centerstand with the two rubber bumpers at the lower end of both the centerstand legs. Now, as a replacement I got a centerstand with no bumpers at all on the stand.

When I go to http://www/bikebandit.com I can see both these listed, one is the "short" centerstand, one is just named centerstand.

What are you guys getting right from Triumph for a Roadie (not XC)? Care to share a photo?

Many thanks.

I just installed the center stand on my roadie last week. It has both the rubber bumpers.

I will post the part number later when I get home.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #15802
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 1,021
The one with no bumpers was the early version and replaced with the bumpered version late last year.
The early version had issues where it could hit the underside of the swing arm due to the spring not being sufficiently strong. All early versions should be replaced FOC by your Triumph dealer.

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #15803
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
The one with no bumpers was the early version and replaced with the bumpered version late last year.
The interesting question is why the one without bumpers is available as a new part at bikebandit.

I was totally aware of the recall of the old centerstands and I waited a few months to get mine because of that, but now I'm a little surprised that a dealer (Triumph dealership) would put a NEW centerstand on my bike that isn't the new latest one.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #15804
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
I just put a deposit on a Matte Khaki Green '13 Tiger XC.

I've got a couple questions though.

1. The dealership told me that ABS is now standard. The Triumph web site still shows it as optional. Which is it? The bike I'm buying has ABS, and although I could probably go either way on it, I'd like to know that my dealer is at least being honest with me.

2. This one has a black frame. Most literature (magazine reviews, brochures, ect) and a lot of online resources, shows it silver. Is this something new? When did the change take place?

3. Factory manuals...where can I buy one? I've found the downloadable one but prefer a hard copy.

Thanks!
2013 Tiger 800XC
Seventy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #15805
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post

1. The dealership told me that ABS is now standard. The Triumph web site still shows it as optional. Which is it? The bike I'm buying has ABS, and although I could probably go either way on it, I'd like to know that my dealer is at least being honest with me.

2. This one has a black frame. Most literature (magazine reviews, brochures, ect) and a lot of online resources, shows it silver. Is this something new? When did the change take place?

3. Factory manuals...where can I buy one? I've found the downloadable one but prefer a hard copy.

Thanks!
1. the way i understand it is that yes ABS is now standard.

2. the first run of XC's had silver frames. all of the 2011's and a few 2012's have silver. you want the black, the coating is more durable (want to trade? )

3. factory manual comes with the bike...
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #15806
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post

Thanks!
1. All bikes coming to the US have ABS. So while it maybe that the factory still considers it an option, you won't find any here without it.

2. The '12's came out with a graphite dark-gray frame, carried over to '13. The early ones had the silver frame.

3. I got a copy of a factory service manual that is very nicely done from this guy: http://www.sell.com/2683PJ
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #15807
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Eek

Quote:
The interesting question is why the one without bumpers is available as a new part at bikebandit.

I was totally aware of the recall of the old centerstands and I waited a few months to get mine because of that, but now I'm a little surprised that a dealer (Triumph dealership) would put a NEW centerstand on my bike that isn't the new latest one.
I have not had good luck with Bikebandit and getting the correct OEM parts. I once ordered a fairing for my 08 Sprint in the Pacific Blue color. They sent me a fairing for an 05 in Caspian Blue. It took me over 6 weeks and around a dozen calls to finally get the right part. Then they tried charging me restocking fees. They finally figured it out. They did not have the correct part number listed on their site for that model year. So now I always order OEM parts from my dealer and have never had a problem getting the right part. My salesman was even aware the center stand had been redesigned.

Maybe your dealer has the old ones left over in stock and threw it on?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #15808
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post

3. I got a copy of a factory service manual that is very nicely done from this guy: http://www.sell.com/2683PJ

I wished I did my online homework before buying the 95 dollar OEM Triumph one! Would have saved 50 bucks. But the OEM is a very nice manual. I am impressed how well it is laid out with the dividers.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #15809
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Maybe your dealer has the old ones left over in stock and threw it on?
They were supposed to send all these back to Triumph as far as I know. At the moment, I highly doubt that the one I have mounted at the moment (without bumpers) is any kind of new design that doesn't need the bumpers anymore. I'm fairly certain I got a wrong part.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #15810
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
They were supposed to send all these back to Triumph as far as I know. At the moment, I highly doubt that the one I have mounted at the moment (without bumpers) is any kind of new design that doesn't need the bumpers anymore. I'm fairly certain I got a wrong part.
My center stand KIT # is A9778014 CENTRE STAND KIT EVAP US ONLY

It also came with that EVAP canister bracket and another clip for the hoses that when I matched up are identical to the ones already on the bike? Not sure why those are even included in the kit?