Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #19816
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy Rider View Post
I like that nice job

If you mounted the braces on to the adjustable bolts some how, it would be perfect
Those were my 1st brackets. I altered them to match the adjustments for the screen. I'm now back to non adjustable as I've reverted to the standard screen with a Wunderlich lip.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #19817
akaDigger
Amateur Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
This quote is from the windshield thread. I agree with all the OP's subsequent comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
First long ride with the new windshield. Being able to adjust while on the move is awesome!!! I approve of the Givi

I'm 6' 3" with 34" inseam. I ride with the stock seat in the tall position. I found this windshield to be very nice. Night and day difference from stock. I only pull the screen up to block rain. It keeps the bad air off in the low position at any speed. It's called the "Givi Airflow". I paid only about $165 US for it but that was dealer cost 2yrs ago. It actually looks very compact on the bike.

Baja http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863001
Oaxaca http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866523
akaDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #19818
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

Oddometer: 1,721
Anybody want to help me test live video from El Tigre this afternoon and possibly witness incredible fail?

Going to take a little ride today through the Texas hill country. Will be pretty boring other than some nice scenery, but I'm prepping for my July trip to Canada and may do the live video thing for the sake of concerned family members.

I'm not real confident of the iPhone Camera quality, especially with vibration and it will be interesting to se how cellular bandwidth and such affect it.

If you'd like to ride along go to www.ustream.tv/channel/eljefeatx.

You can comment in the chat window. I'd like input on video quality, whether it seems viable and worth the effort.

You can also opt in to e-mail/twitter alerts any time I begin a broadcast if you're into that kind of thing. I doubt I'll do it a lot, but if I take an interesting ride, I'll probably broadcast it.
ElJefeATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #19819
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

False start with a dead battery (Grrrr). Gonna try again. Video should be live within 30-45 minutes of the timestamp on this post.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #19820
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
Anybody want to help me test live video from El Tigre this afternoon and possibly witness incredible fail?

Going to take a little ride today through the Texas hill country. Will be pretty boring other than some nice scenery, but I'm prepping for my July trip to Canada and may do the live video thing for the sake of concerned family members.

I'm not real confident of the iPhone Camera quality, especially with vibration and it will be interesting to se how cellular bandwidth and such affect it.

If you'd like to ride along go to www.ustream.tv/channel/eljefeatx.

You can comment in the chat window. I'd like input on video quality, whether it seems viable and worth the effort.

You can also opt in to e-mail/twitter alerts any time I begin a broadcast if you're into that kind of thing. I doubt I'll do it a lot, but if I take an interesting ride, I'll probably broadcast it.
Might want to carry a spot, that way you can send "OK" messages throughout the day and they can follow along on your trip.

http://international.findmespot.com/
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #19821
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefeATX View Post
False start with a dead battery (Grrrr). Gonna try again. Video should be live within 30-45 minutes of the timestamp on this post.
Video looked decent - wind noise was terrible. So this was you doing a livecast? Not bad. I hope you have the unlimited data plan.

The whole impetus to do this for family keeping in touch -- prob better off with Spot as the other inmate suggested. The livecast thing fails once you get out of suburbia.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #19822
ElJefeATX
OMGban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Video looked decent - wind noise was terrible. So this was you doing a livecast? Not bad. I hope you have the unlimited data plan.

The whole impetus to do this for family keeping in touch -- prob better off with Spot as the other inmate suggested. The livecast thing fails once you get out of suburbia.
Thanks for tuning in. I was hoping the Ustream software would pick up my Scala bluetooth mic. It might be able to and I just didn't set it up right. Gonna need some tweaks to see what I can get away with. Glad to hear it's at least useable.

I do have unlimited data.

Lost connection several times and the most annoying part of that was having to tap "OK" just to clear it off the screen. Not done with my current gloves. Gonna have to get some conductive gloves, or thread to sew into my current gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Might want to carry a spot, that way you can send "OK" messages throughout the day and they can follow along on your trip.
If it were a gnarly off-road adventure I'd definitely do the Spot, but the Canada trip is a road trip all the way and if anything happens I'm not going to need to send out a worldwide distress signal. I'll have emergency contact info on me at all times, and I've set up a facebook page specifically for posting at the beginning and end of each day (as well as stops in between), as well as for pictures, video etc. to share. I'll probably even use one of those "locate your friends" apps that I otherwise would avoid like the plague, and let family track me via the smart phone.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #19823
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,101
Question for anyone that has removed their fuel pump assembly from their fuel tank.
Were you able to re-use the sealing ring without issue when reinstalling the fuel pump? The manual unsurprisingly states to replace with new but in many other instances where the manual recommends the same you can (and I have) get away with reusing the old seal/gasket/o-ring.
Thanks
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #19824
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Question for anyone that has removed their fuel pump assembly from their fuel tank.
Were you able to re-use the sealing ring without issue when reinstalling the fuel pump? The manual unsurprisingly states to replace with new but in many other instances where the manual recommends the same you can (and I have) get away with reusing the old seal/gasket/o-ring.
Thanks
We have had the fuel pump on our development 800XC on & off several times, as we have been developing a Rear Fuel Tank to suit the Tiger & 800XC.
We have re-used the OEM nitrile seal with no problems in conjunction with another seal to gain access to the front tank using a billet adaptor.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:44 AM   #19825
motonut
Old Guy

Oddometer: 62
Did not know that!

KTMMitch,

I was unaware of the existence of your very trick and good looking fuel cell for the Tiger 800. Nice! Very nice!

Were I ready to plan a big trip 'round the countryside, it would be the first farkle I'd buy for that need.

M-nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We have had the fuel pump on our development 800XC on & off several times, as we have been developing a Rear Fuel Tank to suit the Tiger & 800XC.
We have re-used the OEM nitrile seal with no problems in conjunction with another seal to gain access to the front tank using a billet adaptor.
motonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:44 AM   #19826
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,101
Thank you.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #19827
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,470
Quote:
One thing that worries me about the pump is the built in filter. I've read on KTM950/990 forums that there's a bypass mod because everything stops when the filter gets clogged. Did you look at that whilst you had it all apart?

Might be interested in your fuel cell at some stage. Looks good.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #19828
Solohobo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
That is a nice fuel cell set up indeed

FYI- Triumph USA has a Value Added Package for the 2013's until end of March, which includes a free Top Box, Mount Kit, Heated Grip Kit and Adjustable High Windscreen, in addition to any discounts the dealer may have on the 800/XC, which most are discounting remaining 2013's with a $750 to $1000 incentives.

Also, the 2013 Demo Package for the Roadie 800, to many dealers, was a accessory package instead of a Dealer Demo Credit (2014 models have no Dealer Demo Credits anymore across the Triumph line). The Demo Accessory Package to dealers was: Engine Bars, High Adjustable Windscreen, Tank Pad, and Headlight Lens protector.

So, if you find a Demo Roadie for sale, it should have these items on it. Many dealers did not even know they had these, and the Parts Dept just filed it away, not knowing it was was meant for the Demo. So inquire about that, as the Demo may have a box somewhere in the parts Dept with these items in it
Adventure Travel to Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, China, Honk Kong, Macau, France, Italy, EU, Morocco, Turkey, USA National Parks, camping, fishing, hiking, surfing, scuba diving, trekking, river rafting, new cultures, new cuisine, new languages.
Solohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #19829
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
[QUOTE=blacktiger;23782939]One thing that worries me about the pump is the built in filter. I've read on KTM950/990 forums that there's a bypass mod because everything stops when the filter gets clogged. Did you look at that whilst you had it all apart?

Might be interested in your fuel cell at some stage. Looks good.[/QUOTE

To be honest, I never saw a filter, but am fitting a kit soon to another Tiger 800, so will look at it when I drop the fuel pump out.
We have pretty much done all we need to do on the KTM 690 Enduro model, so we decided that the Triumph 800 Tiger & XC would be our next weapon of choice, so we bought one last year to assess it, and areas that could be improved.
One of the first things we noticed was the very short fuel range, for an adventure bike.That is how we ended up with our Rear Tank Kit, it holds 8 litres and can be swapped on and off in a couple of minutes.
We also have some nice billet parts in production as well.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 AM   #19830
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,470
Quote:

To be honest, I never saw a filter,
It's burried in the housing somewhere.
The worry I have is that on my Tiger955, and all 955 models, + oil head BMWs, there's a Mahle KL145 filter on the fuel intake which is a 12K mile service item. Now, suddenly, it's OK to have a filter that lasts the lifetime of the bike/pump.