They look like rox risers to me.
JTucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #5899
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Where are you guys pulling switched power from under the seat for a relay?
Tail light, on the 800 Road it is the yellow wire (+), black wire is (-) and the green wire is brake light.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #5900
bondatomic
expert noob

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedesco886 View Post
Every time I change my oil I tell myself I'm going to get a new washer...after 20,000 miles and 6-7 oil changes on my Speed Triple 1050 there is still no oil leak from using the stock washer. I just flip it everytime to make myself feel better:oP

Thanks for the advice, folks. I just dropped the drain plug for a few seconds, reinstalled with the same washer, and took it for a ride. Oil level is good, no leaks, all is well. Going for a ride tomorrow! Getting out of Waterloo and finding some roads in Wisconsin...
bondatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #5901
lapi
STRider..ADVWannaBe

Oddometer: 29
Had a test ride on a tiger 800. felt almost as comfortable as my WeeStrom. Definitly liked how much lighter it felt. But, it seemed so tight. I could feel every little crack and bump in the road. Also, the throttle was too responsive to on.off jerking me around. I had a headache after 15mins of riding . . and I'm pretty good with the throttle. Last issue was the heat, again after 15mins of riding I was worried the bike was gonna blow. Dealer said this is an issue likely to be resolved later soooo..

Any Wee riders here convert to the T800> My goal is the R1200GS. I want more power. Love everything about the R1200 except cost, ost of maintenance etc. Is the T800 or T800XC a good option?
lapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #5902
TriplePete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
First real ride

I finally got my XC on some real dirt. I am a novice dirt rider so I just stuck to forest service roads but the conditions were semi-dry to slick. A few washboards a short section, loose gravel, and fog to boot. I am still breaking her in but at my skill level I wasnt going much more than 50 kph on the dirt for this ride. 3rd gear 70kph on the compact smooth stuff.

Stock OEM Battle Wings performed amazing better than I expected in the slippery stuff. But the engine is fantastic with lots of low end torque. The FI is wonderful on the street but a bit digital at time on the dirt. I left the ABS on and activated it a few time to try and stall the motor - no luck. With the rear ABS nipping the rear in first gear clutch engaged - the revs never even dropped!

Being a novice dirt rider, I was amazed how the Tiger made me feel so confident, the suspension did what it did and I didn't think to much about it. The engine and rear suspension got worked pretty hard struggling to find grip on the washboard sections, but she maintained her composure and kept me going up those hills. Going down hill was made easy too by the amount of engine braking the 800 has, didn't use very much brakes at all.

The only complaints I can think of is the windscreen buffet - so I took it off for now. And the handle bars seem a bit low for stand up riding.. I dunno, maybe it's just me... but I love this bike!

Link to pics. http://www.peterchowphotography.com/...959358_szZDmG6

The adventure starts when things stop going as planned.

http://fury.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
TriplePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #5903
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapi View Post
Had a test ride on a tiger 800. felt almost as comfortable as my WeeStrom. Definitly liked how much lighter it felt. But, it seemed so tight. I could feel every little crack and bump in the road. Also, the throttle was too responsive to on.off jerking me around. I had a headache after 15mins of riding . . and I'm pretty good with the throttle. Last issue was the heat, again after 15mins of riding I was worried the bike was gonna blow. Dealer said this is an issue likely to be resolved later soooo..

Any Wee riders here convert to the T800> My goal is the R1200GS. I want more power. Love everything about the R1200 except cost, ost of maintenance etc. Is the T800 or T800XC a good option?
Never had a Wee, but have to say the XC suspension was harsh for about 500 miles but now it has run in soaks up all those ripples beautifully and just smooths out all the potholes we have round here.

The throttle response was vastly improved when the latest map was installed, so I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the heat issues, several people have mentioned it, but the vast majority have not had a problem. In fact I haven't noticed any heat on my legs at all, unlike the Thruxton which could burn my legs through leathers if stuck in traffic.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #5904
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriplePete View Post
I finally got my XC on some real dirt. I am a novice dirt rider so I just stuck to forest service roads but the conditions were semi-dry to slick. A few washboards a short section, loose gravel, and fog to boot. I am still breaking her in but at my skill level I wasnt going much more than 50 kph on the dirt for this ride. 3rd gear 70kph on the compact smooth stuff.

but I love this bike!

Link to pics. http://www.peterchowphotography.com/...959358_szZDmG6

where is this? Maybe look into risers for the bars...I know I would have to add them...
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 AM   #5905
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight Who Says Ni View Post
I kind of like the "radioactive snot" color
Venom Yellow. It's the most exclusive.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #5906
Porky
Don't Pass Gas

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Talk to me about those bar risers.

Astute observation. Yes, as others have mentioned, 1 1/8" x 1/ 1/8 (28 mm) 2 inch rise fully adjustable Rox Risers. Threaded for two M-8, 1.25 pitch Ram Balls.

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

No fat chicks, fender will scrape.

Porky screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 11:55 AM
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #5907
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapi View Post

Went from wee to Tiger 1050 and now Tiger 800.
As you've already found the 800 is lighter, better handling and way more powerful than the wee. The suspension you either like or don't, I do. Get the XC if you want adjustments. The throttle comes with too much play out of the box in my opinion and is hard to regulate because of that. I adjusted both cables and have a much smoother response now.
Heat on the right hand side. No problems. Not going to go bang. I did 585km in one day last week and no worries. Can't see how Triumph can change that to be honest.

Wouldn't bother with a 1200gs, not even going to go down the slagging route. If you want one then get one.
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #5908
thumperpilot
Thumper Pilot

Oddometer: 5,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
Look like Rox risers:

Nice product!

Thanks for the link!

http://va16.smugmug.com/

thumperpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #5909
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by KildareMan View Post
Venom Yellow. It's the most exclusive.
My favorite by far!

Regards, Paul
Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 AM   #5910
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Astute observation. Yes, as others have mentioned, 1 1/8" x 1/ 1/8 (29 mm) 2 inch rise fully adjustable Rox Risers. Threaded for two M-8, 1.25 pitch Ram Balls.

Just to be clear, is that the product number 1R-P2PP?

And did you have to make any cable modifications?

The Jerk screwed with this post 05-24-2011 at 09:01 AM
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote