User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #9571
spewler
Not (w)reckless

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
OK, I said I was wrong and Im still getting beatin up about it.
Ain't karma a bitch...
Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #9572
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
And now for something completely different. Is anybody here running the Leo Vince LV One slip on in stainless? If so, any appreciable weight saving? How's the noise level with the quiet insert? The bike sounds great in stock form, but it would be nice to lose a few lbs.
Anything is a weight saving on the oem's 5.8 kg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #9573
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by spewler View Post
Ain't karma a bitch...

Karma? How so? I actually learned something and maybe someone else did too. So, I mark this one down as a win win.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #9574
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
And now for something completely different. Is anybody here running the Leo Vince LV One slip on in stainless? If so, any appreciable weight saving? How's the noise level with the quiet insert? The bike sounds great in stock form, but it would be nice to lose a few lbs.

I rode with a guy that runs one and we did about 1000 miles in 2 days. I stayed behind him on day 2 for the stretch home and I eventually just had to get in front of him and push him back. He did not have the silencer in and I wanted to rip my ear drums out it was so loud.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #9575
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
OK OK, I said I was wrong and Im still getting beatin up about it.
Fuck. I've never seen anyone get so reemed for being wrong about something.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #9576
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
I say whatever suits you best. I like mine on the Triumph GPS mount along with my Touratech locking mount. I had it center mounted on my Versys and that was fine also.
Care to share your thoughts on how the Versys and Tiger compare for you?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #9577
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Care to share your thoughts on how the Versys and Tiger compare for you?
I sold my Versys a few weeks ago but it was a great bike for the money. I really can't say anything bad about the Versys. The Tiger is just cooler looking, more refined and obviously has more power.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #9578
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I rode with a guy that runs one and we did about 1000 miles in 2 days. I stayed behind him on day 2 for the stretch home and I eventually just had to get in front of him and push him back. He did not have the silencer in and I wanted to rip my ear drums out it was so loud.
Thanks. Good to know. If I do go this route it will be with the insert in all of the time.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #9579
motonut
Old Guy

Oddometer: 62
Who built your seat?

JimJim,
Who was the source of your seat? Looks comfy. Tell us about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post

motonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #9580
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by motonut View Post
JimJim,
I want to know about the GPS and mount. Thanks,
Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #9581
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,357
JIMJIM, Ohio rider making waves! That seat does look great- elaborate! I think the stock seat is the most comfortable one I have ever ridden, but would like to know about yours too.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #9582
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
First of all let me explain a bit. I originally bought one of these for the R100GS (pile of unreliable shit) I had before my Tiger955i. It worked on that so when I bought the Tiger955i (with its crap windscreen) I tried to fit the 100GS one on but it wouldn't fit because of the angle and curvature of the Tiger screen. So I bought another one for the 1150GS which has a similar curved screen. Now, because I've had these a while and taken them to bits a few times, I don't know which bits are from what spoiler.
So, to the Tiger800. I assembled which ever bits would allow it to fit the 800 screen.
In conclusion, I can't say which one you should buy so beware. You really need to go and see if you can try them on somehow.

Now to answer your questions :-
1, It worked at kicking the wind higher but I didn't really like the look so I bought the fitting kit for the Palmer screen that I eventually got for the 955i.

2, yes it sort of clips on. The mount has slots in it and you just push it on to the top of the screen, then run the strap down to hook under the bottom edge of the screen and tighten to clamp it all in place.

3, the little hole you can see in my screen was an experiment where I was trying to box in the central channel in the screen to direct wind up and send the overall wind higher without the spoiler. It did seem to work to an extent but looked shit and I couldn't think of a way to make it look good so I gave up and fitted the Palmer as described above.
Thanks. Gives me something to think about. Still kills me how expensive a bit of plastic is...
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #9583
jimjim
Just another FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonut View Post
JimJim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasthomas View Post
JIMJIM, Ohio rider making waves! That seat does look great- elaborate! I think the stock seat is the most comfortable one I have ever ridden, but would like to know about yours too.
The stock seat and my ass never got along so I had Loren at Baldwin Motorbike Saddles build me a seat to my specifications. It wasn't cheap ($450) but I can now ride all day in total comfort. I went with memory foam and gel insert for rider seat and had him recover passenger pillion to match. Loren does great work, I had him build a seat for my Versys also.

Here's a better picture of the seat.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #9584
jimjim
Just another FF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
I want to know about the GPS and mount. Thanks,
Touratech locking GPS mounted mounted to Triumph GPS accessory mount.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1...-Locking-Black

It looks like Touratech now has a re-engineered Zumo 660 mount (V2.0) with a better locking mechanism, for more money of course.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #9585
ElNorto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
I have one. Its lighter for sure but I haven't weighed it. You can get the weight at their website and compare. It still looks like new after 10K miles. With the db killer in the noise is very tolerable. I can barely hear it over the gear whine at cruising speed ( I wear ear plugs all the time). With the db killer out its way too loud. I have not remapped other than having the latest anti stall map installed. It could be richened a bit as I have a bit of a lag when the motor is cold. Fine when warm though. I am leaning towards a Techclusion to play with mixture rather than use the Arrow map because it would be easier to switch it on and off or change it to suit conditions.
ElNorto is offline   Reply With Quote