Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #11236
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
IIRC Dealertool charges for an unlock code and their cable doesn't work with Tuneecu which is free and does the same job.
The tune ecu won't allow you to remove service icon. For some, the trips to the dealer to have it removed could add up fast.
Someone needs to corner the market with a tool that does it all for cheap.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #11237
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
The tune ecu won't allow you to remove service icon. For some, the trips to the dealer to have it removed could add up fast.
Or...just ignore it.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #11238
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
People buy a 12k motorcycle, add another 2 to 3k in farkles and complain about paying $120 bucks or so for a software (which is a tool just as much as a torque wrench)? Really? You gotta be kidding me.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #11239
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
People buy a 12k motorcycle, add another 2 to 3k in farkles and complain about paying $120 bucks or so for a software (which is a tool just as much as a torque wrench)? Really? You gotta be kidding me.
Most people cant buy $12,000 motorcycles by giving thier money away.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #11240
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Most people cant buy $12,000 motorcycles by giving thier money away.
Buying and riding motorcycles is a money burner, don't buy one if you can't afford it. It's always fun that people easily have $100 for a torque wrench, booze on a weekend, or whatever else, but claim that thousands of hours spent on developing a software should be free ... as a software developer myself I can't really like such people ...
Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #11241
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Buying and riding motorcycles is a money burner, don't buy one if you can't afford it. It's always fun that people easily have $100 for a torque wrench, booze on a weekend, or whatever else, but claim that thousands of hours spent on developing a software should be free ... as a software developer myself I can't really like such people ...

Did someone shit on your sturnum this morning? Just one hot steamer sraight on your chest? That would piss me off too. Where did you come from by the way? Your a BMW rider huh? I can see why your used to spending money on your motorcycles.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #11242
cug
--

Quote:
Did someone shit on your sturnum this morning? Just one hot steamer sraight on your chest? That would piss me off too. Where did you come from by the way? Your a BMW rider huh? I can see why your used to spending money on your motorcycles.
I'm not pissed at all. I just don't like people that want all software for free. A developer is spending thousands of hours on the software. Buy it or don't, but don't question the work going in there with saying it needs to be free or cheap.

It's often enough the same group of people spending a lot of money on "lifestyle" things, like alcohol, motorcycles, phones, ... And then say that they don't want to spend the money for a song, a movie, a piece of software. I think this is sad.

And your other comment: I didn't know I had to ask you for permission to read and write here. And if I had known, I still wouldn't care ...
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #11243
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
I'm not pissed at all. I just don't like people that want all software for free. A developer is spending thousands of hours on the software. Buy it or don't, but don't question the work going in there with saying it needs to be free or cheap.

It's often enough the same group of people spending a lot of money on "lifestyle" things, like alcohol, motorcycles, phones, ... And then say that they don't want to spend the money for a song, a movie, a piece of software. I think this is sad.

And your other comment: I didn't know I had to ask you for permission to read and write here. And if I had known, I still wouldn't care ...
Its all good, I see what your saying. I was just giving you a hard time. I've always wanted to ask if someone got shit on. You just gave me the right opportunity.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #11244
cug
--

Quote:
Its all good, I see what your saying. I was just giving you a hard time. I've always wanted to ask if someone got shit on. You just gave me the right opportunity.

To be clear: no, but it was a damn short night ...
Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #11245
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Quote:
Oh I see what your problem is. The next time I make a wisecrack about wanting another ob2 tool for cheap, I will check to make sure no software engineers are listening.
For the record, the dealertool is on my list, along with many other things.

On a different note, my leo vince showed up today!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #11246
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
Put new 705's on the XC today and rode it for 70 miles. Pretty good in the gravel so far.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #11247
turboICE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I think for windscreen comparisons you want his measurement from buttocks to top of helmet while sitting down. Inseam length is useful if you are discussing peg placement, but maybe too much variation from the crotch on up in each of us to use reliably when spending big bucks on windscreen mods? Just a thought.
Maybe I am missing something here but I always figured since we know our height and inseam readily that subtracting the two is a pretty good estimate of seated torso/head height. Yeah I know some might have more back than others but I think it is a pretty good estimate that if one is 6' and a 29" inseam and one is 6' with a 31" inseam it is fair to say the first one sits taller than the second. Or that someone that is 6'2" and 31" inseam sits pretty close to the height of the first one.
turboICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #11248
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,000
Quote:

Last time I checked, Tuneecu was not COTS software is it ? So, I guess some software engineers do it for the challenge
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #11249
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Last time I checked, Tuneecu was not COTS software is it ? So, I guess some software engineers do it for the challenge
Oh boy, here it comes. Another glorified IT guy is gonna go off about how hard their job is.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #11250
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
Ha!

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote