Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #11926
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
What the hell else are we going to talk about
For starters howabout a discussion on why Tigers don't like water.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #11927
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
what the hell else are we going to talk about
Wanna talk bakers percentages?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #11928
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
For starters howabout a discussion on why Tigers don't like water.
That is a long video, can you cut to the point? Please?
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #11929
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
That is a long video, can you cut to the point? Please?
Was kinda thinking the same, but I guess his point is that the Tiger rider mostly rides around the puddles. Instead of through them...
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #11930
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgunther View Post
Was kinda thinking the same, but I guess his point is that the Tiger rider mostly rides around the puddles. Instead of through them...
Thats what I gathered in the first 2 minutes as well... I go out out of my way to ride through puddles!! and with any luck the front wheels is off the ground while doing so
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 AM   #11931
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
The puddles were avoided to keep the camera lens clear for the viewer. Back to your regularly scheduled posi-lock programming.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #11932
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
The puddles were avoided to keep the camera lens clear for the viewer. Back to your regularly scheduled posi-lock programming.
so your comment of the tiger not liking water was really a refference about keeping the lense clean? throw some rain-x on there and blast through them all
Old 03-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #11933
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
so your comment of the tiger not liking water was really a refference about keeping the lense clean? throw some rain-x on there and blast through them all
Give that man a cigar. Thanks for the Rain-X idea.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #11934
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 903
I've ridden the route of that video many times (on a DRZ) and it is much rougher than it looks (video does not give a sense of inclination). Decent riders can find some sections a handful on much lighter bikes at much slower speeds. (Not me, of course.)
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #11935
fbj913
I ride

Installed my Unifilter last night. That was fun, not! But its done now so I'm thankful for that!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #11936
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,567
It gets easier every time, but I'm going to make a filter for my snorkel. I cut up & old dirtbike air filter & I'll stuff it (oiled of course) into that plastic piece. That way I can take it out & replace it without removing anything but the seat.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #11937
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
It gets easier every time, but I'm going to make a filter for my snorkel. I cut up & old dirtbike air filter & I'll stuff it (oiled of course) into that plastic piece. That way I can take it out & replace it without removing anything but the seat.

Thats a good idea. I'd be affraid to restrict the air too much though... I would almost rather route a snorkel all the way up under the rear seat to get it up high...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #11938
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Holan crash bars

So finally, after waiting a bit more than a month after the delivery of the actual bars the spacers have now arrived....

Gonna mount them this weekend (as long as there won't be a torrential downpour) and if anyone has any questions I might just as well document it and answer them as I go along.
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #11939
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,571
Quote:
So finally, after waiting a bit more than a month after the delivery of the actual bars the spacers have now arrived....

Gonna mount them this weekend (as long as there won't be a torrential downpour) and if anyone has any questions I might just as well document it and answer them as I go along.
As long as the arrived before you "needed" them!
skysailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #11940
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,567
Quote:
Thats a good idea. I'd be affraid to restrict the air too much though... I would almost rather route a snorkel all the way up under the rear seat to get it up high...
The piece I cut out fits that plastic diverter perfect. Not tight at all & the rubber part of the snorkel has a cross bar to keep it from getting sucked into the airbox. The problem with routing the snorkel to the rear seat is that the added length will make it harder to pull air. You would need to make the tubing a lot bigger diameter then the stock snorkel.