Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > British Beasts: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #12706
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Tiger is ready for the WHACO 2012 ride next weekend.

internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #12707
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
I had the same problem with the Amazon cable that Syspig had. My amazon cable did not work using the TuneECU drivers. I never installed the driver that came with the cable. The incorrect chipset would not allow the cable to work with TuneECU. As mentioned in previous post I bought the Ebay cable from "gameadvance". Just search "TuneECU cable Triumph" and you'll find it. Cost a little more, but guaranteed to work.
I got this cable and am now able to connect to my ecu. I read the current map that was loaded onto the motorcycle and saved it to my hard drive. I downloaded the latest map for the abs roadie (20634) but when I try to open this with tuneECU so that I can download it to my moto I get an error saying the file is corrupt (I think it also says it not supported). I tried downloading it several times but each time I get the corrupted error message. Has anyone seen this before and able to remedy it. I may try downloading the file from the website from my pc at work in case my anti-virus protection is causing the issue. Or, if anyone happens to have loaded this file onto your motorcycle maybe you could email me the file - pm me if so . Thanks
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #12708
SMIFFXC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post

Looks nice! Sweet tires. Have a great time.
SMIFFXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #12709
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
i got this cable and am now able to connect to my ecu. I read the current map that was loaded onto the motorcycle and saved it to my hard drive. I downloaded the latest map for the abs roadie (20634) but when i try to open this with tuneecu so that i can download it to my moto i get an error saying the file is corrupt (i think it also says it not supported). I tried downloading it several times but each time i get the corrupted error message. Has anyone seen this before and able to remedy it. I may try downloading the file from the website from my pc at work in case my anti-virus protection is causing the issue. Or, if anyone happens to have loaded this file onto your motorcycle maybe you could email me the file - pm me if so . Thanks

done!!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #12710
bondatomic
friend of motorbikes

Oddometer: 44
OEM Center Stand

I was at Team Triumph of Wisconsin today getting my steering bearings looked at and I asked about when the redesigned center stand would be made available. Turns out, they had one in stock for the 800 standard. So I bought it, it had the same part number as the previous stand. FYI if anyone was waiting for one.

PS- Team Triumph is the best dealer I've ever worked with.
bondatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #12711
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post

Totally. Bad. Ass.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #12712
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
done!!
Thanks a lot for sending that to but that file also did not work. I must have some other issue.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #12713
Simon Smith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Thanks a lot for sending that to but that file also did not work. I must have some other issue.
You need to install the latest version of tuneecu, the newest maps won't work on the old version.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #12714
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFXC View Post
Looks nice! Sweet tires. Have a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag_streak View Post
Totally. Bad. Ass.
Thanks guys, looking forward to the weekend.
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #12715
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Smith View Post
You need to install the latest version of tuneecu, the newest maps won't work on the old version.

Thanks, that was the issue. I had previously downloaded the latest version a couple of weeks ago but never removed the older version.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #12716
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
I move the XM between 3 bikes. On the Goldwing I have a dedicated antenna mounted below the windshield, on the Tiger and the FatBob, I use the magnetic antenna and just stick it on the tank-no problem with a signal and doesn't move around at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
[/COLOR]

I know! Thats why I was asking for pictures and ideas of where to mount it. 100 different options could be posted, that would be 99 more than I have now... thats all I'm looking for.
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #12717
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondatomic View Post
I was at Team Triumph of Wisconsin today getting my steering bearings looked at and I asked about when the redesigned center stand would be made available. Turns out, they had one in stock for the 800 standard. So I bought it, it had the same part number as the previous stand. FYI if anyone was waiting for one.

Yeah. I was at Precision Triumph in RI the other day. They had one in stock for my XC. They had more if anyone needs one!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #12718
Oddball
Starting over

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondatomic View Post

+1 on this. Just picked up a Tiger 800 XC from them least Friday and very happy.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #12719
Stein67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Testing the limits of the fuel gage.

Testing the limits of the fuel gage.

So, I swapped the new tube into the rear tire and set off for the gas station. Nearest is 8 miles from my house. Had two bars on the gauge, so figured all was well. Made it 7 miles on the gravel and stopped at the highway to turn to make the last mile. Bike ran rough, trying to idle at 300 rpm and died when I pulled in the clutch at the up to the stop sign. Tried four times to start it. It would bump to 300 rpm and then die again. I was starting to think stepper motor. Finally on the fifth try it started but I had to keep the revs up manually. Surprisingly it ran fine up the highway to the gas station. No stumbles at all under power but if I pulled in the clutch it would stumble and die. Let out the clutch in 6th while going down the highway and it fired up and ran smooth. Did this a couple of times just to see what would happen. It always died. Filled up and it took 4 gallons to the jail bars. Never stuttered or stumbled after getting gas and I did another 40 miles. In fact, after getting gas it started and idled perfectly. Manual says it has a 5 gallon tank but I don't know how full "full" is above the jail bars or how much was left with two bars on the fuel gauge. Low fuel light was on for a total of 10 miles but on my Daytona that usually meant one gallon. Bike ran perfectly under throttle but died at idle every time.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I threw away the little pieces of plastic that I was using to protect the rim from scratches. I figured, it's going to get scratched, I'm going to be switching between knobbies and roadies as needed and if I have a flat in the wild I won't have my little pieces of plastic. So, first scratch is there. I no longer have to worry about perfect rims. It's very liberating.

'12 800 XC
Stein67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #12720
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,752
I run mine to one bar all the time. Filled up yesterday @ 199.5 miles, 4.7 gallons. Computer said --- miles to empty. I always fill up to just above the bars. I have the Arrow can with the latest tune, mileage improved a little with this tune.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote