ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
PARTY BOSS™ OP
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
The 10th Annual ADVRider Eastern Rendezvous May 18th-22 2011

AS of 5/16/11There is still plenty of sign up spots left . I still have shirts in all sizes except 3x . So sign up fast!!!!!!!!!!
HERE WE GO AGAIN, RDV #10

COUNT DOWN CLOCK http://xrl.in/6sd2

One of five ride threads from last year http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580390

An ORIGINAL PARTY BOSS™ Production

OUR BEAUTIFUL LOCATION IS RIGHT OFF THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY AT MILE POST 248.

Our hosts will be Freebornes Eatery and Lodge and The Stations Inn and
Wild Woodys Campground.

www.freebornes.com
www.stationsinn.com

Freeborne's will be open for breakfast everyday , The Station Inn will serve Breakfast Biscuits Fri ,Sat , and Sun . Free Coffee and Donuts will be availble at THE PARTY BOSStm Trailer and Beer Garden, each morning.

There is a country store which sells beer located on the left side of the Freeborne's building .

The dinners will be fri and sat nights. Malt beverages to be served both nights. Menus to be posted later .

Just a heads up for all attendees, only two cell phones work at the event site, Verizon and Alltell. Which is sweet since I have a Verizon phone and air card, so my lap top will work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday I'm going to set up a checkin/meet and greet5-7pm. I will serve snacks including mud bugs and steamed spiced shrimp and new this year a big pot of southern style pinto beams. Maybe I'll crack a keg so you can rehydrate after your ride in .

The sale of the T shirts, will as usual fund the food and beverages and maybe some live music. I will provide One of a Kind designs on the shirt ,mugs and stickers. Mugs and stickers are also included in the shirt price. Cost of the Tshirts will be $55, $58 if paying by paypal

Please make all payments via paypal if signing up after april 18th
This year I'm going to recommend everybody to pay by check . I will take payments via paypal but there will be an additional fee due to the fees paypal charges . If you pay by paypal, the cost will be $58 .

Be sure to include your shirt size and ADVRider user name when ordering.

to make payment by paypal send $58 to paypal account rhkiehna@aol.com,
Be sure to include your shirt size and ADVRider user name when ordering.

All payments need to be RECEIVED BY APRIL 18TH, just like your taxes.

*NEW Anyone who brings gifts, To THE ORIGINAL PARTY BOSStm, of Good Cigars, Good Tequila, Or Good Bourbon will be given Preferential Treatment , 2 extra stickers , and my sincerest appreciation and an invitation to my NEW Saturday night shot glass invitational to be held after the door prizes are awarded. *

I will be checking in attendees at my Trailer/Beer Garden behind Freebornes after 5:00 pm on Thurs, friday. Wristbands will be given out with the tshirts ect. You will need to keep them on to be served the food and beverages on thurs, friday and saturday nights

The List of attendees will be posted when your payment has been received.Please check and make sure the # of shirts ordered and size of your shirt/s is correct.If it's wrong and you don't tell me, DO NOT COMPLAIN I can't walk on water and do make mistakes

WRIST BANDS WILL BE ISSUED WHEN YOU CHECK IN. THIS WRISTBAND WILL ENTITLE YOU TO ALL THE FOOD AND BEVERAGES THAT I ARRANGE FOR . DOOR PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT THE SAT NIGHT DINNER.

NO REFUNDS AFTER APRIL 18TH. IF YOU CAN SELL YOUR SHIRT TO ANOTHER INMATE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REASSIGN IT TO THE PURCHASER
IF YOU HAVE PAID PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND YOUR SHIRT SIZE IS CORRECT

Sponsors for this years event:Twisted Throttle TwistedThrottle.com , Morton's BMW www.mortonsbmw.com , Hagar's Cycle World www.hagercycle.com , KTM North America and Max BMW www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com .

Please let any of our sponsors that you talk to know, that you appreciate their support of this event!

If you know of any others who might provide door prizes let me know.
Please thank all the sponsors and let them know you appreciate them sponsoring this fine event!

Notice From THE PARTY BOSStm

In an effort to take care of all you ff's I will have the following

basic tools and tire pluggers, pump,and battry charger.

I also will bring basic first aid, including knee , wrist braces ,crutches, ace bandages ect.

I also will bring outlet strips to help charge lots of devices at one time .

Please feel free to look me up if you need any of these things .

Disclaimers :

We as organizer, provide only information regarding this event. However you join all events totally voluntary and at your own risk. We are absolutely not responsible for things that happen to you, or your gear. Neither at the event nor at the arrival and departure. In case of an accident, damage or loss you and the involved persons are fully responsible to each other. You accept this by registration for the rally!

Anyone attending a Ride or Event organized through the ADVRIDER.COM Forums does so at their own risk.
ADVRIDER.com or anyone organizing an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.
Persons/members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence

PARTY BOSS™ screwed with this post 05-15-2011 at 07:16 AM
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
ktmMike
roadscout

Oddometer: 1,216
Laugh Print this out so you have a copy for the rally

Print this out.
RIDES:
(general)

There are no official rides for the Eastern Rendezvous.
We have individuals who go on rides and welcome you to ride along.
No part of your attendance fee has anything to do with any rides.
All riders are responsible for their own actions.
Above all, ride safe.

Riders:
1. Please show up to your ride with a full gastank.
2. Please show up to your ride at least ten minutes before departure time.
3. Please do not post descriptions of other people's rides.
Instead, all ride questions should be referred back to
page one for the list of ride links.

For individual ride info see:

post #3_______________________________KTM Mike 915am from Mabe's Gas&Groc Fri&Sat

post #5 (The Late Train) _________________KnyBanjo (Kevin) 1045am from Freeborne's Tikibar Fri&Sat

post #6_______________________________Advtenn (Todd) 9am from Freeborne's Tikibar Fri&Sat

post #477 on page 32_____________________BPG (Brendan) 9am from Station's Inn Fri only

post#9____________________STREET RIDES 10am from parking lot across the street from Stations Inn Fri and Sat.

post #1150 on page 77__________________257BOB 10am from the parking lot across the street from Stations Inn Saturday only.

ktmMike screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 05:53 PM
ktmMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
ktmMike
roadscout

Laugh Rides

KTM Mike's ride:

Friday May 20th, and Saturday May 21st, weather permitting.
Meet at 9:15am at Mabe's Gas Station/Grocery,
3 miles North of the rally site on Rte 18.
CARRY YOUR OWN LUNCH ON THIS RIDE.

Goals:
1. Move quickly & smoothly as a unit.
2. Avoid delays and confusion.
3. Everyone returns safely.

In order to achieve these goals, each rider should observe the following:

1. Riding skills:
Please do NOT attend this ride unless you are proficient at riding in gravel, i.e. steep gravel, deep gravel, loose gravel, steep-deep-loose gravel (like Rick's "driveway" ), large gravel, small gravel, freshly-graded gravel, all kinds of gravel.
No gravel-newbies on THIS ride please.

2. Avoiding delays:
a. No passing others in the group regardless of whether they are moving or standing still. If the rider in front of you stops, YOU STOP WITH HIM. That means that everyone behind you will stop too!
(Suppose the rider in front of you slows down because his bike is breaking down. If you continue past him, the leaders see you coming and procede further and further from the problem. Confusion like this makes for a long day). If the stopped rider has broken down, the leaders will return shortly.
b. If you want to swap places in line, please do so during a stop.
c. If you want to split early/mid-ride, stop and tell the sweep what you are doing so we don't spend time looking for you (and make sure you have the maps to find your way back to camp).

3. Ride at your own pace:
NEVER try to catch up to riders in front of you. Continue straight ahead. Someone will be waiting for you at the next left or right turn.

4. Safety:
Please leave plenty of room between yourself and the rider in front of you. When he has to slam on his brakes, he doesn't need you crashing into the back of him and ruining EVERYONE's day. Also, there is nothing worse than having to change the way you ride all day because of what's going on in your mirror. If a rider keeps getting too close behind you, flash your brake lights repeatedly as a reminder to BACK OFF.

5. Gas:
Please fill up BEFORE the ride please. Have a gastank big enough to go at least 100 miles between fill-ups.

6. Departure:
Please MEET AT MABE'S GAS STATION, 3 miles north of rally site at 9:15 am. Fill your tank. Buy your lunch-snacks & drink if you forgot to bring them.

7. Tire repair:
We always, always have a flat tire.
a. All riders with tubed tires should carry a spare tube the size of their largest diameter tubed tire,
(NOT just a tube patch kit, which takes longer).
b. All riders with tubeless tires should carry a plug kit (like X-factor does )
c. Bring tire-pump if you've got one.

8. Cash:
Carry cash for gas please. Rural gas stations often do NOT take credit/debit cards.

9. Food:
CARRY YOUR OWN LUNCH THIS YEAR ! ! ! (Eat to ride, not ride to eat )
At mid-day we will be far from a suitable lunchroom, so we will stop and eat in the woods.
(Dry snacks like jerky or trail mix with bottled water or gator-ade are easy to carry, and should hold you until the evening banquet of shrimp, crawdads, pheasant or whatever else the partyboss has planned. Also, if you ask Freeborne's chef the day before, he may be able to have a bag lunch ready for you in the morning).

10. Bike/Tires suitable for THIS ride:
Any adventurebike, dualsport, or supermoto you don't mind riding in gravel. Plate under engine is a good idea. Knobbies not necessary. No fulldressers, cruisers, or elephants.

11. No whining.

ktmMike screwed with this post 04-22-2011 at 04:39 AM
Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
ktmMike
roadscout

Laugh

########################################

If you are planning a ride, and you would like to invite others to attend your ride:
1. Post your ride details at any point on this thread.
2. Send me a PM telling me your page and post # so I can post a link to it on page one.
3. Please make sure your time/place of departure is not EXACTLY the same as another ride.

We can't have too many rides.
More rides = fewer people per ride = better rides.

ktmMike screwed with this post 04-28-2011 at 02:44 AM
Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,315
The Late Train will be departing from Tami's Tiki Bar (behind Freebornes) @ 10:45 AM Friday and Saturday.

Be ready to ride with a full tank of gas.

Be prepared to take care of yourself and your bike....water, snacks, tools, tubes, plugs, JB weld etc..

Bring cash for gas and lunch, plastic may or may not work.

This is NOT a beginners ride as I will try to keep the pace brisk.

...but if you are an experienced flat tracker it may be a bit boring and slow...

The routes are "big bike friendly" if you are comfortable riding on steep, narrow, twisty one lane gravel roads that may be covered in fresh marbles that may also be quite deep and loose from a fresh grading.

Rules? Yes!

Standard rules will apply.....YOU are responsible for the rider behind you!!

DO NOT proceed through an intersection/turn until you know the rider behind sees and is following you!!

Thou shalt not worry that thou hast lost sight of the rider in front of you.
As that rider shalt be waiting for YOU at the next turn!!

I think it's gonna be fun!

I've scouted some new stuff to mix in and we'll have an opportunity to stop for a
n early to mid afternoon lunch and still be back to camp in plenty of time for dinner :fingerscrossed

**For more info and a preview see scouting notes below**

**Edit 2-9-2011**

I'm thinking that since last years 10:30 departure was too early for some maybe I'll push it back this year. Gather behind the bandstand/tiki bar area at Freebornes.

Gonna try to stick with the same "type" of roads, twisty low traffic secondarys both paved and gravel, maybe even a little dirt too.

Lunch may end up being a bigger priority this time around...I'll try and scout some places out better and see what the majority of the group would like to do each day. I can be flexible on whether we chill out with a longer lunch or grab a snack and roll.

The ride will be "big bike" friendly again, that is as long as you are comfortable with very loose marbled gravel on steep, narrow mountain roads. There was plenty of freshly graded deep gravel last year so I'm expecting similar conditions.

You can CLICK HERE to see what this ride was all about in 2010

**3-18-2011**

First scouting ride has been made for 2011 CLICK HERE for some pics. I see a plan starting to unfold and it's looking good. The roads are already in much better shape than they were in May last year!

**April Fools Ride**

After today's ride it has been decided that Saturday's ride will also be quite different from last year's version!! Roads are still in great shape so I'm planning to add even more dirt!
CLICK HERE to see a report from today's scouting trip.

*** 4-8-11 ***

CLICK HERE to see some more scouting pics...

*** 4-10-11 ****

CLICK HERE to see some of the best scouting pics yet!

***4-23-11****

Full pre-ride of Friday's route CLICK HERE and keep scrolling

REMINDER
Standard rules will apply (pssst look at Mike's rules in post #3 above)

knybanjo screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 08:47 AM
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Ride Info for Fri. and Sat.

The "No Guardrails" ride!

Departure: 09:00 Sharp in front of TIKI TAMMYS TIKI BAR (behind Freebornes). Please have a full tank of gas when we depart. The longest ride between fuel stops should be no more than 60-70 miles.

Riding Area: Rides will take place north of the BRP venturing into Tn. and Va. Will also be riding in Cherokee and Jefferson National Forest. We will be riding some of the same trails as last year and I plan on adding some new stuff!
Road Type: Slab, Loose gravel, hard packed, true single track and mud. (jeep trails, FS roads, multiuse trails and FS trails) We will avoid as much slab as possible. However we will have to travel on some slab, to and from the good stuff. I will be avoiding deep water and deep mud.

Bikes: 650's and smaller , no garage queens. A bash plate is a must.
Not saying someone might drop their bike. But if dropping your bike would ruin your rally experience then you may want to avoid this ride.
Motocross boots and armor are highly recommended.

Tires: 50/50 or more aggressive is recommended.

Lunch: Carry snacks and drinks. We will have a gas stop around lunch time so that we can get some grub then as well. We usually have a quick lunch. We can fill up on the Party Bosses fixins when we get back!

Ride Tips:
1. Think safety, Keep your distance!
2. Carry cash for gas and food. Stops along the route may involve little country stores that do not accept credit/debit cards.
3. Please have a full tank of gas when we depart in the morning. (the nearest gas from the rally site is about 3 miles north on hwy. 18)

2/17/11
Yesterday and today I went for a scout ride near Laurel Springs. I found some new to me, Jeep trails/logging roads and great gravel roads. I've just got to work them into one of the rides, Fri. or Sat.

3/22/11
Another good day in the woods. I connected an ATV trail with a forest road that I had found on a previous ride.
I met a couple of local riders and they gave me a few tips.

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian

advtenn screwed with this post 03-22-2011 at 06:48 PM
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
ktmMike
roadscout

Pissed

Sorry for the confusion on this post!

See post 2 for ride menu.

ktmMike screwed with this post 04-24-2011 at 05:53 PM
Old 07-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,478
Where is it this time?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
ktmMike
roadscout

POST # 9
STREET RIDES will depart in one or more directions from the parking lot across the street from Station's Inn both Friday and Saturday at 10am. One of these rides may be a historic ride led by Oldbmwmaster. Bring your maps in case no leaders emerge for other rides, and you all can put your heads together and come up with a few plans real quick and head off in a few different directions if you choose. Details to follow (if there are any).
Check back here sometimes.

ktmMike screwed with this post 04-04-2011 at 04:36 PM
Old 07-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,478
Wesport!! Nothing to do here but pick your nose and watch the bug-light.
You guys would spend more in three days than the entire annual town budget

Hmmnnn.........well, there is some surprisingly good riding in the Hoosier National forrest.
I think we should keep it in the Smokies someplace, though.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
i found a nice campground this past week. it's called RIDERS RESORT and located on hwy 64 between murphy nc and copperhill, tenn. It has really nice brand new bath' and toilets that are even air conditioned. the link is www.ridersresort.net
that's not my favorite area to ride but if you are in the area and need a place to sleep... i know rick is scouting for locations so i listed this just in case,
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
ktmMike
roadscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by upweekis
Wesport!! Nothing to do here but pick your nose and watch the bug-light.
You guys would spend more in three days than the entire annual town budget

Hmmnnn.........well, there is some surprisingly good riding in the Hoosier National forrest.
I think we should keep it in the Smokies someplace, though.
The Vous isn't just a rally.
It's a production

It happens wherever the Partyboss(tm) makes the deal

Wherever it ends up, John, we look forward to seeing you there.

ktmMike screwed with this post 07-13-2010 at 03:46 PM
Old 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
I am going to make one of these. May I suggest my front yard? Lots of space parking and coeds to ogle.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
PARTY BOSS™ OP
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine
I am going to make one of these. May I suggest my front yard? Lots of space parking and coeds to ogle.
Coed's sounds great but the accomadations may be a little lacking .
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmMike
KTM Mike's rides:

Goals:
1. Move quickly & smoothly as a unit.
2. Avoid delays and confusion.
3. Everyone returns safely.

You forgot one Mike;

4. Show up at the start with TWO completely intact big toes.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote