Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #61
bodhizafa
How hard can it be?

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Bodhizafa, what did you choose?

BP
Ordered them from you bro! Got the Gaerne Pro-tech ones. Just waiting for them to show up
Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #62
BOOGIEMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Ordered boots

After reading this and doing my research. I bought a pair of these boots. from a member of this forum. bomber
BOOGIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #63
BOOGIEMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
customer service

I posted I had orderer the gaerne balance oilded boots from Brtp4. I received an order confirmation at 2.21 pm and at 3.13 pm received a Ups tracking # . Later at 3.42 pm received email that the order had shipped. are you kidding me? What service I will be shopping with them again.
BOOGIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #64
yaw
lost

Oddometer: 76
leaked

I rode in downpour for about 2 hours. My socks were wet right around the edges of my feet. I'm guessing they leaked through the seams. I'll probably just seal them there. Riding them more as a road boot. I will be doing more dualsporting and debating if they offer enough protection. Otherwise they are really comfortable.
yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #65
Shredahead
Old and in the way

Oddometer: 147
Make sure you get a lot of the wax in and around the welt. There are lots of big needle holes and that's probably where the water gets in.
Shredahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #66
Golevi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Got me a pair yesterday...
Love the way they feel and can't hardly wait to get on the bike and try them out... Thanks to Criss at Moto Gear Outlet...

2008 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
Golevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #67
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw View Post
I rode in downpour for about 2 hours. My socks were wet right around the edges of my feet. I'm guessing they leaked through the seams. I'll probably just seal them there. Riding them more as a road boot. I will be doing more dualsporting and debating if they offer enough protection. Otherwise they are really comfortable.
Yaw, you really should have your dealer warranty those. Gaerne is pretty good about that kinda stuff.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #68
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
Thumb

Glad these boots are going strong. I have had my Gaerne Balance Pro-tech (non oiled, non waterproof) for four years now. Mine seem to use a stiffer leather than the current oiled versions. Very comfortable both on and off the bike. My preferred ADV/ fireroad/touring boot. Very similar in intent to the Aerostich combat touring boots (made by Sidi).

Boot in the center (obviously)
[IMG][/IMG]

If you have stick legs like me, you might need to protect the top stretchy material from the aggressive velcro.

SpaceManSpiff screwed with this post 04-12-2011 at 08:53 PM
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #69
Ko
Observant as never

Oddometer: 1,103
Well, these boots are indeed comfortable

Just got the oiled version yesterday, and after 2 days my feet seem to be at home in them Thanks Bombers, fast shipping indeed ...

I do have one question though- do you guys use some wax/spray/thingy to protect them, or not? If yes, would you mind sharing what product?

thanks...

Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #70
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 5,964
Ordered me some Oiled ones from Atomic Moto and I'm really looking forward to finally having real motorsicklin' boots. I gave the Sidi Adventures serious consideration, but the ability to wear the GB Oileds in a variety of settings, as well as the Sidi Squeak sold me on the Gaernes. The protection question is still just that, and I hope I made the right decision.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #71
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
The protection question is still just that, and I hope I made the right decision.
I have had a pair for a long time...........and like them a lot for some applications........but protection wise this boot falls short for me with protecting the top of the foot area. If you are not happy with them when you get them out of the box it only gets worse as this boot softens over time...but man are they comfy..
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #72
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 5,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
I have had a pair for a long time...........and like them a lot for some applications........but protection wise this boot falls short for me with protecting the top of the foot area. If you are not happy with them when you get them out of the box it only gets worse as this boot softens over time...but man are they comfy..
We'll see how it goes. I might end up buying another, more protective pair for riding off road.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #73
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,886
These are sounding really great. I'm after a boot that I can walk in, but that has lots of ankle protection, particularly a boot that will lock my foot in place. Also, I have very narrow feet/ankles. I'm reading that they are wide. Can anyone comment on the fit that may have narrower feet?

As for waterproofing, the oiled sure look cool, but it looks like the Pro-tech uses a thicker leather, and some claim to treat the leather and they stay relatively waterproof? My CBT's haven't ever leaked, but my feet seem to be getting a little moister if that makes sense. Seems these might be the same?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #74
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
These are sounding really great. I'm after a boot that I can walk in, but that has lots of ankle protection, particularly a boot that will lock my foot in place.
These boots do not meet your requirements. They don't offer any ankle protection whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip. They're trials boots so they're intentionally made for trials riders to be able to bend their ankles. I wear them for trials, but wear SG10's for offroad. The SG10's are very protective and decent to walk in, although you wouldn't want to walk much in any truly protective boot.
PunkinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #75
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I have very narrow feet/ankles. I'm reading that they are wide. Can anyone comment on the fit that may have narrower feet?

I have narrow feet and have a pair and yes they are wide. The way I delt with it was to put an orthotic is the boot which raises your foot up in the boot decreasing the volume of the space thus fitting better.
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote