ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #886
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Sunday

Any and all welcome, on Sunday - starting at estates rd. to head into Hungry Valley and then to Moonrocks. 9am'ish. Single track washes all the way!
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #887
azimuth551
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Sunday Ride

Solemon,

I would be there but I have to fly out for a class back east. I was riding around that entire area this week on Wed. I was the only guy around for miles but it was fun. Nothing too crazy, just tried to hit some sand which sucks, some mild hill climbs. Just trying to get better on this stuff. Anyway enjoy it and maybe I'll be up for next weekend or during the week for anyone else.
azimuth551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #888
drewh108
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Some day I would like to join up with you guys...what kind of mile range is that? I have a WR450F with stock 2 gal tank and maybe do 70 miles total.
drewh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #889
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh108 View Post
Some day I would like to join up with you guys...what kind of mile range is that? I have a WR450F with stock 2 gal tank and maybe do 70 miles total.
I ride a dinky little klx250 with a stock tank and we are usually exhausted and done riding before im out of gas.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #890
drewh108
Adventurer

Is this an out and back ride? Or do you take paved roads home...I could just truck my bike to the start point then ride from there. I'm not real keen on riding on the freeway with knobbies, I live in south-south part of town foothills area. Not worried about the off-road terrain. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #891
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Is this an out and back ride? Or do you take paved roads home...I could just truck my bike to the start point then ride from there. I'm not real keen on riding on the freeway with knobbies, I live in south-south part of town foothills area. Not worried about the off-road terrain. Thanks.
Estates Road is just off the 395 north Golden Valley exit. it is a residential street that heads in the hills and turns into unpaved road.
last year I lived in south Reno and the easiest way was the freeway, honestly. But now I live around Kings Row and I like to try to take the strictly dirt route which is Kings Row Road to hoge Road, following some power lines to Golden Valley. I don't have a truck, but in your situation since you do I would recommend using it.try to make it out sometime!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #892
drewh108
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemon Grundy View Post
Estates Road is just off the 395 north Golden Valley exit. it is a residential street that heads in the hills and turns into unpaved road.
last year I lived in south Reno and the easiest way was the freeway, honestly. But now I live around Kings Row and I like to try to take the strictly dirt route which is Kings Row Road to hoge Road, following some power lines to Golden Valley. I don't have a truck, but in your situation since you do I would recommend using it.try to make it out sometime!
That sounds like a fun route, have been wanting to explore that area. Might even see you Sunday if I get things done today and get away from my computer for a while. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #893
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Bodie Ride Sunday

Bodie and back tomorrow. Leaving Stagecoach at 9:00am. Plenty of room to truck in. Lahontan Yerington Smith Valley Desert Creek maybe Bridgeport. No real route, just a big fun loop. Couple gas stops, burgers for sure somewhere. Expect all day. Mostly double track, moderate to difficult.

RIP Kurt Caselli. We lost a hero yesterday in the Baja 1000.
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #894
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
That sounds like a fun route, have been wanting to explore that area. Might even see you Sunday if I get things done today and get away from my computer for a while. Thanks for the info.
Drew, text or call if youre going to make it. Otherwise ill just be passing through

916 622 7142
Old 11-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #895
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
how was the ride Sunday? I sold the DRZ last week, so I am back to the sherpa. I think I will be able to ride this weekend.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #896
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Sunday Ride

Ours was good.

F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #897
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
I want to get down there and ride that desert.
Going to try and make it work one of these weekends

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #898
211john
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
how was the ride Sunday? I sold the DRZ last week, so I am back to the sherpa. I think I will be able to ride this weekend.
Mark, I saw the DRZ and the sherpa on cl. Say it ain't so!
211john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #899
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211john View Post
Mark, I saw the DRZ and the sherpa on cl. Say it ain't so!
DRZ gone. I am going to hang onto the sherpa.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #900
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
Last Sunday was a quick one because I went alone, but it looks like the boys down South had a great time. It's been great fun riding with Azimuth, Scorp, and Sertao, but you're truly missed. Try to make it this Sunday if you can!