ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #961
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
We'll be at estates at 10. Don't be scurred.
How was it. Were are the pics?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #962
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
How was it. Were are the pics?
Blast. No pics. I need some single track. I hear you have some..... I just need a little man, just a litle....
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #963
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Blast. No pics. I need some single track. I hear you have some..... I just need a little man, just a litle....

We did from Estates to the three sections of single track that lead you to Lemmon Valley Rd. We stayed in that area and ran a few tracks backwards which made it feel like a whole new ride. I was a little hazy on the ST that lies beyond that point and wanted to avoid the wooped out area so we just kept within that radius. We'll need your guidance for anything beyond.
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #964
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
I have everything put back together and should be able to ride this Sunday.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #965
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Sunday Ride

Riding Sunday. Leave out of Dayton. El Dorado Canyon, Sunrise Pass, Smith Valley, Yerington, ect. Big loop. Probably 95% dirt. Gas stops. Burger stop. Big fun. 10:30 am at the Sinclair station in Dayton.
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #966
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Would this be big bike friendly ride. I got a 950 SE I'm itching to get out, but got a Husky 450 if it going to be more of the Pinenuts single track.
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #967
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123 View Post
Would this be big bike friendly ride. I got a 950 SE I'm itching to get out, but got a Husky 450 if it going to be more of the Pinenuts single track.

Probably smaller bike friendly. A couple XR650L's are going. At least 100 miles on a tank of fuel will be necessary. Expect a hard start through El Dorado Canyon with boulders, multiple water crossings, and some ice and snow. After that, anything from well graded roads to primitive double track. Maybe a few whoops. No single track this time. Plenty of high speed challenging desert ripping, and casual riding. Tons of room for parking at my house if anyone wants to truck in, then a short ride to Dayton to begin.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #968
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Ride mileage?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #969
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Ride mileage?
Last time we did this loop, I think it was right around 200. There are infinite variations out there. Ride is not set in stone, so if anyone has time, mileage, or ability restrictions we'll accommodate.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #970
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Pal View Post
Last time we did this loop, I think it was right around 200. There are infinite variations out there. Ride is not set in stone, so if anyone has time, mileage, or ability restrictions we'll accommodate.

Just trying to figure out if I'll drive or ride down.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #971
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Just trying to figure out if I'll drive or ride down.
Czech.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #972
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 168
Question North Flugistanian looking for some Tahoe "Local Knowledge"...

Boston guy, now living in NJ looking for a little local Tahoe knowledge...

I am 90% sure that I am going to be signing up to run in the Tahoe "Tough Mudder" 10-12 mile long obstacle course this coming August 16th at the Northstar Resort in Truckee . If/when I commit to it I'll end up making a week out of it and plan to camp, preferably backcountry/primitive camping --- though I'll probably stay in a cheap hotel the night before and the night after the run...

Figured tapping into local ADV/Dual Sporter's is as good a place to start as any, and I'm wide open to suggestions/input.

I'll be flying into Reno and probably use the North Lake Tahoe Express shuttle (or something similar) and then have no/limited transportation, so will need to focus pretty tightly on the area immediately surrounding Northstar.

Sorry Inmates, but this will be a obstacle course running, hiking, photographing, camping, chillin' out week with no Riding ...

Looking for: 1) Suggestions on backcountry camping in the area, or if not allowed, good but out-of-the-way-low-key campsites --- I want as remote and primitive as I can get, 2) Any "Zip Lines" or other semi-adventurous/cool things you suggest, 3) Suggestions on don't wanna miss it hiking spots, 4) GREAT spots for somewhat serious DSLR Photography with a nice 10-22mm wide angle lens (sunrises, sunsets, star-trails at night, etc.) --- I know, I know, "everywhere!!!", right???, and 5) Anything else you wanna throw my way...

Since this is a Non-Riding info request, if you want to PM me feel free to, rather than muckin' up this Riding thread.

Thanks, fellow Inmates!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #973
sharpie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Pal View Post
Riding Sunday. Leave out of Dayton. El Dorado Canyon, Sunrise Pass, Smith Valley, Yerington, ect. Big loop. Probably 95% dirt. Gas stops. Burger stop. Big fun. 10:30 am at the Sinclair station in Dayton.
I guess Fletch and I are going, we will probably be leaving out of Reno at 9:30 ish and high tail it through VC on the bikes...or truck it if its too cold. Look for 2 beat up Husky's...
sharpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #974
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1 View Post
I guess Fletch and I are going, we will probably be leaving out of Reno at 9:30 ish and high tail it through VC on the bikes...or truck it if its too cold. Look for 2 beat up Husky's...

I'm in coming down from Herlong. Truck to Dayton.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #975
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1 View Post
You can park at my house. PM for address. We will be returning from the east, parking there will be easiest. Coffee for all.