ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #1036
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123 View Post
Hey Boys, Getting a little quiet around here since DV. Shouldn't be letting this thread get back to page 3 now. F250 you doing Mrann next wk end? I'm thinking about it. Gotta ride one way or another.
I had to patch up the crack I had on the bike so it'd stop spraying oil behind me, and while was at it I threw on the rest of my gear to street-legal the bike. I should be back at it this weekend if the weather looks alright. As always, I'm a Sunday rider, sorry all you Saturday guys.

So, potentially Sunday at estates. Hopefully someone joins me.
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #1037
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
I have a clutch to repair, too much sand for the little sherpa and I am letting my shoulder heal up a little.

Dixie Valley should have had snow. Any report?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #1038
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemon Grundy View Post
I had to patch up the crack I had on the bike so it'd stop spraying oil behind me, and while was at it I threw on the rest of my gear to street-legal the bike. I should be back at it this weekend if the weather looks alright. As always, I'm a Sunday rider, sorry all you Saturday guys.

So, potentially Sunday at estates. Hopefully someone joins me.
I'm hoping the next phone call with my director goes well, otherwise, I'm leaving town someday this week. I may be back for only a day or two at a later date..... Unless this phone call goes well. We're hoping work will start to happen here again.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #1039
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
I have a clutch to repair, too much sand for the little sherpa and I am letting my shoulder heal up a little.

Dixie Valley should have had snow. Any report?
I drove up to Sierraville Sunday and was surprised to not see a bit of snow.
What did you do to your shoulder?
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #1040
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Hey Boys, Getting a little quiet around here since DV. Shouldn't be letting this thread get back to page 3 now. F250 you doing Mrann next wk end? I'm thinking about it. Gotta ride one way or another.
First MRANN race is this weekend, February 15&16. I'm heading out Wednesday afternoon to camp until Sunday. I'm working the race with Trailblazers M/C.
Picking up my WR motor this afternoon if all is done. Piston kit, rod kit, main bearings, all five gears, two shift forks, three intake valves, and a cam chain and guide. Ouch. Midnight oil tonight. Planning on riding the 450 a lot here coming up. I'll check in here and keep you posted.
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #1041
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Pal View Post
First MRANN race is this weekend, February 15&16. I'm heading out Wednesday afternoon to camp until Sunday. I'm working the race with Trailblazers M/C.
Picking up my WR motor this afternoon if all is done. Piston kit, rod kit, main bearings, all five gears, two shift forks, three intake valves, and a cam chain and guide. Ouch. Midnight oil tonight. Planning on riding the 450 a lot here coming up. I'll check in here and keep you posted.
I'm debating on whether to do this race. It has been several years and I'm definitely not in shape but that never stop me before. May just set my mind to do 1 loop and call it good. What is the course like? Think an old guy like me could manage it.
You still planning the Death Valley week end get away next month? The 950 se is itching for a long ride to stretch it legs.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #1042
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
I'm debating on whether to do this race. It has been several years and I'm definitely not in shape but that never stop me before. May just set my mind to do 1 loop and call it good. What is the course like? Think an old guy like me could manage it.
You still planning the Death Valley week end get away next month? The 950 se is itching for a long ride to stretch it legs.

The guys at work were just talking about this. They were saying it's very easy to sign up and ride so I'm considering the Sunday ride (or whatever race has the novice class). I have never been to an event like this so it could be fun. I'm 50/50 at this point, just have to give them a call and ask a few questions.
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #1043
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemon Grundy View Post
The guys at work were just talking about this. They were saying it's very easy to sign up and ride so I'm considering the Sunday ride (or whatever race has the novice class). I have never been to an event like this so it could be fun. I'm 50/50 at this point, just have to give them a call and ask a few questions.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #1044
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:

Big bikes go on Sunday. Here is a link to the event flyer. Hope to see everyone out there. Its going to be really fun.

http://www.racemrann.com/content/201...azer_Flyer.pdf
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #1045
Rips Millar
capt. awesome

Oddometer: 42
hey

just checking in with you freaks....I am kinda new to adv, just found this thread, and wanted to say hi, so hi!!!! I like the street (gs12) and I like the dirt(530 exc) and I live way out in red rock....I like long rides in the woods and very little conversation......rips
Rips Millar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #1046
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips Millar View Post
just checking in with you freaks....I am kinda new to adv, just found this thread, and wanted to say hi, so hi!!!! I like the street (gs12) and I like the dirt(530 exc) and I live way out in red rock....I like long rides in the woods and very little conversation......rips

Red rock up by Doyle? Do you have trails? I'm In Herlong....
Old 02-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #1047
Rips Millar
capt. awesome

Oddometer: 42
yup

I got sand hills, which closes for the winter for the deer....and behind that I got the dogskins, which is moonrocks....I am plated and like to ride long rides, I like going to sierraville across the plumas forest, I have lots of options right from my garage, and ya, I knew you would be interested, mr. Herlong....we will keep in touch.
Rips Millar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #1048
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips Millar View Post
I got sand hills, which closes for the winter for the deer....and behind that I got the dogskins, which is moonrocks....I am plated and like to ride long rides, I like going to sierraville across the plumas forest, I have lots of options right from my garage, and ya, I knew you would be interested, mr. Herlong....we will keep in touch.

I am likely leaving mex week, but in crossing my fingers were getting more work up here so I can stick around. I have to treat my new tank and mount it. But I could be ready for sat/sun. What say you?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #1049
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Time to get our thread back to page one again.
So I did the MRANN race Sunday. Having a little trouble typing since I can barely move my fingers. A death grip for 50 miles is not good for old hands.
The good news is I didn't come in last, that was my goal. I figured I would set the bar low. Came in 100 out of 117 finishers. I can't complain though I did come in first in my class of over 50 novice. There were only four of us.

Conditioning is the key. I actually had a really good holeshot and was in the front only to be passed by everyone after the first turn. The whoops are no fun when you are not in shape and I new it would not pay to push where I was not comfortable and save myself for later.

All in all I had a lot of fun. I'm thinking of doing some more, but need to get into the gym ( which I need to do anyway ) and do a day of whoop riding. It is just a fact that any desert race is going to have some serious whoop riding.

The next race is in two weeks.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #1050
sharpie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Time to get our thread back to page one again.
So I did the MRANN race Sunday. Having a little trouble typing since I can barely move my fingers. A death grip for 50 miles is not good for old hands.
The good news is I didn't come in last, that was my goal. I figured I would set the bar low. Came in 100 out of 117 finishers. I can't complain though I did come in first in my class of over 50 novice. There were only four of us.

Conditioning is the key. I actually had a really good holeshot and was in the front only to be passed by everyone after the first turn. The whoops are no fun when you are not in shape and I new it would not pay to push where I was not comfortable and save myself for later.

All in all I had a lot of fun. I'm thinking of doing some more, but need to get into the gym ( which I need to do anyway ) and do a day of whoop riding. It is just a fact that any desert race is going to have some serious whoop riding.

The next race is in two weeks.
Don't wear yourself out old man were doing a trip in 3 weeks. You need to get a big tank on that SE! (and some decent lighting) I'm thinking our camp trip we should leave Friday night, hit Brunos for dinner and cocktails and camp at the Frog Ponds then Saturday take the long way to Soldier Meadows...
sharpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote