ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #1216
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
RICK and I need to get up there for that. Maybe rjnutt might could join us.
Grundy and I plan to hit it again on June 14 and if we survive, try and explore the area further. Easy staging at Prosser dam, but we'll most like ride in.
Small bike "A" game sort of stuff. Fun and not fun at the same time

I still have a few months of rides to clean of my gps

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #1217
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Grundy and I plan to hit it again on June 14 and if we survive, try and explore the area further. Easy staging at Prosser dam, but we'll most like ride in.
Small bike "A" game sort of stuff. Fun and not fun at the same time

I still have a few months of rides to clean of my gps

We just need Fletch and Sharpe to get off of those big bikes and hit Lyods' with us.

I said I wouldn't ride this Sunday, but I finished the PM's on my bike early so I will in fact be somewhere, doing something on Sunday. If anyone is interested, hit me up! Anyone means anyone, let's meet some new folks!
Solemon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #1218
bdesj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Still around?

You guys still here? I was patiently watching and waiting for a while (with no bike), and now just about ready to play. I bought a dual sport last week and hope to roll soon. There`s an issue with the title, so no plates yet, but I`m hoping like hell that I can get that taken care of within a couple weeks. When I do get legal, I`ll be looking for company. No care flight inducing trails for me, though- I`m a small guy on a big bike and haven`t done any offroad riding since `85. What I mostly have a hankering for are gravel cruises and weekend ride-N-camp trips roughly in the triangle marked by Reno, Tahoe, and Almanor, probably a few up towards Highrock/Malhuer/Owyhee area too when long weekends call. I`ve been doing weekend mountain bike tours for years, mostly in Plumas and Sierra counties, now want to get longer range! Hope to meet some of you soon.

Brian
Lemmon Valley
DR650

bdesj screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 11:19 PM
bdesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #1219
ssmschulz
Sherpa Rider

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesj View Post
You guys still here? I was patiently watching and waiting for a while (with no bike), and now just about ready to play. I bought a dual sport last week and hope to roll soon. There`s an issue with the title, so no plates yet, but I`m hoping like hell that I can get that taken care of within a couple weeks. When I do get legal, I`ll be looking for company. No care flight inducing trails for me, though- I`m a small guy on a big bike and haven`t done any offroad riding since `85. What I mostly have a hankering for are gravel cruises and weekend ride-N-camp trips roughly in the triangle marked by Reno, Tahoe, and Almanor, probably a few up towards Highrock/Malhuer/Owyhee area too when long weekends call. I`ve been doing weekend mountain bike tours for years, mostly in Plumas and Sierra counties, now want to get longer range! Hope to meet some of you soon.

Brian
Lemmon Valley
DR650
Welcome Brian, So what I am gathering here is that you bought yourself a DR650? If so that is a rather big bike for trails Scorpion and Grundy ride, but will be perfect for gravel roads, jeep trails and camping. 1000's if miles of road right from town to ride. Post up when you are heading out and someone will most likely join you.

MS
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #1220
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmschulz View Post
....DR650? If so that is a rather big bike for trails Scorpion and Grundy ride...
pfft.

Just got word I may be headed back in time for the heat. Fingers crossed.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #1221
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
pfft.

Just got word I may be headed back in time for the heat. Fingers crossed.

Haha, Ok, Beechum is the only exception.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #1222
Pointman0853
Unregistered Gun Owner

Oddometer: 1,376
Wicked Riders wanted...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988847
IBA #5
CarsonTahoeAdventureMoto.com
Pointman0853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 AM   #1223
sharpie1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesj View Post

Brian
Lemmon Valley
DR650
Mfletch and I do a couple of bike camps a year and always welcome others, I'll post up when we do our next bike camp. If you plan something I might just tag along. I really want to do a Northern Nevada trip once the weather cools in the fall, maybe Fields, OR for a burger and shake...
sharpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #1224
bdesj
Adventurer

Yes, I just bought a used DR650 last Friday. I got tired of waiting for a 350SE and (as expected) one finally showed up on Reno CL this week .

I take it Beechum throws around a big bike as though it were a 250? I think I`ll just stick with paved/unpaved roads and leave the gnarlies to folks who know what they`re doing.

I`ve passed through and/or gassed up in Fields a number of times, but never tried those famous milk shakes- will definitely not miss one the next time I get by there when the place is open!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #1225
Solemon Grundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Alright guys, I've been out sick for two and a half weeks now with some sort of cough/cold sweats thing. Now that I'm better I need to ride. Even my coworkers and employees agree, because I'm getting crabby.

If anyone is game for some 1-2 track riding on Sunday, hit me up.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #1226
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,304
What to do after a Saturday ride? Roller derby scrimmage at the rink by the river! My Auburn Outlaws will be playing Reno's Battle Born Derby Demons at 6pm tomorrow. I am coming up on the 950.

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #1227
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemon Grundy View Post
Alright guys, I've been out sick for two and a half weeks now with some sort of cough/cold sweats thing. Now that I'm better I need to ride. Even my coworkers and employees agree, because I'm getting crabby.

If anyone is game for some 1-2 track riding on Sunday, hit me up.
Going down to Hell-A and riding with some soCal guys.
See you next weekend, I may even have a new rear tire!

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #1228
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,888
Topaz 600

http://www.dualsportwest.com/public/...14%20Topaz.pdf
Old 06-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #1229
bdesj
Adventurer

Still no plate this week, next week expecting a delivery of artificial turf, 11 - 13 family campout at Almanor. Sheesh- finally got a bike, now can`t park my butt on it! Fall is my favorite time for outdoors play anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes950 View Post
What to do after a Saturday ride? Roller derby scrimmage at the rink by the river! My Auburn Outlaws will be playing Reno's Battle Born Derby Demons at 6pm tomorrow. I am coming up on the 950.
I had no idea there were roller derby leagues around here.
(actually I had no idea the sport was still in existence)
Rink by the Truckee River, or whatever river (Yuba?) goes through NV City?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #1230
F250Pal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1 View Post
Mfletch and I do a couple of bike camps a year and always welcome others, I'll post up when we do our next bike camp. If you plan something I might just tag along. I really want to do a Northern Nevada trip once the weather cools in the fall, maybe Fields, OR for a burger and shake...

Last minute night ride / camp trip tonight. Mason Valley Pine Grove Lobdell Bridgeport(ish) cross 395 Ebbetts Monitor Hope Valley. Home Sunday night.
F250Pal is offline   Reply With Quote