Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #31
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
I just fitted a set of Akro Ti end cans and had the Akro map put on.

It has made a huge difference to engine temp and exhaust temp.

Also looks better, sounds better, and produces more power with a far better power curve (considering I commute through city traffic on it everyday). So far I am riding with the baffles in, after two tanks of petrol I'll whip them out and do two tanks that way and then compare MPG, performance etc. and decide which I prefer, or if I prefer to chop and change for on/off road or whatever.

I deliberately went for the bling factor of Akro, despite the higher price, for a reason - the country I live in sells Akros for three times the price of the UK, I bought them in the UK and brought them back in my luggage.

Akros are basically the only recognised aftermarket zorsts over here.

When I am done with them I'll be able to sell at a profit - whether because of bike sale, upgrade, or even leaving the country to move elsewhere.

But all things financial aside they were a brilliant addition to the bike and have made it way more enjoyable to ride, especially at low speeds and have gone a long way to sorting out the snatchy throttle.

YMMV, I guess - especially as I switched to a 16 tooth sprocket at the same time...

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #32
bikepsych
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
I think a lot of the value of the various types of exhaust is determined also by the type of riding. If I were to ride with a bunch of other KTM 9XX riders, I'd want to look like I was knowledgeable. So my home made exhaust pipes from wine bottles wouldn't cut it. On the other hand, if I was perpetually out in the dez scratching and fighting my way up hills and down dales (shhhh, don't tell her I said that), then I'd probably want FMF's or something else not quite as blingy/pricey when they got dinged and scratched. Oh, yeah, I know, "don't drop it." How many times have I heard that. War wounds and battle scars is what I called them on the VStrom, CRF450X, and WR250R.

I like the idea of a multiple rating system, but then again, it still wouldn't answer the bottom line question of "which exhaust is best...FOR ME?"

Keep em' rollin in.
2009 Harley Road Glide
bikepsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #33
AnyWayRound
live to ride,ride to live

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
Older Oval Units

CJ's products are in my book

nice SE
AnyWayRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #34
Gunga Galunga
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Dang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyWayRound View Post
nice SE
x2
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #35
Ale_Ray
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Agree

I'm also looking for a set of pipes. I've got a full yoshi on a 99 zx6r and it's always been a wicked sound.
Now the Katoom 990 is in need.
I agree with Treillw I'm after the best sounding set of pipes. NOT tinny! Nice and deep. A bit of a tearing sound.
Another thing. Can someone put up the sound of a KTM 990 with Akras, wings.etc BUT not at idle! Honestly who listens to their bike idling?
I've narrowed it down to three manufacturers, Leo Vince (look great, sound good on others), Akras and Wings.
Don't suppose any of these three do full systems? (Does anyone apart from GPR?)
Ale_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #36
Cuse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale_Ray View Post
I'm also looking for a set of pipes. I've got a full yoshi on a 99 zx6r and it's always been a wicked sound.
Now the Katoom 990 is in need.
I agree with Treillw I'm after the best sounding set of pipes. NOT tinny! Nice and deep. A bit of a tearing sound.
Another thing. Can someone put up the sound of a KTM 990 with Akras, wings.etc BUT not at idle! Honestly who listens to their bike idling?
I've narrowed it down to three manufacturers, Leo Vince (look great, sound good on others), Akras and Wings.
Don't suppose any of these three do full systems? (Does anyone apart from GPR?)
When you have Akras you enjoy the sound no matter what. Whether it's at idle or balls out it sounds great.
Cuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #37
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
One thing you might want to consider is the repair side of things. Where you live, can you or somebody you know (maybe a shop) weld and repair titanium? There is nobody in my area that can. If you can't get the pipes repaired if they ever break on you, is it still a good choice for your area? Most places can repair steel and aluminum pipes.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #38
cejnys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Remus

Hey guys, does anybody have any experience with Remus titanium pipes?
cejnys is offline   Reply With Quote