User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Oldschoolorange OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Hastings herritage trail

I tried to get a ride going but there was not much interest so I decided to do it myself. I left my house in Hamilton around 6 last night and hopped on the Hastings heritage trail, camped out for the night and got back on it this morning. I am now in Whitney and have done almost the entire route offroad. I am going to eat my food and will post some pics later.
Oldschoolorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Oldschoolorange OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I made it back home Ok. The 401 is something else, you either have a foot down or you are going 140.

I Got on the trail in Glen Ross and finished up on a fire road by McKenzie lake. I was able to do the entire thing without any difficulty and only had a couple of 1-2 ft deep water crossings at the beginning. The trail was well maintained and the only parts that that gave me any issues were one section going through a marsh that the trail was made of large gravel and my first section of sand as I have not rode either of them in a while. I thought I would see more people using the trail but only came across one other person coming the other direction on an ATV.

I kept seeing these signs on the trail for mad musher restraunt in Whitney so I ended up going there for brunch, it was Ok and had free Wi-Fi.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

This was weird to come up on

I found this giant sand pit just outside of bancroft I tried getting the KLR in there but it was too much bike. A nice 450 with paddles would be fun

The Mad Musher

Oldschoolorange is offline   Reply With Quote