User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
RiverRat OP
Endless Chores

Oddometer: 3,836
Best Super Soaker / Water Gun?

Just wondering what all you guys are using???

I have a few stream machines. The 36" is the bomb but i prefer the short barrel 24 cause u can stick it in your vest and it is easier to sneak up on someone.

The max liquidator looks pretty cool for the kids and doubles as a noodle. Anyone using these? It only requires one hand so you can still hold your beer.

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,391
Quote:
Ben's Review

The CPS 2000 was the first in the extremely successful CPS line of water guns made by Larami. Some say it was the most powerful water gun of all time. Some say its range is over 50 feet. A rumor says that it was so powerful it blew some kid's eye out. Whether you believe that rumor or not, the CPS 2000 has a history of being extremely powerful. Use it responsibly. If you see one, pick it up. eBay is the only proven place to get these, however you will have to pay quite a large sum of money to get one. I've seen and used one of these myself, while it was when it was new (1996), I can still remember thinking that it was the most awesome soaker ever.
NiborDude's Review

Ah. The CPS 2000. This legendary soaker could quite possibly be the farthest shooting and most powerful stock gun (un-modded gun) ever created. When I first got mine, I ripped the packaging off and felt in my hands pure power. The CPS 2000 was the first super soaker from Larami, featuring CPS tech. The technology was still in its baby stage however and problems arose. The first mark/version of the 2000 was so powerful that rumors speculate it shot a kids eye out. The truth to this story is still being debated, but the truth about whether or not it could shoot your eye out is very true. BE CAREFUL WITH IT! After some complaints to Larami, they were forced to reduce the power by elongating the rubber inside the PC and released the second mark/ version. The first time I shot my CPS 2000, my jaw dropped. I had never seen so much water go that far. The range of the 2000 varies from soaker to soaker. Mine goes a few feet over 50 feet. Contradictory to some estimates and calculations, the 2000 doesn’t take all that many pumps; about 18 to 22. The amount of water that comes out is scary. The nozzle features 30X output, meaning this thing puts out 30 times more water than an XP, Max-D, and SoakerTag. The amount of shots per tank is about 4 1/2. One thing that some people may have trouble with is the weight. Although I find the 2000 an easy to carry gun, others might find it hard to hold up and too heavy. Before you think that this review is everything about the 2000, I’ve only told you about half the story. My CPS 2000 is a mark 2. The mark 1 is the more legendary piece to this soaker and you may want to read up about it. Over all the CPS 2000 is great soaker. Range, output; all that stuff is outstanding. If you’re an experienced soaker enthusiast and you are willing to pay 100 dollars or more for this Super Soaker, get it. Unfortunately, the 2000 is no longer available in stores and the best place to look for it is on eBay.
http://www.sscentral.org/reviews/cps2000.html

I didn't know my water gun was worth over 100 dollars

It fires 22 oz of water per second

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,307
you can get a hose for the stream machine so you can leave it in the water, never have to dip again.

fire away

odd topic, if ya want real water pistol fun try this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/ny...pagewanted=all

didn't see if any new games are planned.
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
MommysLittleMonster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
thats a really good article
MommysLittleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
a$$hole
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
I always liked the older SuperSoakers. They were more simple looking and seemed more powerful than the newer ones.
a$$hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
RiverRat OP
Endless Chores

Oddometer: 3,836
I'm going to Target and BIG 5 to see if they have any closeout deals.

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: