User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
UniqueDave OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Three gringos off to Mexico and points south

I'm a new member of Adventure Rider, and apologize if this is being posted incorrectly or otherwise screwed up. I've gotten much benefit from reading other riders' posts, and am really appreciative of the thread which allows riders to see info about hotels/campgrounds/hostels along the way. Jeff's posting about what to expect in MX and CA was (is) also really helpful. So now we, me, Andy and Ahmed, are departing on our own trip. Andy's a webmaster, and has created a trip web site which can be accessed here: http://www.acompana.me/
Our original plan was to ride from Cheyenne, Wyoming (Ahmed is riding down to Cheyenne from Casper to link up with Andy and me) on 2/25 and enter MX at Columbus, NM, and then ride to points south. Given the weather that's shaping up in our area, we'll most likely trailer the three bikes to Santa Fe, and then leave the truck/trailer at a friend of Ahmed's in Los Alamos. In any event, we are all psyched and almost ready to go. You are all welcome to ride along via the trip's web site, or to link up with us if you happen to be in our area as we go. By the way, for those of you who take a look at the trip web site, it will probably be evident that we really can't ride as far as we've planned in just 30 days, and we know that. The current plan is more fluid, along the lines of 'ride south for 15 days, then ride north for 15 days'. I'm retired and could spend more time, but Andy and Ahmed have to get back to work... Signed: UniqueDave (I picked the name because when I signed up with Adventure Rider the instructions told me to pick a unique name.... so I did.)
UniqueDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Johnnydarock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Hey Dave: I did a 16 day trip though Mexico with a buddy last April and it might give you some ideas for places to ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...john+juan+ruta

Have fun and ride safe.
Johnnydarock is offline   Reply With Quote