Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #181
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,480
You think you want to know about my GPS mount, but you really don't. Why? Thing cost $245!! But it does put my Zumo right where I want it and doesn't block the gauges.

It's made by a guy (who's one of us) in his basement workshop. This guy is very particular and customized one of his Ducati designs to fit the Norge using instructions provided by me. His name is Genna and his website is http://gadgetguy.net/. If you go to his FAQ page, there's quite a bit there about the 276. If you decide to go ahead with it, PM me and I can give you details about my setup that he can use to put together your 276 mount.

Here's the way it looks as it comes out of the box--

Partially installed--

Completely installed with the Zumo cradle in place--

There are three different pivoting axles in the design so you can basically adjust the GPS to sit wherever you want it up and down or in and out. And there's a little side-to-side flexibility also, but I've got mine set up dead center above my gauges.

Now where's the pics and vid of the Staintune?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #182
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Drone, that's a real nice set-up but, to rich for me.
here are the pics as promised sorry no sound bite kinda low tech here.

joe cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #183
Buckaroo Banzai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
newby here

Hey,
just got a moto guzzi Nevada 750. Is their any forums here for the guzzi . I did a search and haven't found anything.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #184
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
Hey,
just got a moto guzzi Nevada 750. Is their any forums here for the guzzi . I did a search and haven't found anything.
There is an Italian bike thread but Guzzi specific sub-board, no, not really. However, there is WildGuzzi.com, GuzziTech.com and a Guzzi specific sub-board on Sport-Touring.net

Welcome to the clan.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #185
Buckaroo Banzai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
hey thanks for the info! my first guzzi. Was looking for accessories and doesn't seem to be a lot.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #186
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

You've located MG Cycle, right? And if you click on Store at GuzziTech you might find some stuff. But for serious accessories, you'll probably have to shop across the pond. Like here's a page from MaxMoto in England.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #187
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe cool View Post
Drone, that's a real nice set-up but, to rich for me.
here are the pics as promised sorry no sound bite kinda low tech here.

That's not bad lookin! It's pretty loud, though, yes?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #188
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Drone, I got it for under $275.00 shipped on e-bay. When I installed it in my garage ,tried it with the baffle out which was too loud imo. reinstalled the baffle and am quite happy with the sound. it's not much louder than stock but has a nice GROOON when you're on the gas. also saved a lot of weight over the stock muffler.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #189
Scott of the Sahara OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I am torn between having a cool aftermarket muffler and having a totally quiet bike with just a bit of exhaust note.
Actually I spent my money on Hand guards.
then bar risers to make my hand guards work...
My only concern about the muffler is the fuel injection and if you have to get that sorted out.
Scott of the Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #190
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Scott, their is no re-mapping required. google CBT imports for the stats.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #191
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 175
Hey!

So, I'm a short guy (1,70m) and a bit short-legged. My current bike is a kawasaky Versys wich has a 850mm seat height and I do fine, it scared me at first but I'm used to it by now.

I want to step up to something more powerfull, with luggage capacity, 2-up capabilities and all-day confort. In this moment, my choices are Moto Guzzi Norge and Triumph Explorer 1200.

I've sat on a norge and felt right at home, felt like I was part of the bike, and felt protected against the wind. My question for you guys is... At about the same price, the triumph has cruise control, traction control, 1 more cilinder and 30 more horsepower... and it seems a "do-it-all" kinda bike. I know it would be fairer to compare it to the stelvio, but if I go moto guzzi's way, it will DEFINITLY be the norge!!!

I know it all goes down to test-driving, but I wanted some first hand feedback about wind protection, pillion capabilities and engine power before going on the road to try them out (mainly because I don't have the money for the change )
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #192
cpallen
Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 953
Norge vs Triumph Explorer

I'm going to guess that the Triumph will be taller than the Norge. A Stelvio would probably be closer to the Explorer form factor.
cpallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #193
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_ View Post

I want to step up to something more powerfull, with luggage capacity, 2-up capabilities and all-day confort. In this moment, my choices are Moto Guzzi Norge and Triumph Explorer 1200.
Either bike will potentially meet those criteria - only after spending a day on them will you know if out of the crate it works for 300 - 500 mile days.

Quote:
I've sat on a norge and felt right at home, felt like I was part of the bike, and felt protected against the wind. My question for you guys is... At about the same price, the triumph has cruise control, traction control, 1 more cilinder and 30 more horsepower... and it seems a "do-it-all" kinda bike. I know it would be fairer to compare it to the stelvio, but if I go moto guzzi's way, it will DEFINITLY be the norge!!!
Horsepower figures do not tell the whole tale - not by a long shot. While the Norge may have fewer HP, the usable HP and torque give it all the power you need for real world riding. I can cruise all day at 85MPH (something like 136 Km/H) without effort 2-up with full luggage in comfort for me and my passenger. What is does not do well is off road traveling. Yes I've see guys who live in Alaska on Norges, but the amount of plastic on the bike just does not bode well for off road excursions. Taking a dirt nap on a Norge will be an expensive proposition.

Quote:
I know it all goes down to test-driving, but I wanted some first hand feedback about wind protection, pillion capabilities and engine power before going on the road to try them out (mainly because I don't have the money for the change )
Take your favorite pillion with you when you take the test rides. I'm fine with the standard wind screen, but my wife needs a taller one for her to be comfortable when we're doing more than a couple of miles of high speed riding to be happy - the wind hits her wrong and it becomes tiring for her. Thus - two windshields in the household.

Whichever you decide, you'll have a blast.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #194
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Dust--

For the pillion, you'd do well to use a tail box and install a passenger back rest (like THIS picture.)

These are obviously two very different bikes. I doubt that you will care about the engine power. The Norge, both 4V and 8V, has more power than most of us have any use for. The Triumph, it will be tall for you. You might be able to handle it OK when riding alone, but add a passenger and you will have a hard time at the stops. It can be lowered, but that costs money.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #195
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Dust--

For the pillion, you'd do well to use a tail box and install a passenger back rest (like THIS picture.)

These are obviously two very different bikes. I doubt that you will care about the engine power. The Norge, both 4V and 8V, has more power than most of us have any use for. The Triumph, it will be tall for you. You might be able to handle it OK when riding alone, but add a passenger and you will have a hard time at the stops. It can be lowered, but that costs money.
It's more about weather protection and engine strength than about height. Does the norge protect you well enough at highway speeds? (let's say... 130km/h or 80mph), or does it lack comparing it to the other full-faired motorcycles (yamaha's FJR, Kawasaki's GTR, BMW RT1200, etc.).

It seems that the norge is one on the smallest tourers out there and that's what attractes me about her, but, on the other hand, I keep wondering if it is enough or I should just go the triumph way